It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions that no one has ever asked...THE THREAD!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hello ATS.
Did you ever have a question that no one else has ever even thought to ask?
Have you ever made an observation that no one else had payed any attention to?
Do you find holes in theories that no one else sees?

Well...
THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOUR INQUIRY!

Your questions, holes, and observations can be about any topic. Perhaps you may get an answer...you may also seed discussions that may not have ever taken place....therefore, instigating progress!

My initial question is this:
If the Egyptians kept such detailed records of EVERYTHING that they did...even down to the first ever "yo mama" joke...then why the heck didn't they document how they built the pyramids? Did they just forget to? Has that part of history just been hidden as of yet... or repressed?

Well, there's my question. Post yours...or post possible answers to these riddles.
I can't wait to see what great minds ask.

I'd like to give an honorable mention to VandalX...another ATS member for asking a question that led me to ask a question...that let to this thread.

See how it works?
So, have at it ATS.
Let us see where this leads.

edit on 4-12-2013 by AFewGoodWomen because: Kudos to another member

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

AFewGoodWomen
Hello ATS.

If the Egyptians kept such detailed records of EVERYTHING that they did...even down to the first ever "yo mama" joke...then why the heck didn't they document how they built the pyramids? Did they just forget to? Has that part of history just been hidden as of yet... or repressed?

What I've found to be more true than not is as follows. Colonies settling all over the world didn't want their mythology or their idology challenged so they destroyed priceless history before ever understanding it. If you want to control people, you have to remove any challenge in your way... even those you don't completely understand. I hear Britain was famous for these such things happening.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Antipathy17

That was awesome. I didn't even consider that avenue.
Is there evidence of destroyed information in Egypt that you are aware of? Too damaged to be deciphered perhaps?
Your post was valuable and appreciated.
Thank you, now I kinda have closure on that.

Moving on.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

In an attempt to answer your question: They didn't record every little detail, especially of the common man's life. That would include the construction endeavors of the pyramids and other sites within Egypt as that subject would be beneath the high class Egyptian hieroglyphic language. Any of that stuff, including instruction, would've been stored on papyrus and written in Hieratic or Coptic. Unfortunately, papyrus doesn't preserve well at all and so most of the papyrus written records would have been destroyed by time alone. Additionally, such information would've likely have been stored in the Library of Alexandria, which suffered numerous fires including the most well-known fire during the Roman Conquest. If that particular bit of information was stored anywhere, it would've been in that library and by around 400 ad, everything remaining from the library was lost due to an anti-paganism movement. Really sad, huh?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

AFewGoodWomen
If the Egyptians kept such detailed records of EVERYTHING that they did...even down to the first ever "yo mama" joke...then why the heck didn't they document how they built the pyramids?

Answer - 'cuz they didn't build them.
The Pyramids predate the Egyptians who supposedly built them.

QUESTION - WHY WASPS?? Why did God make wasps? They provide nothing. They don't pollinate.
They are ugly. They are grumpy. And all they do is hurt people/animals.

link   

Each good question deserves it's own thread.

link   

AFewGoodWomen
If the Egyptians kept such detailed records of EVERYTHING that they did then why the heck didn't they document how they built the pyramids? Did they just forget to?

I'd say let's get a 'definitive' answer to your question before we get to mine. I'm gonna love what all the 'historians' come out with (repeat of the BS/nonsense) ... oh ... it's well documented ... and they were TOMBS too. ...

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

AFewGoodWomen
reply to post by Antipathy17

That was awesome. I didn't even consider that avenue.
Is there evidence of destroyed information in Egypt that you are aware of? Too damaged to be deciphered perhaps?
Your post was valuable and appreciated.
Thank you, now I kinda have closure on that.

Moving on.

Ya, It was happening all over the world not just what we consider the west. I gave the impression that it was all destroyed. You can probably safely believe that some artifacts were taken for many reasons. Some of which may have been hidden technology. If they stored it anywhere, the Vatican probably knows or had something to do with it.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I have a question about documentation too.

If all the pagan writings were burnt before the dark ages what is neo-paganism built around? How do we know the symbols and spells?

I'm not criticising, I lean that way myself.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

There must be a record of an earlier Egyptian exclaiming; "hey, look what I found"?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Why can't I poo without peeing

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I saw a documentary about a group that did ground penetrating radar around the great pyramid. I can't remember who did the documentary, but they found a large chamber that ran across the Nile river, in it they claim to notice columns and structures that led them to believe this was the great hall of records. The Egyptian authorities wouldn't allow any excavation ( probably because they know it's there and want to conceal or steal the findings).

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

n00bUK
Why can't I poo without peeing

I am not sure at all but i'd assume because of muscles tightening in your stomach also putting pressure on your bladder.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

In an attempt to answer your question: They didn't record every little detail, especially of the common man's life. That would include the construction endeavors of the pyramids and other sites within Egypt as that subject would be beneath the high class Egyptian hieroglyphic language. Any of that stuff, including instruction, would've been stored on papyrus and written in Hieratic or Coptic. Unfortunately, papyrus doesn't preserve well at all and so most of the papyrus written records would have been destroyed by time alone. Additionally, such information would've likely have been stored in the Library of Alexandria, which suffered numerous fires including the most well-known fire during the Roman Conquest. If that particular bit of information was stored anywhere, it would've been in that library and by around 400 ad, everything remaining from the library was lost due to an anti-paganism movement. Really sad, huh?

Thanks for the info.
I've often wondered why the Egyptians wouldn't back up their files...as it were, when speaking of records on papyrus.
I have heard of the fires in the Library...but I have also wondered if there was a structure under the sphynx that kept detailed records (in stone or carved in wood or metal)...I guess it would be Edgar Cayce's fabled "Hall of Records", if I remember correctly.

The Egyptians wanted immortality...they wanted their achievements remembered for ETERNITY.
If a foreign entity were to come and conquer and subsequentially defiled idolatry and written history....why wouldn't they have destroyed EVERYTHING?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Tsu322
I have a question about documentation too.

If all the pagan writings were burnt before the dark ages what is neo-paganism built around? How do we know the symbols and spells?

I'm not criticising, I lean that way myself.

You can burn books but you can't necessarily burn out oral traditions--well unless it's at a stake. Although pagan writings were destroyed in that time period, that doesn't necessarily mean that all practice stopped. It just forced it underground. Think about it this way. If someone came along and said that your beliefs were now illegal, would you completely drop them or would you quietly observe and share your beliefs with trusted colleagues/family while keeping a safe front?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

loveguy

There must be a record of an earlier Egyptian exclaiming; "hey, look what I found"?

LOL.
Best answer yet!
LMAO

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The reason we have forums is to keep topics within themselves so that anyone can find them.

Closed.

top topics

join