It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Poll: Millennials Abandon Obamacare, Would Vote to ‘Recall’ Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
-- Harvard Poll: Millennials Abandon Obamacare, Would Vote to ‘Recall’ Obama --

A Harvard poll has come with some interesting points about how young people under 30 (many who voted for Obama) are now having second thoughts.

It seems about half are not approving of Obama's policies concerning things like Syria, Iran, the economy, health care, and the budget deficit. The *Disapproval* rates for those topics were all around *60% thumbs down*

This poll was conducted a few weeks ago.

52% of people age 18-24 said they would support a "recall" on Obama if such provision existed in the Constitution.

President Barack Obama has always had a broad base of support among America’s youngest voters. In 2012, 60 percent of voters aged 18-29 took to the polls to reelect the president. According to a Harvard University’s Institute of Politics poll released on Wednesday, however, many young voters are regretting the votes they cast just over one year ago.

11 percent more young adults, aged 18-29, disapprove of the president’s performance in office than they did last year. Only 41 percent of millennials expressed approval with Obama’s job performance. Of the 55 percent of young voters who admitted to casting their ballot for Obama in 2012, just 46 percent said they would do the same again.

52 percent of younger millennials, aged 18-24, told Harvard pollsters that they would support a recalling of the president from the Oval Office. 47 percent of all young voters said they would support such a measure. Fortunately for the president, no provision to recall the President of the United States exists in the Constitution.

The full poll link is above ^^^^ (very extensive and balanced)

See the full article.....

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

xuenchen
-- Harvard Poll: Millennials Abandon Obamacare, Would Vote to ‘Recall’ Obama --

A Harvard poll has come with some interesting points about how young people under 30 (many who voted for Obama) are now having second thoughts.

It seems about half are not approving of Obama's policies concerning things like Syria, Iran, the economy, health care, and the budget deficit. The *Disapproval* rates for those topics were all around *60% thumbs down*

This poll was conducted a few weeks ago.

52% of people age 18-24 said they would support a "recall" on Obama if such provision existed in the Constitution.

President Barack Obama has always had a broad base of support among America’s youngest voters. In 2012, 60 percent of voters aged 18-29 took to the polls to reelect the president. According to a Harvard University’s Institute of Politics poll released on Wednesday, however, many young voters are regretting the votes they cast just over one year ago.

11 percent more young adults, aged 18-29, disapprove of the president’s performance in office than they did last year. Only 41 percent of millennials expressed approval with Obama’s job performance. Of the 55 percent of young voters who admitted to casting their ballot for Obama in 2012, just 46 percent said they would do the same again.

52 percent of younger millennials, aged 18-24, told Harvard pollsters that they would support a recalling of the president from the Oval Office. 47 percent of all young voters said they would support such a measure. Fortunately for the president, no provision to recall the President of the United States exists in the Constitution.

The full poll link is above ^^^^ (very extensive and balanced)

See the full article.....

What we need is a constitutional amendment to allow for a Public recall election, ON ANY PUBLIC office.

Say triggered by a preset list of conditions.

Once a leader has proven not to have the peoples interest at heart, or the people lose confidence in them we should have a right to at-least question the possibility of removal at the very least.

ETA: And what I mean is separate from congressional impeachment proceedings which can be damn near impossible.
edit on 4-12-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm 28, I abandoned Obamacare years ago when I learned what it entailed and would bring to the American people. Of course that was because I decided to stay informed and not just listen to what the President kept saying from his golf cart.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a balanced article?
if you read who responded, over 50% are from conservative areas.
a majority are Caucasian

which are not likely obama voters to begin with.

and also you failed to mention a larger majority 52% want to get rid of all congressmen

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I agree with that. These politicians say whatever they have to in order to gain these offices, and then once there do whatever they want, and none of what the public voted them in to do.

If we had the possibility of kicking them out much easier than we can now, because now lets face it we simply get stuck with these politicians no matter what once in office, then perhaps the politicians might begin to have more of the public's interest at heart.

Anyone else can get fired if they do not do their job, the only people that we cannot fire seem to be politicians.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

rickm
a balanced article?
if you read who responded, over 50% are from conservative areas.
a majority are Caucasian

which are not likely obama voters to begin with.

and also you failed to mention a larger majority 52% want to get rid of all congressmen

page 3 of the pdf study

8. When it comes to voting, with which party do you consider yourself to be affiliated?

NET Democrat 33%

Net Republican 24%

Net Independent 41%

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Go figure!

A harvard education is actually worth something.

Not a harvard 'grad' but I support a recall.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
As much as I love your posts, I do have a problem with this poll.

The rest of the data isn't very flattering. Their data is drawn from people who aren't very interested in politics in the first place. Many don't even vote.

xuenchen

And correct me if I'm wrong but if 52% of people would support a recall, shouldn't these revote numbers look a little different?

I remember at 18, my taste buds were still evolving. I like things now that I used to hate as a kid. With all due respect, I still think that these are still nothing more than kids. Rightfully so. The last thing they need is their minds being infiltrated by the illusion that is politics. Let's just hope they stumble onto a site like this one day and have their life changed forever.
edit on 4-12-2013 by eisegesis because: ocd

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by eisegesis

I agree.

People don't seem to be all that consistent.

There's some other strange comparisons too.

Maybe this had too many questions.

top topics

join