It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello everyone! Would love to talk...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hello,

I'm from the northern USA, been reading this site for a long and finally decided to connect. I have an open mind, a couple of college degrees, and a crazy past (not necessarily in a good way either lol). I would love to talk about:

1) ETs/UFOs

2) spirituality and related experiences

3) witchcraft/"magic"/demons/angels/etc.

4) psychology/sociology/the insanity of the human race at times lol

5) And anything else really lol

I mentioned my past, way too long and crazy but a quick tidbit:

I've had a drinking problem from a young age which has sent me to different treatment centers and philosophies all over the US. The best and worst experience was the time I spent locked in an in-patient scientology rehab. It was bad because...well everything. They take societies most broken members and brainwash, without even a real attempt to hide it. Of course anyone not court mandated was free to leave, but they threatened to call the police and make things up about you if you did. They also would call any family member that wanted you to get better and would shame you as well. Anyone, the "good" from this is that I have real experience resisting brainwashing which is great when you look at today's society in general. I found another individual similar to me, he became my "twin," and we faked our way through it. Many people didn't make it though, I would watch them fade into the cult mentality and I couldn't do anything about. I also learned very quickly that some of the patients/inmates were planted to look for dissention. After 3.5 months, I finally graduated. When my parents picked me up we stayed at a hotel because of the distance. After they went to sleep I went outside and cried for a long time. It was a terrible experience but I made it.

Anyway, as you can see I love chatting so please feel free to message me.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaScorp20

WELCOME!!!!!!

You won't struggle to find people to talk with about your chosen subjects! Plenty of stuff on here

As for your past… It sounds like you went through a lot. If there is one thing I can say about ATS, it's that quite a few people on here have had troubles in the past, and this is a great place to find support and help get your troubles of your mind. Regardless of the huge differences in opinions on this website, it is still very supportive I feel.

I hope you are doing much better now.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Did the Scientology rehab help with the drinking problem? I'd guess they had you do lots of saunas and vitamin therapy, and asked you to take lots of niacin.

Welcome to ATS, and tell us about things you know and ask about things you'd like to know. There are rocks on Mars on the site that look like the spine of an animal, and if you've never been scared of stuff in the sky before, be afraid (but not very afraid), for that's what we do here, and now you can too!

A typical day at ATS, enjoy (that's me, in drag in the purple dress, getting into position to grab a couple of the flaming rocks for my collection of odds and ends):

edit on 4-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

WELCOME AND CONGRATS ON KICKING THE HABBIT! I would be interested to hear more on your side of the scientology thing. I have always been curious but its always been on the back burner because I like to study other things. I hope to hear from you more!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Welcome to the party!

I had no idea that Scientology "operated" rehab centers. The mere thought gives me the shivers...

Do you mind sharing what part of the country this rehab center was located? I'm just curious.

Based on your post and what you stated you were interested in, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. There are so many areas of interest that are well covered here, one of the more fun activities is connecting the dots between seemingly disparate topics and finding that there is often a common thread.

Enjoy your time here, and I look forward to seeing you start a thread on the Scientology rehab center. I'm sure many people will be interested in hearing of your experiences there.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Hey Mega, welcome to ATS! You've pretty much listed everything I'm interested in too.

Glad you signed up.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Welcome to the site. I'm sure you will enjoy this place

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
www.theblaze.com...

Check that out! first thing I saw in the picture kinda creepy aye?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Welcome

I'm glad you joined us.
Have some welcome cheesecake.. hope ya like.

Enjoy your stay here.
Peace and love
-nat the blue eyed cat-

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Welcome Friend.

"Here for the Festival? "

Aleister
]

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS megascorp, there's lots of info on the subjects you mentioned and more, lots of people were wild drunk barhopper bartenders when we were younger, no shame in it, glad you grew out of it to. You'll find all kinds here, don't take grammer Nazis of harsh attitudes around here personally, alot of people around here are very passionate about their beliefs,

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Welcome to the AboveTopSecret family

You'll find a lot of threads on the subjects you mentioned in your OP -- looking forward to your
contributions in the forum!

~Sovereign

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the messages everyone! Later this evening ill attempt my first topic post with my experiences in scientology. I have a lot of informatin on them as well from L. ron Hubbards "amazing texts" (lol) that I got to keep, plus other research I have compiled. I haven't heard a lot about them lately, but they are a dangerous group. It did keep me clean for about 1.5 years but that was out of the fear of having to go back. If you relapse you can return for a complimentary stay! Honestly after experiencing and studying many types of substance abuse treatments I really didnt begin to heal on any level until I was able to "look in the mirror" and accept myself, flaws and all. It isnt that I can say that I even "love" myself, and I still have plenty of problems lol, but once I accepted everything about myself, I achieved a sense of peace. It was an epiphany, it was eerie and good at the same time. If anyone needs to talk about any issues related to addiction, please feel free to message me. My knowledge isnt all just crazy experiences either lol, I have a degree in Psychology. The main reason I wont become an addiction counselar, however, is because of how sad it is. Some of the horrible things that happened to great people because of addiction and "the war on drugs" are so upsetting. Ive experienced hell throughout my addiction, but some of the people I met...I dont how they have the strength to keep fighting.

Anyway I'll post about the scientology later this evening. They have several centers in the USA, they go by the name Narconon. I attended the one in Michigan. I have no problem giving out information about them because of the false advertising they use to get clients. They told me and my parents straight lies.

Thanks again for the welcome messages!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Usually a moderator shares the rules and regs of this site.. But I see one hasn't been through here though...
You have to make 20 posts on any forum ya like and then you can start messaging and you can start your own thread.

Can't wait to read more about your experiences... Addiction runs on both sides of my family. I struggled and am doing better... I think...

Peace ~~>>>
-nat
edit on 4-12-2013 by natalia because: Changed a word

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hey, thanks for the info. I read some of the rules for the site but then I got sidetracked by sone other posts lol.

I'm glad you're doing better, its definitely rough. Like I said, after almost 11 years I feel like Ive reached a new peace about the drinking, but repairing 11 years worth of damage can seem hopeless at times. All I know is I should've died several times and yet I didnt. Im hoping its for a purpose, at least that thought can keep me going.

Thanks again for the info!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS! My kind of member!

Drop by my thread sometime and share your paranormal/UFO experiences (click on my signature). We would love to hear anything you don't mind sharing.

Here, have a cup of coffee on me...

top topics

join