It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook 911 tapes to be released Wednesday

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Well a lot of people have been waiting for this and I personally feel they should at this time.
It has been a year since the shooting. At first I was against it but as time has passed I feel it will answer a lot questions people have.

A Connecticut prosecutor said Monday he will not appeal a judge's order to release 911 recordings from last year's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

State's Attorney Stephen Sedensky III led the investigation into the Dec. 14 shooting that killed 20 children and six women. The gunman, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, also killed his mother in their Newtown home before driving to the school.

Sedensky said the decision was made in consultation with others including an attorney for the town of Newtown.

When the tapes are released I will post them here.

NEWTOWN -- A week after his arguments for keeping secret the emergency 911 calls from the Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy were rejected by a state Superior Court judge, Danbury State's Attorney Stephen J. Sedensky III decided Monday to end his appeal.

www.ctpost.com...-5512683
edit on 4-12-2013 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Lets all hope what we're waiting to hear and learn more from turns out to be constructive and not destructive to have out there.

I believe this is the first area of evidence we're seeing where the Newtown officials fought hard and seriously to block it. It'll be interesting to see why and just what basis they're using to consider something unworthy or too sensitive for release. This sure isn't the way I'd have tested that...but no one asked us, and it's coming later whether we're ready or not.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
This is just as likely to raise more questions than it is to answer any.
I'm glad to see a little transparency in this case, it was looking like Connecticut government was doing everything behind closed doors.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I was off work sick that day and my wife and toddler son stayed at a relatives house so my son wouldn't get ill from me, so I sat up in bed surfing the interweb. I was here on ATS when the news start coming through about sandyhook, on the thread someone quickly put a link up to the police and EMS radios. I can't remember how long the link was working for but long enough to have people calling BS on the mainstream news that was coming out at the same time. I remember telling people that I had listened to the live scanners that day and the responses were to the tune of "thats kinda disturbing" and "why would you want to listen to that?". I guess the point I'm trying to make is don't be suprised if people turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to the release of these tapes. As usual, the sheeple won't wanna know

Peace.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ranong

I to was listening to my scanner for a few hours till the tone went off for our fire dept. to gon on stand by for Sandy Hook.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

nighthawk1954
reply to post by Ranong

I to was listening to my scanner for a few hours till the tone went off for our fire dept. to gon on stand by for Sandy Hook.

might want to make a new thread when they hit, this one is a bit old, whole 5-6 hours.

I'll be looking for it

Someone else is going to post a new thread with them..
edit on 4-12-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Why can't we let these children rest in peace ?
How would you feel if one of those kids were yours ?
Shame on all of you. SHAME SHAME SHAME !!
There is no conspiracy here Just a mad man who ruined these families forever. Oh my God shame on you all. I mean it.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
There is no conspiracy here Just a mad man who ruined these families forever. Oh my God shame on you all. I mean it.

How do 911 tapes disrupt the peace of dead children?
We would like to know how law enforcement is handling these situations
ENCASE OUR KIDS ARE ever in this sick, and disturbing situation..

I do not think there is any conspiracy, I would like to see how the first responders reacted..

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I still believe there was an Second shooter and let forget the other weapon that was found and covered up at the scene, i am sure you remember which one i am talking about.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I still believe there was an Second shooter and let forget the other weapon that was found and covered up at the scene, i am sure you remember which one i am talking about.

Theres video of this going down, if there were two shooters, i don't see how you could
cover the fact up. Its hard for two people to keep a secret, let alone the hundreds of people involved directly in the investigation..

If you figured out there were two shooters, when no one else noticed, it would look damn good on your application for promotion..

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I also believe there was more than one shooter. Evidence of such in thread titles Secrecy Still Surrounds Sandy Hook Investigation. Also seeing the man being led from the woods in cuffs and put in a law enforcement car, never mentioned again. Much later he's a father at the school to make gingerbread houses. C'mon. No father would flee the school and go running through the woods. Most would be fighting to get to the classroom and protect their child.
Truth be told, I am a mother and would in no way go running through the woods behind the schools. Hunker down and wait for the cops maybe, maybe not even think and try to enter the school to look for my kid. Or was the guy in cuffs the one who showed up from out of town because his phone's app told him about the shooting. Why would any sane person go to check that out and risk being shot at and why go running thru the woods behind the school. A scanner app is the only thing I can think of but surely he would not have gotten there before law enforcement.

AutumnWitch, do you live in the Newtown area? I ask because the few people who have the biggest issues with people wanting questions answered are from that area. Here's what I think. Having the truth and ALL of the events told publicly and having questions answered would allow most everyone to put the entire event to rest. An no, no one wants names of the children.

Listening to law enforcement tapes is not bothering those resting in peace. There is no privacy concerns as they wouldn't be identifying anyone during the time the calls started coming in. But people do have the right to know what law enforcement did right or wrong and it would also be valuable to emergency centers everywhere, especially as a learning tool.

edit on 12/4/13 by opal13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

And how pray tell do you know for a fact that the police acted quickly and correctly? Because they said they did? Police departments are public agencies and their actions should always be open for review.
What if it was a hostage situation and they bumbled? Do you think they would volunteer that information?
Something about the case stinks from the word "go" due to the endless changes of "facts" given by police in the first place.

If they are so competent then why so many pieces of bad information such as "handguns and only handguns were used" to "An AR1 was found in the car" "Lanza was wearing a bulletproof vest" and "Ryan Lanza is the suspect" (why arrest a living person if the actual perp is dead on the scene?). Still later in the day a shotgun magically appears in the car too.

If they can screw up those kinds of details is it not possible they could have screwed up the response as well?

All this "information" came from official sources in the first place, meaning police (either CSP or Newtown) as NOBODY else had access to the crime scene. The only mistake made by the media was the local paper interviewing the dead principal (who never really explained how that happened either)

The summary report leaves much to be desired and I find it shocking that they could not match a single bullet to the gun that was the supposed murder weapon. Good thing this is not a trial as the prosecutor would be basing everything on circumstantial evidence. No video footage, no one who could ID Lanza as the shooter, no one saw him leave his house or arrive at the school.

Shame on us? No.
Shame on Newtown and Connecticut State Police for telling the public so many conflicting stories in the first place.

We'd like to be sure our public officials got it right without covering up some mistake of their own.

How would I feel if it were one of my children? The same. I would still want to know the police did everything they could to save the life of my child. I would want to know every last, single detail of how they responded, when and where they were, what they did and why they wouldn't allow the EMTs in the school. I would demand to know ALL of those things.
edit on 4-12-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

edit on 4-12-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

If one of those children were mine, I would damned sure want to hear the tapes and I would damned sure want to know if the situation was handled correctly. Granted, it wouldn't bring my kid back, but it might save another child or children in the future.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It is now 12:30 PM EST . should be released soon.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Any word on security camera coverage of the event? I don't believe anyone was shot outside so I can't see what the harm in posting all the outside camera footage would be... unless it unravels a plot.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

opal13
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

If one of those children were mine, I would damned sure want to hear the tapes and I would damned sure want to know if the situation was handled correctly. Granted, it wouldn't bring my kid back, but it might save another child or children in the future.

Completely different than an absolute (morbid) stranger with no ties to you or your child wanting the get every gory detail of the death of your child.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

edit on 4-12-2013 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

I don't want gory details of any deaths. I am not like that. I want to hear how the situation was handled by law enforcement and emergency services. If any mistakes were made, of if things could have been done differently, it may help law enforcement or emergency services in other places. Would you prefer maybe other children somewhere someday may be saved if things were done differently? If there is anything to learn from those recordings? Or would you rather say, these kids died, but oh well, why bother improving a system somewhere else if it could save other kids, they don't matter. Yes, Sandy Hook kids mattered, and kids everywhere matter. But should someone from that area dare say otherwise and be unwilling to save someone else the same horrific nightmare in the future, then no one really wants to hear what I have to say about that. If I had lost a child that day, I would make it my mission to try to make sure it never happened to someone else's child, it would be the least I could do for the memory of mine. There are obvious things that have been left out of the reports and things that were changed. I would venture to guess 911 recordings are going to answer maybe a few of those questions or gaps or altered stories.

NO ONE WANTS GORY DETAILS. So stop with the accusations if you have no better valid argument. If you are one of the Newtown residents who just want to bury your head in the sand and believe everything you were told, so be it, but don't judge or accuse others. Fact of the matter is, it happened, and it doesn't just disappear, it happened and it will always be a cloud hanging over the town and in the hearts of those who lost loved ones. Not trying to be cold hearted here, but facts are facts, and perhaps some can live their lives telling themselves it didn't happen. That's not healthy.

It's like this, if you don't want to hear it, don't listen to it, no one is going to make you or anyone else listen.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
And I would also like to say, the 911 tapes would not have any gory details, as it was people calling in reporting a shooter.

Any other transmissions concerning the conditions of the children and teachers would be on two way radios on a closed channel between law enforcement and those recordings, if any, would not be released to the public. Those transmissions would not have even been able to be heard on a scanner.

So again, trying to accuse others you don't know, doesn't work.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

Hope you feel the same way towards Obama and his other anti Gun cronies when they use these children for their own Gun Control Agendas

townhall.com...

Friend, When tragedy struck Sandy Hook Elementary School last year, we mourned together as a nation. As we approach the anniversary on December 14th, communities are coming together to reflect and stand as one with the families of Newtown, Connecticut. Right now, we're looking for supporters to host remembrance events in their community -- if you're interested, you can sign up today. OFA will give you the resources you need to ensure your events is a powerful reminder of what we lost a year ago, and a reminder that we as a nation need to do more to prevent gun violence and to keep our communities safe. Newtown green ribbons will be distributed that day -- both in person and online -- to help show solidarity with the families of Sandy Hook. If you'd like to host a Newtown anniversary event, all you have to do is sign up here to get started. my.barackobama.com... And we'll be in touch soon with more information. Thanks.

By hosting a Newtown Anniversary event, you are joining thousands of Americans across the country as we remember the tragic events that took place at Sandy Hook Elementary School one year ago. Supporters will be gathering at events in communities across the country, with partner organizations, to pay tribute to the 26 victims and call on Congress to finally take action to make our communities safer. Create your event today by filling out the fields below. We'll contact you with details about our Gun Violence Prevention campaign and provide training, tools, and information to make your event on December 14th a success.

edit on 4-12-2013 by ruderalis1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join