It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're in an awful lot of trouble

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
We are the only country in history to use atomic weapons in war. Twice. Over civilian populations. (unless certain ancient Indian texts are to be believed).

We invented a process allowing lead to be used in everything, forever poisoning the Earth’s climate. You’re welcome. www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_kstore_11

Our presidents have overthrown sovereign governments for the sole purpose of securing bananas, sugar, and other strategic US interests. www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1385948644&sr=1-1&keywords=ov erthrow

Also, the president can kill you and anybody in a 50 ft radius of you with a drone strike if he doesn’t like you.

We have more guns than people.

We have the most expensive, destructive, logistically complex military force in history, yet we can no longer afford to run the government.

Our government is bought and paid for by corporations, making a mockery of the Democratic system we created, which didn't even allow blacks to vote until 50 years ago anyway. New voter ID laws are once again preventing people from voting

Teachers are underpaid, disrespected by students, walking out on the job, and some carry guns to school.
A shadow government with an undisclosed budget has created a surveillance state that is the envy of former Stasi intelligence officers. The Nazis wish they could have spied on their citizens as well as us. www.techdirt.com... ities.shtml

This guy.

edit on 4-12-2013 by ZeroReady because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Things like this are constantly said. Myself, I appreciate the message but where do we go from here?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Antipathy17

Scandinavia? I hear it's nice there.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Similiar to another time in History. It's the collapse of ancient Rome all over again. Empires can grow large to a point before they start to collapse in on themselves.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

At least the Barbarians aren't at the gates. Yet.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

lostbook
Similiar to another time in History. It's the collapse of ancient Rome all over again. Empires can grow large to a point before they start to collapse in on themselves.

Then USA looks like its going to be one of the shortest lived super powers in history.
edit on 4-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

What do you think unrestrained, illegal immigration is?

No, they aren't barbarians, but it's the same principle and achieves the same purpose.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

But this country was founded by illegal immigrants. Why should it stop now?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

crazyewok

lostbook

Then USA looks like its going to be one of the shortest lived siper powers in history.

Your posts almost never fail to bring a smile to my face.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The US has been at war almost continually since 1776.
In the past 237 years we have been fighting some type of conflict for 215 years or about 90% of the time.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

ZeroReady
reply to post by lostbook

At least the Barbarians aren't at the gates. Yet.

No Barbarians yet, but criminals are getting worse these days, it seems. Somehow, I feel that the Barbarians are within our own borders.

link   

ZeroReady
We are the only country in history to use atomic weapons in war. Twice. Over civilian populations.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not 'civilian populations'. Not really.

Japan was one big war machine. Everyone was in the war effort. Even kindergardeners went to school half the day and then worked in the bullet factories for the other half. Japan was the aggressor. We, the victim, ended the war with the least chance of our own people dying in the process. It was the right thing to do.

I lived in Japan. I've been to Hiroshima. In the museum there are the leaflets we dropped over Japan telling them exactly what we'd do in Hiroshima ... and when we'd do it ... if they didn't immediately and unconditionally surrender. They refused to do so. 'The bomb' dropped on them and it's Japans fault.

link   

At the gates??! They are in the neighborhoods, in the government, in the system. Total infiltration.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

LOL, you must be a young puppy. Somehow, I think if you surveyed the older folks of Hawaii, those that were around for Pearl Harbor, that you find a much smaller portion of your population that had any problem with the bombings of Nagasaki and Hiroshima.( both industrial centers that supported the Japanese military, by the way).

As far as guns go, the situation facing the U.S. would be far worse if those guns weren't in the hands of civilians. It has, at least, slowed down the Feds making the situation even worse than it is now...

Scandinavia? Go for it! Nothing is holding you back....and hasn't in the past. Gee, your still there. Surprise, surprise. Yawn.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That's like saying Seattle isn't a civilian target because Boeing builds warplanes there. A lot of people work for Boeing. That doesn't mean they aren't civilians.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Our government is bought and paid for by corporations, making a mockery of the Democratic system we created, which didn't even allow blacks to vote until 50 years ago anyway. New voter ID laws are once again preventing people from voting

What voting laws are preventing who from voting, exactly??

No. Immigrants founded this country, there was no such thing as "illegal" immigrants because there was no U.S. or even borders, then. We have a country with laws now.

There are people here, elsewhere that talk about the problems we face in our society/government and there are even more people that don't even know or care about those problems. I've yet to see many people doing anything, though. A lot of people were quick to put down the OWS movement, but at least they were doing something, or trying anyway.

We have rights, we just don't use most of them anymore. People don't want to protest because they all have "better" things to do, where they can be comfortable in their "safe" zone's.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

ZeroReady
reply to post by ketsuko

If news reports and personal accounts can be believed, Mexico is a lawless, drug-infested country heavily populated by gangs and cartels. Opening the borders without any vetting would subject us to an infiltration of what we have supposedly been fighting for years, would it not?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

ZeroReady
New voter ID laws are once again preventing people from voting

Could you please elaborate on this. I don't seem to follow the logic that asking the voter to prove he is the voter, somehow limits his ability to vote?

But I am sure you can explain it much better.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

ZeroReady
reply to post by FlyersFan

That's like saying Seattle isn't a civilian target because Boeing builds warplanes there. A lot of people work for Boeing. That doesn't mean they aren't civilians.

1 - Seattle is Boeings commercial aircraft base.

2 - No .... it was different in Japan. The entire population was part of the war machine. They were the aggressors. They worked the factories. Every last one of them. They were 100% behind the war effort that THEY started.

I lived in Japan for three years. I've been to Hiroshima and to the Museum there, etc etc.
Even Japan acknowledges that the entire population was part of the war machine.
We had to stop them in the way that saved the most American lives.
Dropping the bomb on the military industrial complex city of Hiroshima accomplished that.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Of course! Does that mean that you allow them to build more weapon systems to kill your soldiers just because they don't wear a uniform?? Because their called civilians??

It's "civilians" that generally start the wars.

Taking out infrastructure and the ability to wage war is the best and fastest way to end that war and the killing.

War isn't nice. Refraining from killing civilians lengthens and prolongs wars. Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan...Hello?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join