It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISON Disuccsions…. HUGE let down. Grr.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I am very let down with the discussions about ISON on this website. There have been many threads, with different opinions and different theories.

I, personally, have seen little respect shown between divided opinions.

Is it really so hard to say…

" I disagree, but I respect your opinion and your thinking
"

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

why should I respect scientific illiteracy ?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

Comets seem to bring out the best and worst in folks. No coincidence, IMO. There are as many experts saying each one of them will be harmless and a neat show as there are suggesting each one may kill us all and end life as we know it on Earth ...even if the physical size is woefully inadequate to manage any such thing.

Still, there is no shortage of idiots out there in MSM and the public square, so to speak, raising fears, tensions and the overall B.S. level to where we need a boat just to get around sometimes.

What we need are people in public who are interested in informing the public, not scaring them for amusement and profit (Or just ratings, as often)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

You don't have to agree. But you don't have to be horrible just because someone may have something wrong. It's called decency. Something which is lacking in most human beings.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Hey bro..just be what you want to be..live just once..remember that...

About Ison, Ison is most great comet in my live maybe someone too here..he not die, but spread his heart into space
edit on 4-12-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Cheesy I have loved all your comments on ISON. I cannot remember a single bad word or dis respect coming from you throughout this entire thing.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
ISON ? ... Oh, the zombie comet !

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

why should I respect scientific illiteracy?

Why bother then with this web site?
You Einstein, as a scientifically literate person (as you say), should serve the comunity to transfer your knowledge in polite way, not to disrespect others.
You might have more knowledge compare to someone here, but strength lies in the fact that you need to try to pass it, not to ridicule others.
With ridicule, person only show their uncontrollable ego.
edit on 4-12-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

NASA and the MSM LIE so often that I sometimes use them as a reverse compass....

If they say ISON IS harmless I start to think the opposite...

And I'm convinced that Planet X is real by watching the amount of energy the MSM puts into saying it isn't.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cathar

I agree with you partially buddy.

I think when it comes to earth destroying comets, it's very hard for them to lie. I only say this, because as has been said many times on this website, and in other astronomy pieces around the world, it would be very hard to hide a comet coming straight at us.

As far as I am aware, NASA and most other space agencies rely heavily on amateur and private astronomers to find comets and track them etc. So on that front, I don't think NASA or MSM are lying.

HOWEVER

Everything else, is plausible. IE, aliens, UFO's, Wars and so on. I tend to have the same view as you. As soon as I read an official story regarding earthly matters (Nothing to do with space) I instantly think otherwise.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Rest in Pieces C/2012 S1

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

But you don't have to be horrible just because someone may have something wrong. It's called decency. Something which is lacking in most human beings..

I hate "horrible", and overly broad, statements such as that. They always lack a sense of "decency", but I DO respect your right to feel as you may.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Yes hugh letdown. I was so looking g forward to the comet of the century. Looks like I have to hold on to my precious memories of Hale Bopp. That was the most amazing thing my eyes have ever beheld in the night sky. I can close my eyes and still see it over the garage peak to the north west.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

With ridicule, person only show their uncontrollable ego.

Yep! That's what you just did:

You Einstein, as a scientifically literate person (as you say), should serve the comunity to transfer your knowledge in polite way, not to disrespect others.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

I apologise for upsetting you buddy

Maybe the term in-decent would suffice?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cathar

NASA and the MSM LIE so often that I sometimes use them as a reverse compass....

If they say ISON IS harmless I start to think the opposite...

And I'm convinced that Planet X is real by watching the amount of energy the MSM puts into saying it isn't.

Those excuses are ONLY an attempt to justify "confirmation bias".

See ya,
Milt

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

I never said I am smarter than anyone here nor I ridicule others.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Oh well, Ison died. We need to get on with our lives. Maybe we should have a party to celebrate the comet's entering into the afterlife
Coffee and doughnuts for everyone.

Now what is the next great conspiracy or possible disaster that we can be talking about. The madrid fault is getting more active. The cold weather in weird places. Tornado and hurricane season is over, global warming is starting to fizzle out....there has to be something else major that is going to happen in the next few months.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

I apologise for upsetting you buddy

I don't see your attempt at belittlement as an act of decency, so I, most certainly, can't respect that.

Maybe the term in-decent would suffice?

You didn't understand my comment. If you had, you would have known that my criticism was centered around your use of the word "MOST".

See ya,
Milt

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

I never said I am smarter than anyone here nor I ridicule others.

To this point, I never said that you did. However, calling "NASA and the MSM" liars is, indeed, an attempt to "ridicule others".

See ya,
Milt

top topics

<<   2 >>

join