It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because She Was Crying....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This Beautiful little girl is dead... because she was crying....

I won't post the details, as it's hard to read and some might think it's a little much "detail".
I'll provide the link and you can read it if you want to.

More than six months after Toledo toddler Elaina Steinfurth was first reported missing, her mother Angela and Angela's ex-boyfriend Steven King were sentenced to life in prison with the eligibility of parole.

King pleaded guilty to aggravated murder. Steinfurth maintained her innocence by entering an Alford plea.

Source

I'm very sickened and sad today.

Children sometimes cry, most of the time there is a reason. The reason may seem silly, but it's still a reason and requires attention from an adult or someone who can help.

Please share this story, let's talk about this and remind those with small children, there's going to be stress, there's going to be times you want to scream, run or whatever. You have to stop and think of the little one's. They didn't do anything to deserve ... well you know.

Step away, take a break. You can't leave the child alone, call someone, ask for help, a relative , a neighbor, someone to give a few minutes, to regain composure and deal with the situation.

RIP Little Angel.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

That's such a sad end to a beautiful young life. This world is full of cruel individuals and putting them in jail is just not good enough. Children are the most precious thing in the world. They tell no lies and they are totally innocent. Rip little one

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Poor kid...i'd imagine that baby killers won't have the easiest sentence when locked up...surely even the most hard up person can find someone to take 5 mins for you so you can reset your stress levels

rip the poor kid

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

This makes me sick. Justice is not done to those who hurt kids like this when they are sentenced to life with a possibility of parole. That poor baby..... My stomach was turning while I read this and then I felt my face get warm with rage. Sometimes I have horribly evil thoughts towards people hurting children and this is right up there with it. Call 911 for crying out loud don't just suffocate the baby. Poor baby... God got himself a wonderful Angel I am sure.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Ever see a Steve Wilkos show? Or a Maury show? Some people shouldn't ever be parents. I don't know why God gives those people children and then leaves others, who would be really good parents, childless. It's on my list of questions I hope to get an answer to when I die.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This just happens all too often, and it's not confined to any one community or way of thinking.

I think too many people are wrapped up in themselves and forget that when you have a child, it stops being about you and starts being about them. Children are why strong marriages are so very important. You need that partner to depend on and help you manage your stress and feelings and those all-important little people because you are really fighting an uphill battle crippled if you are doing it alone or feel like you're doing it alone.

This makes me even so much more thankful for my husband being the man he is because I just got done carting my own toddler out of Target. He was crying because I didn't buy him an expensive toy airplane he wanted. Everything was wrong. The straps on his carseat were too short so I had to take him out of his coat before putting him into it. I was in my car, not the regular family one, so the carseat was all the way in the middle forcing me to loft him all the way across the seat to put him in. All while he's howling. Oh and this while he has an ear infection that woke him up and kept both him and us awake for about two hours in the middle of last night.

Really frustrating, but because I have a strong, reliable partner and source of emotional support in my life along with a good family structure to fall back on, I never once thought I ought to beat the tar out of him for his behavior. Never.

Support to help you deal with those feelings and a family to model how it should be. Those make all the difference.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Now I am crying...

Soon I want the people responsible crying.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
How sad. There is no reason for this crap to happen.
It seems like its happening more often lately too.
I don't understand how the people that are supposed to love these babies are so fast to hurt them or worse. Thank you for not posting the details, but bringing awareness to the situation.
As a child I lived next door to a family who played out a similar situation. The step dad lost it. My mom called the cops.We heard it all, unfortunately the police were too late. Even my dad running over there was unable to stop it.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

She was a beautiful little girl. She would have been a light in someone's life. Whatever justice those people don't find in the courtroom, they will find in prison.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Ever see a Steve Wilkos show? Or a Maury show? Some people shouldn't ever be parents. I don't know why God gives those people children and then leaves others, who would be really good parents, childless. It's on my list of questions I hope to get an answer to when I die.

I was just talking to someone about my desire to see a mandatory treatment instilling infertility in those 17 years and younger. Turning 18 would make one eligible to take a course certifying the responsibility and disposition to have a child, wherein they would be granted legal permission to have a child. This would be followed by a certain time period dotted with visits from social workers and the like to ensure the child's productive and responsible upbringing.

Just a rough sketch, but something's gotta be done about this.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

You might be surprised at how many may not have someone else to take over for a parent for 5 minutes. I don't unless my husband is home from work. It is still NO excuse to hurt a child. Take that 5 minutes outside or in the bathroom if need be. We are supposed to protect them, and a parents stress level is no excuse to hurt them.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is a horrible story.. What a beautiful little girl

My youngest son was colicky, and for this very reason, I never left him with anyone until his colic cleared. He cried for 6 hours a day.... everyday... for almost six months. He would even scream in the car the entire time, which is odd because most babies go right to sleep.

While it was incredibly frustrating at times, and incredibly saddening at other times (to not be able to calm your own baby is tough.. makes you feel like you are failing them), I could have never ever in a million years even imagined something like that.

Stories like this make me physically sick. Poor baby

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

This is what should be done but it never will, if you say that out loud people will call you a Nazi. Our society encourages ignorant people to randomly have kids they can't afford and don't want for free checks and government housing. So we increase the percentage of the population of criminals and sociopaths because we pay people to stay home and beat their kids.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I was just reading in my home paper that a 21 month old died of a single gunshot. The mother and "Baby Daddy" are in jail for it. Sigh.

I agree that a strong partnership/marriage is essential in raising children. My husband was my rock when we had our daughter and twins. I couldn't have done it without him. I was 28 when I had my first child, and I was so unprepaared. These young girls who think they can get pregnant and keep the boy from leaving... I just want to scream! They are so unprepared. And then, if the child actually makes it to puberty, the cycle repeats.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

aye, if you don't have anyone make sure the kids safe and then go and destress yourself for 5-10 mins as generally if the diapers empty and the tummies full you wont have much to worry about for 5-10 mins to go and have a few moments to one self

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Idiocracy. Enough said.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is a case where I'm outraged. Why...WHY WHY WHY WHY is our Justice System reduced to "Lets make a deal" and "Wheel of Fortune"?! She was allowed to take a plea to "maintain innocence"? Why was that worthless piece of human trash even offered a deal on ANY level, in ANY way?

Here is the deal to give a child murderer. You can plead guilty, unconditionally and with FULL allocution, OR...we can try your sorry butt and, if a death penalty state, spare *NO* expense in the vast arsenal of the state to see death as the end result.

Guilty = LWOP
Full Trial = Death Row.

Thats the ONLY deal someone like this should be offered, EVER. PERIOD. END OF STORY. This system of ours make me sick and ashamed to be a part of it some days...and I've all but totally lost respect for what "calls itself" prosecution these days. Oh B.S..... It's a race to who can get the set of steak knives for the highest number of cleared cases by pathetic deal.
edit on 4-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Yeah, if you are that stressed they are better off in a crib or in their bedroom for a few minutes while a person calms themselves elsewhere nearby. If they are in a safe location they can't hurt themselves. And babies should always have clean diapers and full tummies.
edit on 4-12-2013 by woodsmom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

abe froman
reply to post by AfterInfinity

This is what should be done but it never will, if you say that out loud people will call you a Nazi. Our society encourages ignorant people to randomly have kids they can't afford and don't want for free checks and government housing. So we increase the percentage of the population of criminals and sociopaths because we pay people to stay home and beat their kids.

The problem isn't that some people shouldn't be allowed to have children. That is clearly true.

The problem is that when you let the state start dictating who does and does not have children and when and why. Who gets to define that? How is that defined? How many visits does a social worker get to make? Under what conditions is/are parents considered unfit? Who and how is that defined? It's the answers to all these questions that make people nervous and not willing to go there.

You might wind up with scenes like these:

Couple forced to have abortion.

Woman beaten and forced to abort.

Because we have to understand that the state does not care about you, me, or anyone else, including our children any further than it feels it can gain some advantage from us. It will be as brutal to us as it feels it needs to in order to force us to comply. So think long and hard before starting down the road of giving the state that much power to control us. We already see what happens when they control our lives from birth to death through health care, and we're just getting the merest glimmer of the nightmare this will be. Now you think they should decide if we can breed like a farmer does with his cattle?

Look how that works out for China.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join