It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White College Students File Racial-Discrimination Complaint

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Three white male students have slapped a black female Minneapolis Community and Technical College professor with a racial-discrimination complaint, causing the professor to be formally reprimanded by school officials

Shannon Gibney was teaching her class, Introduction to Mass Communication, when the students reportedly reacted in a hostile manner when she brought up structural racism.
"Why do we have to talk about this every class? Why do we have to talk about this?" one of them allegedly asked her.

Gibney retaliated in return, and according to Salon, with six other professors is in the process of filing a federal class action lawsuit against the college for being a discriminatory workplace.

Source

So apparently this black teacher had been using her class to complain about racism and discrimination on a daily basis, and some students got sick of it and filed a complaint. After being reprimanded by the school, the teacher turns around and files a lawsuit against the school for... racial discrimination.

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Im pretty sure College professors routinely push their own personal Agenda on the daily.

I had a poli-sci teacher who would drop into anti-women Suffrage rants, and how it was the triggering mechanism with Women Lib in the 70's for the destruction of the modern home and economy.

I wrote off college as a place of learning a long time ago, mostly just a place for kids to grow up and prove they can finish something they start.

Doesn't make it right, just saying it doesn't surprise me at all, College professors with head up their ass pushing their agenda on students seems Par the course for US Education.
edit on 4-12-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Oh, I could tell you a story or two..lol.. No kidding on the politics in the classroom. Did you know, for instance, that Usama Bin Laden was actually educated and received his engineering education in Illinois, USA? Err... I didn't...until an instructor stated it as a factual point to the class. Interesting, eh?

Heck, did you also know that Sunni Muslims are the good guys, exclusively, and Shia Muslims are, generally speaking, evil nasty people responsible for most, if not all terrorism in the world? I didn't know that either...until a different instructor stated THAT as fact to the class. Funny...I still don't "know" these facts..but that's why they say I have a thick head. B.S. just bounces off for some reason.

edit on 4-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
i dont think its really about spreading some agenda. i think its their only sounding board.
students just trust their instructors to easily. and instructors like that respect and take advantage of it.
they dont care about teaching, the just want heads to nod in agreement at all their own feelings.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Pretty sure?? It's a fact they do. I want to learn EVERYTHING not taught in institutions.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yes, I had that professor in college, too. He taught US History Since 1867, but I think the course should have been named History of Black Oppression by Whites Since 1867 because that's the angle he taught his US History from. We had to read 6 or 7 books, all on history through that lens, and I took copious notes all on history through that lens. We also had a university lecture series, and the only one he let us go see was ... Jesse Jackson, mandatory.

Being both a freshman, I was new to college and intimidated by the amount of material he was asking us to cover. Being an athlete, I had access to any tutors I wanted if I asked. So I got one for this course. It was probably the best educational experience in my college years. I got a conservative, veteran tutor who used to look at my notes and go over them with me and amend heavily with "He taught that?! That's not what happened ..." It was like getting history heavily edited from two opposing POVs and taught me a lot about filters and how they work in people.

Of course, I wrote the prof's version down in the blue book to get the grade.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
My brother said "potatoe potatoe" standing near an Irish guy and got reprimanded for racial discrimination at work last week.

Just answer yes or no these days and you maybe safe, its not guaranteed, but it might be your safest bet.

edit on 4-12-2013 by oxford because: spello

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Good and about time!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I know they go thru this description(as well as violence in school environment etc) once in class, like probably the first day or something, but not every class.

I'm not sure if the students says "every class" as in this teacher's every class or every class in the college.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's not just colleges anymore either. Its middle school and high school as far as teaching some kind of agenda.

My daughter had an atheist for her 5th grade year in school. He made it his goal to talk bad about God and religion in nearly every class... this was a small town, very religious small town at that... and if he could tell the kids "their God" was a murderer, or "their God was a story" he certainly would... and did... at LOT.

I think that's wrong to do to kids in the 5th grade. I was so angry about that, because I kept thinking he ought to be teaching science not hatred of all things religion.

I don't think my daughter learned even one thing from him that year...
edit on 4-12-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Racial discrimination isn't the only type of discrimination on college campuses these days. A small University that I attended made all new students attend a seminar before their first day of class. When I got there I was given a blue name tag and told to wear it through out the day. I didn't know that the name tags were color coded, with blue meaning military veteran. When I walked into my English class, the instructor pulled me off to the side and told me that he didn't like the military and that no matter what I did, I wasn't going to get higher than a 'C' in his class, so I might as well leave now and not waste his time.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

I hope they find her guilty and punish her to death.

So tired of black people telling me anything, I don't even want to look at you. I don't care about you, stay out of my life.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

jctcle
reply to post by trollz

So tired of black people telling me anything, I don't even want to look at you. I don't care about you, stay out of my life.

This cracked me up.

Sadly this professor will most likely have her way, you know, because a black person screaming racism is a pretty sensitive subject. Funny however that blacks are the first to make racial comments against others - as well as the first to pull the racial card.

It must be a terrible burden to be bitter over something in history that none of them have ever experienced.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jctcle

How to find the extremist on ATS.

...punish her to death....

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

i can dig having more atheists in school, teaching.

but this is no different then christian teachers pushing faith. (we have plenty of those topics on this site)
we shouldnt teach children to pick sides. we should prepare them to make those decisions.

nothing scares me more then a classroom of students without questions. just absorbing information that is handed to them. the smartest person is self taught.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

White College Students File Racial-Discrimination Complaint

Ahem... may I clear my throat?

Thank you.

I am SICK of race being applied on every single news article, media headline and court title. It is horrible that we have somehow come to have a BLACK president... politics aside, thank you, and still place race games.

Sick. Ill. Pukey.

in closing, I would never, ever seek to deny anyone from applying race to anything... I think and believe that is part of our rights as Americans. But I still hope.. pray even, that we rise above this racial pit we find ourselves in before we become victims to it on every level.
edit on 4-12-2013 by redoubt because: ttypo

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeone718

It must be a terrible burden to be bitter over something in history that none of them have ever experienced.

Tho not directly, i will say the culture that is around now is definitely results of the difference over the years.

1964?... that is still like someone's mother or father who suffered in that time, are you saying the oppressed parents have no effect on their children's development, or the their's children's children?

Many older generation were uneducated and it shows now.

edit on 12/4/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

luciddream
reply to post by mikeone718

Tho not directly, i will say the culture that is around now is definitely results of the difference over the years.

1964?... that is still like someone's mother or father who suffered in that time, are you saying the oppressed parents have no effect on their children's development, or the their's children's children?

Many older generation was uneducated and it shows now.

Are you trying to say that your parents were black?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

The only way for it to stop is for parents to teach their children to rise above it and forgive and forget.

That isn't happening. You have an active racial grievance industry that refuses to let it go.

Now, you have the rest of the country starting to get back in the act. Pretty soon, we'll all be back in sheets again, not because we ever wanted to be there, but because our hands were forced. If they keep accusing of something, might as well go there. Right?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jctcle

Are you trying to say that your parents were black?

What gave you an Idea that my parents might be black?

Only black people defend black people on forums?

That is like me assuming you might be White because you're against black people?

edit on 12/4/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join