It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of the Beast simplified?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I posted this in an older thread, but I thought it could do with a thread to call home.

I think the mark, which they say is to be on the hand or forehead, is simply this:

It is what you do, and what you think.

Doing, based on what we think. That is what makes us Human.

If we act like maniacal animals (beasts) then we are going against what our grand evolution has given us, and would be labelled (marked) as such.

If you act or think like an animal, then you can not function in human society.

I think the writers and thinkers of old knew this simple idea.

What say you?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

Would love to comment. But I am not aware of what the Mark of the Beast is. Apologies. Could you help ?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Or they could have just made up a random number to mess with future generations. I mean they can't even settle on what the number should be, 666 or 616.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Never mind OP. I know what it is now haha

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
nvm as well.
edit on 4-12-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

brace22

Would love to comment. But I am not aware of what the Mark of the Beast is. Apologies. Could you help ?

Christians believe that, during the shift towards a Satanic society, mankind will have a choice as to whether or not they will 'accept' a mark, usually explained to have a connection to the number 666, 616 or six hundred-three score and six.

It is said that those who accept the 'mark' will be able to take part in the new society, but this is to the detriment of their souls.

Those who do not accept the 'mark', however, will not be able to buy or sell in the society, rendering them socially 'sterile'. Because they have not taken this 'mark', they will keep a purity of soul.

For as long as the Bible has been with us, humans have wondered exactly what the mark is. Some think it is a barcode tattoo. Some believe it to be an implant of some sort.

Nobody knows.

It is all up for debate, if it is true at all.
edit on 4-12-2013 by Unrealised because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Everyone in my family gets the mark at birth, and then we can buy and sell. Nothing to be scared of.

Last time I looked 777 was gaining strength in the mark department.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

It is what you do, and what you think.
[...]
Doing, based on what we think. That is what makes us Human.

If we act like maniacal animals (beasts) then we are going against what our grand evolution has given us, and would be labelled (marked) as such.

If you act or think like an animal, then you can not function in human society.

I think the writers and thinkers of old knew this simple idea.

One thing about ancient prophesies is in the language via translation and interpretation so... it is entirely possible that you are correct. However, I think the thing about not being able to buy or sell without said mark pretty much identifies it as something secondary or separate... such as something akin to a chip or digital tat that basically works like an RFID tag on cattle.

Of course, that is a limited view based on our current technological abilities and the general course to which our society seems all but destined. That's just my personal uptake and digestion of the subject.

On a sidenote...
There are a number of junctions in the prophesy found in Revelations that would seem required to occur before the so-called mark of the beast can happen. IMESHO, we're still kind of just getting into town here...

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
If this prophecy is true I tend to think it will be literal.

I think eventually a chip or barcode will be pushed on us as a safer way of keeping our money and personal info. Part of the propaganda campaign to get it introduced will include scare tactics about peoples credit card and bank info being stolen, cant steal someones money if you need the chip, a pulse and other biometric data to make a purchase with it

As I said in another thread I think all religious books are so edited and watered down that they are spiritually useless, but this prophecy should make everyone a bit wary

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Oh wow thats way more in-depth than google images haha.

So either way, its lose lose right?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Indeed, but it's even more profound and has to do with human proportions. From measuring a person's hand you can basically predict the weight and size of all other bones in the body. Even more precisely if you also have a skull to go with it. Stretching out your arms to the sides (like Jesus on the cross) and the width of your palm in proportion with your arm between the horizon and your eyes, it measures roughly 10 degrees of the total horizon. Your forehead's height and width correspons to the measure of your hand. Tour thumb stretched out like with your hand, covers about 2 degrees, while the sun and the moon occupy about 1/2 degree each, and so on. An ell or a cubit is the length of your forearm, and equal six hands, or 30 thumbs, so a cubit on arms length equals 60 degrees or 1/6th of the horizon. Do you see where this is heading?

Anyway. On arms length the width of your Hand equals 1/36th of the Zodiak. 36 is a triangle number and so is 666, and they are closely related, for if you add all natural numbers from 1 through 36 you get 666. Thanks to the Vatican and their predesessors leading the gross inquisition following the Jesus thing, John's prophecy about the beast and it's name, number and mark has went from one person, the Jew called Jesus-- into including every speaking soul on the planet. Only the abnormous freaks and the cripples remain. For: The number of the beast was originally 616 (the Latinized name 'Jesus' equals 616 in Hebrew gematria). But today all bibles have 666 written where 616 used to be.
edit on 4-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: added Jesus

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

For St John it would have been a Hebrew related mark.

In the TORAH Law the Israelites took the commandment to wear the words of the Law on their foreheads and their arms quite literally; they wore (and some still do) tiny scrolls strapped to their foreheads and their left arm. It is called Tefillin.

The mark of the beast is a perversion of this. It is like having the seal and word of the covenant of the adversary upon oneself.

St John has made it plain to me what the mark is. It is any kind of mark worn on my being that relates to the system of man, his number being 666 (because it is the number of a man).

When I was in Israel I witnessed it taken so seriously that even when one is stamped going into a nightclub it is done away from the hand. It is my custom also.

Even an RFID chip is one step too far for me. It is an invasion of my being.

To the poster who wrote that it is not agreed as to whether the correct translation reads 666 or 616: There is only one translation of the number being 616. ALL the others translate it as 666. The 616 translation is not recognised by nearly all Bible scholars.

edit on 4-12-2013 by Revolution9 because: correction.

link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

Thank you for that.

Very interesting information about the number.

link   

IkNOwSTuff
If this prophecy is true I tend to think it will be literal.

I think eventually a chip or barcode will be pushed on us as a safer way of keeping our money and personal info. Part of the propaganda campaign to get it introduced will include scare tactics about peoples credit card and bank info being stolen, cant steal someones money if you need the chip, a pulse and other biometric data to make a purchase with it

As I said in another thread I think all religious books are so edited and watered down that they are spiritually useless, but this prophecy should make everyone a bit wary

These new technologies do seem to fit the pattern of removing paper money and even paper checks as the means of buying and selling and replacing them with photons on a monitoring screen.

And most spiritual books have to communicate on several levels to reach the place where seekers are and the semi-enlightened have been. Up until recently writing about spiritual and human consciousness topics with clarity was not only not understandable to most people, but was against the law in many countries thanks to church and state intermingling. We now live in a wonderful age, where we can say anything (except in most places) and pay for something with photons!
edit on 4-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Revolution9

To the poster who wrote that it is not agreed as to whether the correct translation reads 666 or 616: There is only one translation of the number being 616. ALL the others translate it as 666. The 616 translation is not recognised by nearly all Bible scholars.

The 616 fragment is also the oldest surviving fragment of that very piece of the Apocalypse. There may be only one trace left of it, but are you willing to bet it is a typo? For 666 without 616 makes no sense in relation to the prophecy connected to it. Had 666 been the original number John himself would be the false prophet. By destroying nearly all available copies having the 616 number and then changing it to 666, the authority that introduced this forgery became the false prophet, no other than the early church under the successors of Pope Peter. And everything fits perfectly like a symphony.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Yes I'm familiar with what you say. I've done my homework and with all arguments considered I am going with 666 as being the correct number.

How funny would that be if all the prophesies of all these thousands of years had got everything else right and then someone slipped up in translating and got the number wrong! Oops, The Lord's master plan in tatters because of a typo!!!

I think long ago they made the right decision that 666 is the winning lottery number for good ol' Belzebub.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Keep in mind, the Bible also states that those that have the seal, or mark of God, shall be saved. I never see people mention this, and have often wondered the same.

Rev 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from
the east, having the seal of the living God: and he
cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom
it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
Rev 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea,
nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of
our God in their foreheads.

Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they
should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any
green thing, neither any tree; but only those men
which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Homework and all concidered, you have to admit that if John the Revelator wrote a book (the Pocalypse) and said that a certain false prophet would cause "all, both small and great , rich and poor , free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand , or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell , save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." and write the number in question (666) he would himself be the false prophet. Time is cucial here, and time is an important piece of the puzzle, for written in John's hand 616 would only relate to one person, Jesus, the Lamb of God, who carries our sins on it's shoulders and so on (are you seeing where I'm getting?), indirectly saying that the Beast will also mark Jesus himself. 616 is code for Jesus. 666 is code for Jesus and all other humans. It's encoded into our very bodies from fall, when we are adults, the sacred proportions of the human body. If there exists original sin connected to the human race, 666 is it. Angels have similar, but different proportions that adds up differently. These proportions were rediscovered or reborn during the Reneissance, but old as civilisation.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Libertygal
Keep in mind, the Bible also states that those that have the seal, or mark of God, shall be saved. I never see people mention this, and have often wondered the same.

Rev 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from
the east, having the seal of the living God: and he
cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom
it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
Rev 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea,
nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of
our God in their foreheads.

Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they
should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any
green thing, neither any tree; but only those men
which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

May be it is a test? The ones who will object, even though the consequences for themselves will be very grave in this world, will be upholding Christ's specific instruction not to have the mark. Perhaps that is faith and allegiance enough to be considered by Him as one of His.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I appreciate your observation and reasoning here. I think if and when such a mark comes upon the human race it will be as clear as day to those who it is meant it to be as clear as day to.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join