It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero Cops lose bank robber while playing dress-up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen I give you the urban ghillie suit:

Amazing how he blends in!!

Just before 9:30 Monday morning an armed, masked man stuck up the TD Bank at Northlake Boulevard and US-1 in North Palm Beach, according to the FBI.

SWAT members began entering the building at noon.

The suspect apparently got away with an undisclosed amount of money before the SWAT team got inside.

The article has many more wonderful images of multicam clad children running around and playing lasertag behind trucks while the bank was being robbed and the perp fleeing. TD North Bank Robbed

I wonder how long it took these Barney Fifes to get all geared up in their costumes. However long it was totally worth it. Ghillie suits and multicam .wraps totally made the difference out there downtown.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Multicam in the CITY!!

what morons.. and the fact the supervisor let those IDIOTS out in public looking like that?

FFS, "There are actually a few questions based on the photo".. Hiding behind a WHITE car in Dark green?

That alone proves the guy is Dumber than a BOX of really dumb ROCKS..! complete MORON, and the recon ninja behind not noticing it either..

It's like those kids uniforms at the ToysRus.

And in their eyes, They are RAMBO..

oh wait, Rambo went to war against cops..
edit on 4-12-2013 by HanzHenry because: clear

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
These guys are complete morons.

However, I also find it unsettling that they have access to suits like that.

Police are not soldiers. It's ridiculous that the line is becoming increasingly blurred.

edit on 4-12-2013 by OrphanApology because: cd

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I am literally laughing out loud at that picture...

Im guessing they dont get too many chances to play cops and robbers anymore, so they got confused and geared up for the oh so normal war on terror.

Cant even figure out which game they're playing. LoL

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

OrphanApology
However, I also find it unsettling that they have access to suits like that.

Hunters have access to ghillie suits as well.

As a matter of fact, they invented them.

But I do have to agree with the morons portion of your reply.

They need to be suspended for a week without pay, kicked off the SWAT team and require retraining before allowed back on the streets.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I see why they have the equipment and suits they do. In the RIGHT setting, it makes sense. Especially in South Florida. A lot of 'rural' areas right in and amid the city in that whole area of the state. Lots of places where a Police Sniper would have opportunity to vanish in plain sight with a suit like that.

Somehow..I don't think a bank in the middle of North Palm Beach is among those opportunities to go play Scout/Sniper.

He looks like a clown called by central casting for the wrong movie. Do they order brains along with all the gear for these guys or is looking good the priority? (rolls eyes)

@ BTW .. On those suits? There is nothing restricted or even hard about them for buying one. Cheaper Than Dirt is among many outlets who sell them ...if one didn't learn the skills to make one, given the profession it's made for.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere
Ladies and gentlemen I give you the urban ghillie suit:

Quick glance analysis.

Ghillie suit in a urban terrain = idiot

Short barreled M4 series weapon witha Leopold CQB scope, which is not a sniper weapon = you guessed it, idiot.

Ghillie suit in Florida (which happens to be hot and humid quite often) tells me that he ain't to smart. Maybe he's been in the hot sun one to many times.

If I was the Chief, I would kick these guys to the curb just for causing the embarrassment.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
For that suit to be effective in that setting, it needs some spray-painted graffiti and trash stuck to it.

Another thing, if you saw that image with no context, and were asked if that was military or police, what answer do you think you would get the most? The militarization of the (former) civilian police force is almost complete. Too bad they didn't spend money on actual TRAINING as opposed to the toys first.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

HanzHenry

what morons.. and the fact the supervisor let those IDIOTS out in public looking like that?

You'd think that was a problem. In a rational world the public would see this story and react with a resounding "WTF?" but we live in this "post 9/11" fantasy world where the majority of the population has a hard on for tyranny and police stupidity.

To you, me and anyone with a brain this is absurd.

To Joe and Jane America this is a reason to run into the street shouting "USA! USA! USA!"

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
"Chief said that if I requisitioned this suit I had to wear it every time we roll out."

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I love multicam but this is going a little overboard. They have access to the same gear soldiers have and want to test and use it in the real world.

The problem with that is the are using it against civilians not enemy targets. I am sure they will just list criminals as enemy targets to get around this problem.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Everything in those photos a citizen can purchase.

But yes, I do find it extremely mind numbing that he not only had, but wore a ghille suit. In that scenario it actually had the opposite effect of what camo is for.

I work in Florida and am not aware of any agencies in my vicinity that have ghille suits. They are really not necessary in our line of work.

I like good old fashioned green, dark blue and black.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Not that it matters but it doesn't look like a SBR to me. It looks like a standard issue 16" AR-15 with a carbine length gas system.

Upon further examination it also could be a rifle that started out as SBR but now has a longer flash hider pinned to it to make it 16".

edit on 4-12-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Goobers. Both the buy in the ghillie and the doofus behind him.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

TorqueyThePig
reply to post by SubTruth

Everything in those photos a citizen can purchase.

But yes, I do find it extremely mind numbing that he not only had, but wore a ghille suit. In that scenario it actually had the opposite effect of what camo is for.

I work in Florida and am not aware of any agencies in my vicinity that have ghille suits. They are really not necessary in our line of work.

I like good old fashioned green, dark blue and black.

I reckon this camouflage was re-purposed from obfuscation to intimidation. And it succeeds there. If I looked out my window and saw police in the city running around in multicam and ghilie suits, I'd be proper afraid.

All people are afraid around idiots with guns.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

...and no doubt if they'd stormed the building at 9:35 wearing business suits and the perp had shot some of the civillians he was inside the bank with, you'd be worked up in an equally ridiculous lather.

Nobody got shot, the police did their job well on this case... PROTECTING PEOPLE. Unfortunately some folks are jaded enough to bitch about anything they do, no matter how sensible.

As for the ghilie suit, would you have found it more logical for the officer to remove the suit while he was behind the truck, only to put it back on if he was needed to be in position inside one of the stands of bushes around the bank? Seems like him being prepared from the start makes more sense than getting geared up on site... but what the hell do I know?

What's the green leafy matter in these photos?

Look at this doofus, standing next to a natural tree wearing black and blue clothes! He's playing officer! *Sarcasm intended*

edit on 4-12-2013 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
So why didn't he, as you said...

burdman30ott6

...position inside one of the stands of bushes around the bank?

From the start, to be even more prepared? Nothing stealthy about seeing a bush running out from behind a car and jumping in the bushes, now is there? < rolls eyes >

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Krakatoa

burdman30ott6

From the start, to be even more prepared? Nothing stealthy about seeing a bush running out from behind a car and jumping in the bushes, now is there? < rolls eyes >

Because as we can see from the above photos, the pockets of shrubbery are modest and clearly the officer's entry point into that cover means there's nowhere for him to go afterwards.

Do you have any concept of the purpose of camoflauge?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

burdman30ott6

Krakatoa

burdman30ott6

Because as we can see from the above photos, the pockets of shrubbery are modest and clearly the officer's entry point into that cover means there's nowhere for him to go afterwards.

Do you have any concept of the purpose of camoflauge?

Yes I do understand the purpose....to BLEND into the environment for concealment and stealth. And, how is it that this is accomplished by being dressed as they are and hiding behind BIG WHITE TRUCKS! < rolls eyes again >

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

burdman30ott6

Nobody got shot, the police did their job well on this case... PROTECTING PEOPLE. Unfortunately some folks are jaded enough to bitch about anything they do, no matter how sensible.

What part of the fact that an armed robber got away didn't make an impression on you? THAT was their job, not this fashion show....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join