It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precession of the equinox?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim
reply to post by crowdedskies

The basis of any magic system is to have an element of limited chance. Let's say 52 cards in a deck and a bible or for that matter 32 pieces on a chess board and a book of law or seven planets in stable orbits, a calendar together with statistics and psychology. Astrology is like the lottery. People win all the time, only not you. It's statistics. Scams really.
edit on 18-1-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

Not sure whether you are talking about magic as in Stage magician or Magic as in Occult Magic. Strange that you should place astrology in the category of scams. Presumably you see esoteric philosophy or the occult as scams too. So what is your view about the Occult generally and how Pythagoras fits in.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, I have often speculated that the shattering of Pangea occured at the Great Flood. I dont know if this happened quickely or over time, but I do believe that the Giza Pyramid marks our original equator. The face on Mars marks Mars' original equator, so that supports a multi-planetary disturbance.

The problem is determining when the Giza Pyramid was actually built. If it was pre-flood, then its unlikely that Pangea was antediluvian, as the Giza Pyramid aligns with other ancient structures in other continents on the old equator. If its post-flood, then at least one or more of the retro-equitorial structures must have been built as post-flood memorials.

Most ancient calendars mathematically memorialize the antediluvian orbit of 360 days per year. The Mayans had 360 days plus 5.25 unlucky days and a 260 Tzolkin which maybe Venus' old orbital period. Babylon on the other hand followed 354 day lunar calendar and appended the 13th month every 2-3 years for intercalation. This method was employed to find an average between the solar and lunar cycles.

If our orbit had always been 365.25 days, then I think we would have seen an across the board 365.25 day calendar for all civilizations. Why put so much effort into carefull intercalation? Maybe to remember the exact moment in history when it all went wrong. Say, the 1st day of the 7th month of the 1,656th year after Adam's fall, which now translates to Sept 16th, Feast of Trumpets.

The Babylonians fixated on the moon while the Bible and Mayans focused mainely on the Vernal Equinox. This indicates that maybe the moon once had a 30 day orbit with 12 complete orbits per Earth year.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

BlueMule
This topic is very important to me and I appreciate all the expertise in this thread. I have a question for you guys. Can any of this be tied to the winter solstice lunar eclipse in 2010?

I dont support astrology, the Bible forbids it. I do however use astronomy as a time measuring tool. If any eclipse is relevant here, it will be the penumbral eclipse of 9/16/2016. This is when the Mayan calendar truely ends. The solstice of 12/21/12 was not the true ending of the Mayan calendar but the final benchmark kicking of the final 1,365 day intercalary period of the last 13 Mayan Katuns. Then when 9/16/2016 finally does arrive, there will be a 7 year count down to the End of the Age. At that point, the moon will be dragged out of orbit into full moon phase and will turn blood red as the earth wobbles like a drunk man.

More detailes here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

crowdedskies

Utnapisjtim
reply to post by crowdedskies

The basis of any magic system is to have an element of limited chance. Let's say 52 cards in a deck and a bible or for that matter 32 pieces on a chess board and a book of law or seven planets in stable orbits, a calendar together with statistics and psychology. Astrology is like the lottery. People win all the time, only not you. It's statistics. Scams really.
edit on 18-1-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

Not sure whether you are talking about magic as in Stage magician or Magic as in Occult Magic. Strange that you should place astrology in the category of scams. Presumably you see esoteric philosophy or the occult as scams too. So what is your view about the Occult generally and how Pythagoras fits in.

Do I sense a slight bitterness in your voice? Well, no need for that. Astrology is a magic system that has been copied and developed, transformed and what not into a bunch of similar magical systems. Like Tarot, chaos magic, and even sex magic. "Stage magic" as you call it, isn't really magic, they deal in illusions and entertainment. Astrology is all about applying personality to statistics, it's actually quite similar to 'Earth-religion' (en.wikipedia.org...) in that they gave personality to lightning, the Sun, Harvest etc. and with the element of statistical stability and predictability you can start giving each day, each person, each strike of the hour, every astronomical event a given personality, and you get ideas like "Jesus came from Heaven (IE his birth was predicted in the stars, astrology) down to Earth". He was an astrological concept or arch type turned human IE the magicians saw his stars in the sky over Babylon, packed their bags and went to the location to find who would best fit the suit the ancients had tailored for that day, that hour, that place.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

BELIEVERpriest

Sorry for the late reply.

No problem. Things have been a bit slow here too lately

Yes, I have often speculated that the shattering of Pangea occured at the Great Flood. I dont know if this happened quickely or over time, but I do believe that the Giza Pyramid marks our original equator. The face on Mars marks Mars' original equator, so that supports a multi-planetary disturbance.

I kinda like the expanding earth theory more than Pangea. An expanding earth could account for the "extra five days" in the ideal 360 day calendar I suppose, but I always saw Enoch's age as a calendar hint, and understood it thus that him being taken up to heaven has to do with changing from 360 to 365 day calendar

The problem is determining when the Giza Pyramid was actually built. If it was pre-flood, then its unlikely that Pangea was antediluvian, as the Giza Pyramid aligns with other ancient structures in other continents on the old equator. If its post-flood, then at least one or more of the retro-equitorial structures must have been built as post-flood memorials.

Actually, I read somewhere that originally, the Great Pyramid was covered in a mantle of white marble fused together to become 100% water proof. It has led me to believe that the Great Pyramid was an ark, designed to be a rescue against both water and fire of Harmagheddon proportions. The empty sarcofagus inside the pyramid is simply a water basin. However during lack of supply for fine rocks to build mosqs and such during the middle of the first millennium AD, these rocks were harvested and can be found all around Egypt, especially Cairo. And how many such marble blocks were there? 144,000, a funnynumber that shows up all over calendars, ancient astronomy, and mystical lore like the Apocalypse.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Yes. Enoch is a big hint; living 365 years, then being taken to heaven. Its kind of a similar principle to my understanding of the Mayan calendar. First a civil year of 360 days, then 5.25 day intercalation. The same idea applies to the Mayan baktun: 400 years of 360 days equal 144,000 days, then the leftover 400 intercalary weeks of 5.25 days are 2100 days. What's interesting is that 144,000 and 2100 are both biblical numbers. The 144,000 being from the family of 12, and the 2100 being from the family of 7, but more importantly 105. The number 105 is the basis for all of my research. When you add 144,000+2100=146,100; there is no numerical significance. Therefore, I believe Enoch's "Rapture" foreshadows the final Rapture at the intercalated end of the Mayan calendar: 9/16/2016, 1:54 pm Eastern standard time. Those 1,365 days span from the moment of solstice on 12/21/12 to the peak moment of the penumbral eclipse coming on 9/16/16.

The Giza Pyramid is a mysterious riddle. Not only does it shed light on the catastophic event that shifted our calendars, it is the one of the most obvious mathematical joints between the Bible and the Mayan calendar.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

I rather see the five and some extra days as a key to unravel the true revelation. 360 contains both base-60 and bases 10 and 12, there are also base-7 systems with 364 days equaling exactly 52 seven day weeks (like the community behind the Dead Sea scrolls), but I have to fly here, getting back to you. Gotto go.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

In my opinion, thhe "Enochian" calendar of 364 day is an inferiour calendar, and a copycat of the Hebrew meter. In the meter found in Daniel 9 (and repeated in Isaiah 53:10&11), 364 is the number of years that the Temple existed on Earth. Thats 364 of 490 year (70 weeks of years). So I think the Essenes decided to use that since its so close to the solar year, its divisible by 7, and it high-lites the Holy of Holies in the temple.

While I do believe that the book of Enoch contains elements of truth in it, I also believe there is evidence that the Essenes add inaccurate info to it. For example, the Bible hints that the four seasons started after the flood and that prior to the flood there were only 360 days. But, the Book of Enoch presents the 364 day calendar and four seasons.

The main difference between the Bible's solar calendar and the Enochian calendar is that the Bible uses 30 day months except for the last long month. The Essenes on the other hand had some months with 30 days and others with 31 days in order to .make Rosh Hashanah fall on the Autumn Equinox. This is in violation of the Torah just as the Lunar calendar is. The only important equinox is the Vernal Equinox as the starting point.

So basically the Enochian calendar is a monument to the temple and the number 7.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

BELIEVERpriest

The main difference between the Bible's solar calendar and the Enochian calendar is that the Bible uses 30 day months except for the last long month.

The Hebrew calendars I know follow the roughly 18 year Lunar-Solar Saros cycle, and add up the short years by adding an extra month before Adar turning Adar into Adar 2 and Adar 1 being the leap-month, since Purim is celebrated at the same date every year only in Adar 2 in leap-years and since Adar is always the last month of the year.

Edit: Removed the third person suffix -s to a verb here, and I came to think about how this is somewhat similar to what is perhaps the world's first typo in Genesis 1:1: "In the beginning Gods creates" (only in Hebrew of course). And it strikes me: Was the Bible originally written in LOLcatish?????
edit on 23-1-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Added "Edit"

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

The modern lunisolar calendar observed today by the Jews is not the same system used in Old Testament Israel. The book of Jubilee speaks of a change from the original calendar to a lunisolar calendar. This was a result of Babylonian captivity.

While the Book of Jubilee embraces the Essene calendar, I think its interesting that a group of Hebrews disagreed enough about the calendar that they recorded a mass abandonment of tradition. I dont quite see why the chose the 364 day model rather than the 360+5.25 day model, but the 360+5.25 day calendar has its roots in the Torah's meter where the modern lunisolar calendar is rooted superficially in mistranslation.

Look all you want in the Bible, you will never find the 13th intercalary month required by the lunisolar model. Nor will you find the staggering of 30 to 31 day months as proposed by the Essenes.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

The old Hebrews had a tendency to add one or take one away. Especially with calendars and the ever elusive Name of God. Just saying.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Only a small point I want to raise as I read your post. Perhaps if one takes the 365 to actually mean the times a new moon was registered we actually get down to a much more realistic age for people. I think enoch actually becomes 28 years old.

Its only a thought because during Enoch's society was matriachial and people were attuned to the moon, not so much the sun. Again only a thought, but it makes for better reality on this planet with its dangers that were around in Enoch's time.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

It would make sense that Adam became 72 years and not 930 years, if they really saw one month as a year, and didn't need or know to extend the year for seasons and the zodiac. Kinda makes sense.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Does the phrase 'Enochian Island' mean anything to any of you guys?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Refering to the Book of Enoch means refering to a certain messianic Jewish sect that existed a few hundred years BC. The booke in question wasn't written by Enoch, but dedicated or impersonated to him. Enochian to me refers to a more modern type of majick or more precicely the language enochian which is central in Crowlean majick. Thought I should leave a note about that earlier.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

It means nothing to me but I googled it and merely came up with a band called Enochian Island.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Shiloh7

It means nothing to me but I googled it and merely came up with a band called Enochian Island.

Yeah I found that too but I doubt that's what they were referring to. See I was traveling the imaginal realm (specifically, the Undying lands) a couple of weeks ago and I overheard someone say that travelers from the Enochian Island had arrived. I looked and saw a couple of figures suddenly appear. I looked for the Island and thought I saw it on the inside of the sphere that surrounded the Undying lands. As if the Undying lands were at the center of a Dyson sphere or ring.

Anyway, I just thought I'd ask.

edit on 23-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Is it a time warp or a state of Hell or Bliss? Never heared of it, but the such concept feeds imagination. A bubble or an armory, a quantum state or an extension of some developed status quo perhaps. Appart from that I'd look to Crowley for answers. Could very well be a concept of his. Mmm... Zombies?
edit on 23-1-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Zombies?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Perhaps "Enochian Island" is a reference to the antediluvian pangean continent. Genesis says that at one point, there was one continent and one ocean. Just a thought. If that is the case, then the travelers you are refering to maybe the "bene ha elohim" or fallen angels.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Where did you find that translation?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join