It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precession of the equinox?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

Actually, if the Great pyramd were to be flattened, it would make the shape of a maltese cross. Its sides have indentions that represent the curvature of the earth. You can make them out on the great pyramid in your image.

The pyramid has 4 shafts. The first two meet at a symmetrical mid-point inside the pyramid and presently point towards orion and ursa minor (if im not mistaken). The second set of shafts which originate from a lower level are off set by about 23 degrees. The same as our axis. These two shafts point towards sirius and draconis. Out of the four visible star systems, the only one that does not change is Sirius.

I think the pyramd is accusing sirius for tilting the axis. I dont know what the other three shafts are for other than showing the pattern of change over time. The location of the pyramid is on the equator if our axis were to be upright. The face on Mars is also built on its pre-tilt equator as well. It seems that the geometry unanimously points to Sirius.

What do you know about the pleades? Is it possible that Sol and Sirius both orbit Alcyone of the Pleades system? I find the mention of " the sweet influence of pleades" in the book of Job to be anomolous.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

BELIEVERpriest

Actually, if the Great pyramd were to be flattened, it would make the shape of a maltese cross. Its sides have indentions that represent the curvature of the earth. You can make them out on the great pyramid in your image.

Indeed

The pyramid has 4 shafts. The first two meet at a symmetrical mid-point inside the pyramid and presently point towards orion and ursa minor (if im not mistaken). The second set of shafts which originate from a lower level are off set by about 23 degrees. The same as our axis. These two shafts point towards sirius and draconis. Out of the four visible star systems, the only one that does not change is Sirius.

Contrary to popular belief, the shafts are not straight, and they donot go all the way through to the outer "wall". If I remember correctly, two of them make a turn midway and the three main shafts and with a door of some sort. Apparently they sent a robot up that drilled a hole in the door and sent in a fiber camera, it was a hidden chamber, but that's all that have been known. I once saw pictures of the chamber, which looked empty from the sperspective of the camera, but it didn't show the whole room. When they first discovered the shafts, they also found stuff that had been inside the shafts since ancient times. A stick, a stone ball and a bronze hook of some sort, I believe.

I think the pyramd is accusing sirius for tilting the axis. I dont know what the other three shafts are for other than showing the pattern of change over time. The location of the pyramid is on the equator if our axis were to be upright. The face on Mars is also built on its pre-tilt equator as well. It seems that the geometry unanimously points to Sirius.

I'm not so sure…

What do you know about the pleades? Is it possible that Sol and Sirius both orbit Alcyone of the Pleades system? I find the mention of " the sweet influence of pleades" in the book of Job to be anomolous.

There is a funny thing with the Pleades. All over the world it is refered to as "the seven sisters" or seven this or seven that. The only problem is that you'd need a telescope to see all seven stars in the constellation, only six are visible to the naked eye. The Pleades is central in many old religions. Quite a bit of lore spun around the faint, near invisible constellation as far as I know. Something to look into I suppose.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Thats interesting, to the Great pyramid alone doesnt highlight any constellations. I do find it interesting, however, that the yearely flooding of the Nile is associated with sirius. It cant be the result of the moon, because any given luni-solar alignment only occurs every 19 years.

I dont know if you're into electric universe or plasma cosmology, but if sirius is indeed our twin sun, then it would be logicall to assume that sirius would have both tidal and spin-liquid magnetic influences on our planet. Similar it Jupiter's 11 year influence on our climate.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

BELIEVERpriest

Thats interesting, to the Great pyramid alone doesnt highlight any constellations. I do find it interesting, however, that the yearely flooding of the Nile is associated with sirius. It cant be the result of the moon, because any given luni-solar alignment only occurs every 19 years.

Hehe, then like now, the annual flooding of the Nile was amplified by elaborate engeneering on behalf of the Egyptians. Intricate dam systems allowing the Egyptians to control the water level of the Nile. Which reminds me I have to write an Exodus post about this. The Ankh was called the Key of the Nile, and was infact a real key used to open and close the gates of the Nile.

I dont know if you're into electric universe or plasma cosmology, but if sirius is indeed our twin sun, then it would be logicall to assume that sirius would have both tidal and spin-liquid magnetic influences on our planet. Similar it Jupiter's 11 year influence on our climate.

I suppose Sirius could have tidal influence if our twin star speculation has some truth in it. As for the natural part of the annual Nile flooding. You see similar cycles throughout Africa. It's part of our seasonal cycle due to our Axis being tilted, and of course Earth spin and orbit, the Moon and so on.

en.wikipedia.org...
mygeologypage.ucdavis.edu...
news.xinhuanet.com...
www.waterencyclopedia.com...

edit on 9-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: Answered question + typo

edit on 9-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: syntax

edit on 9-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: Links

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Consider this.
Northern summer occures at the furthest point from the sun and near the closest point towards sirius. If the sun's tidal force were responsible for the Nile's flooding, it would occur during the north hemisphere's winter, when the earth is closest to the sun. If the moon was responsible for the Nile's flooding, the flooding would only line up with the helialical rise of sirius alternating evey 8 and 11 years (per the metonic cycle).

There is a force here that hasnt been accounted for by Big Astronomy. If sirius happens to be our twin sun, then plasma cosmology dictates that it is directly connected to our sun via birkeland currents. Nasa has already confirmed that all planets within our solar system are interconnected with the sun via a network of birkeland currents.

www.nasa.gov...

Notice that when Jupiter is closest to the sun, it current line is shortened. This causes Jupiter to draw more current from the sun, making it less abundant on earth resulting in colder winters and a change in sun spot production. The opposite is true when jupiter is furthest from the sun. This accounts for the 11 year maximum and minimum cycle of the sun.

What are the possible impications?

Maybe sirius isnt as far from earth as we like to think it is...granting it more influence on our solar system than we as a species would like to admit. Red shift and paralax are not sufficient to judge distance in an electro-magnetic environment.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

Thugh an interesting read, I believe the annual flooding of the Nile is due to the monsoon or rainy season in the sub-Saharian Africa, since the source of the Nile is in that area, Egypt is also affected.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I guess Ive hit a dead end. Im thinking about starting a Sirius thread to see how much info I can draw in.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Yeah, I would love a serious Sirius thread indeed. Keep up the good work!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I was just watching a documentary about the Earth and they spoke about Pangea, and I came to think that tectonic shift may perhaps explain some of the precession movement or part of the final equation? What's your take on that?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Astrology refers to each 2000 years as different ages. In the sixties we were talking about the dawning of the age of Aquarius. We were effecrively moving backwards from the Age of Pisces to Age of Aquarius. As you say it goes on approximately every 2000 years.

Pisces was the age of devotion( to a God ); fear of God etc. Now we have entered the Aquarian age of technology and taking responsibility for our action (rather than worshiping a deity).

In 2000 years approximately we will move into the Age of Capricorn. Anyone with some basic knowledge of astrology can guess what it will be like.

For Astrologers , this is a well established concept.

edit on 14-1-2014 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

crowdedskies

Astrology refers to each 2000 years as different ages. In the sixties we were talking about the dawning of the age of Aquarius. We were effecrively moving backwards from the Age of Pisces to Age of Aquarius. As you say it goes on approximately every 2000 years.

Pisces was the age of devotion( to a God ); fear of God etc. Now we have entered the Aquarian age of technology and taking responsibility for our action (rather than worshiping a deity).

In 2000 years approximately we will move into the Age of Capricorn. Anyone with some basic knowledge of astrology can guess what it will be like.

I agree that we have mede the transition into the Age of Aquarius. However, it's not as easy as to simply look around and see the social impact or that technology is peaking etc. Most important is the physical, backward movement of the Sun at spring equinox. In a couple of months, on March 21st, the Sun will still rise in Pisces:

However, Pisces is a much bigger constellation compared to Aquarius or Saggitarius. So it comes down to how you draw the 12 30°sectors or houses. The Sun is about 7 degrees short of physically crossing the border of the next constellation. But like I said, Pisces is physically bigger in the sky and the limits of the costellations in the sky doesnot echo the walls of the astrological houses. Infact I see astrology itself as the greatest factor slowing down the process, since they are more concerned with peoples love affairs and economy, rather than bringing the new age forward, and paving the way for calibrating the star signs to our current stage in the age, thus turning the whole Zodiak to match astronomical time. Hence Aquarius should be around where Pisces is today, ending a few days after the equinox.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Utnapisjtim

crowdedskies

I agree that we have mede the transition into the Age of Aquarius. However, it's not as easy as to simply look around and see the social impact or that technology is peaking etc. Most important is the physical, backward movement of the Sun at spring equinox. In a couple of months, on March 21st, the Sun will still rise in Pisces:

However, Pisces is a much bigger constellation compared to Aquarius or Saggitarius. So it comes down to how you draw the 12 30°sectors or houses. The Sun is about 7 degrees short of physically crossing the border of the next constellation. But like I said, Pisces is physically bigger in the sky and the limits of the costellations in the sky doesnot echo the walls of the astrological houses. Infact I see astrology itself as the greatest factor slowing down the process, since they are more concerned with peoples love affairs and economy, rather than bringing the new age forward, and paving the way for calibrating the star signs to our current stage in the age, thus turning the whole Zodiak to match astronomical time. Hence Aquarius should be around where Pisces is today, ending a few days after the equinox.

This is a continuing argument against astrologers but they are not too worried about it. I have studied astrology since I was in my teens and I understand the symbology. The precession of the equinoxes does not change anything.

Then there are Sidereal astrologers who depart from the western system (called Tropical astrology) and make the correction which you refer to. For me both system will give the same result.

There is currently a thread in which I am participating and also another astrologer (he takes into account the precession of the equinox and calibrates as you say) . I will not discuss here the symbology in astrology except to say horoscopes in newspapers have given astrologers a bad name.

Just to clarify, Western astrology looks at the space behind the constellation and not the constellation itself. No constellation ever ressembles the animals or sign it is suppose to represent. That should be a clue.

edit on 15-1-2014 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

crowdedskies
This is a continuing argument against astrologers but they are not too worried about it. I have studied astrology since I was in my teens and I understand the symbology. The precession of the equinoxes does not change anything.

As far as I'm concerned, the concept called 'precesion of the equinox' has it's origin in astrology, but the last couple of millennia astrologers haven't calibrated the calendar to the astronomical backdrop of stars and constellations. In roughly 2000 years we will see the Sun rising in either Aquarius or Saggitarius at spring equinox, given the observations are indeed correct. Spring will start off earlier and earlier. For all I know the main reasons behind the climate changes we see in the world is due to the Sun and the precession. Humanmade CO2 is a marginal factor. Water vapor is a much more effective greenhouse gas, but that's a whole other discussion, not one I'm ready to take now.

Look again at the night sky I posted, note that at spring equinox the Sun now rises at 30°. Each house spans over 30°, so if the whole precession-thing is real phenomena, we are exactly at the turningpoint into the Age of Aquarius.

Then there are Sidereal astrologers who depart from the western system (called Tropical astrology) and make the correction which you refer to. For me both system will give the same result.

There is currently a thread in which I am participating and also another astrologer (he takes into account the precession of the equinox and calibrates as you say) . I will not discuss here the symbology in astrology except to say horoscopes in newspapers have given astrologers a bad name.

The origin of the word Magic is the Greek word Magi which simply means Astrologer. Magic is the "science" of maing things transform by will. If people believe in magic, it works, just the same thing with 'social' or 'personality' astrology, it works if people live by the advises given and adapt to the different arch-types the system is spun around. It's just like with hypnosis, it doesn't work that well if the object doesn't believe in it. It's just an intricate way of saying Monday's blue and Sunday always comes to late.

Just to clarify, Western astrology looks at the space behind the constellation and not the constellation itself. No constellation ever ressembles the animals or sign it is suppose to represent. That should be a clue.

Indeed. Pisces looks like a rider on a horse if anything. I love to sit and draw my own constellations. I have quite a few.
edit on 16-1-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Added part about 30°

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

crowdedskies

In the book of Revelation this transition from Pisces into Aquarius is given by birth of the new Christ symbolic of the new age, followed by the Dragon spewing water (element of Pisces) after the fleeing woman who gets eagle wings (air is the element of Aquarius) and manages to get away to her hideout. In classical astrology, Saturn is the ruler of Aquarius (has been changed into Uranus in modern astrology), his day is Saturday, Sabbath, symbolically the Millennium Shabbath, since one day for God is 1000 years for Man, element is like I said, air and it is a fixed, masculine sign.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This topic is very important to me and I appreciate all the expertise in this thread. I have a question for you guys. Can any of this be tied to the winter solstice lunar eclipse in 2010?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

BlueMule
Can any of this be tied to the winter solstice lunar eclipse in 2010?

Not at all. The precession reflects either a rotation of our entire solar system, or the rotation of the Earth axis (depending on who you're listening to) making it such that the backdrop of stars moves counter clockwise compared to the Sun and at a much slower speed, about 1° in 72 years, giving an astrological age to be 2,160 years long (30° x 72yrs), since the whole zodiac is divided into twelve astrological "houses", each measuring 30° of the horizon (total: 360°) or 1/12th of the whole zodiac. A whole Great Cycle is thus 2,160 x 12 = 25,920 years. However these are rough estimates made to be easy to remember.

A lunar ecclipse is a whole different phenomena and happens roughly twice each year and can be precicely predicted using the Saros, a period of roughly 18 years, much the same system the Hebrew calendar is based upon:

The saros Listeni/ˈsɛərɒs/ is a period of 223 synodic months (approximately 6585.3213 days, or 18 years and 11⅓ days), that can be used to predict eclipses of the Sun and Moon. One saros after an eclipse, the Sun, Earth, and Moon return to approximately the same relative geometry, and a nearly identical eclipse will occur, in what is referred to as an eclipse cycle. A sar is one half of a saros.
Fixed Wikipedia link

and further:

The saros, a period of 6585.322 days (14 common years + 4 leap years + 11.322 days, or 13 common years + 5 leap years + 10.322 days), is useful for predicting the times at which nearly identical eclipses will occur, and derives from three periodicities of the lunar orbit: the synodic month, the draconic month, and the anomalistic month. For an eclipse to occur, either the Moon must be located between the Earth and Sun (for a solar eclipse) or the Earth must be located between the Sun and Moon (for a lunar eclipse). This can happen only when the Moon is new or full, respectively, and repeat occurrences of these lunar phases are controlled by the Moon's synodic period, which is about 29.53 days.
Fixed Wikipedia link

Here is a list of Saros series for lunar ecclipses:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-1-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Fixed the first Wiki link

edit on 17-1-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: typo

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Thanks much. Do you find any synchronicity at all in the 2010 solstice lunar eclipse? Sorry if its a bit off-topic.

In addition to the coincidence of the Eclipse/Solstice falling on a '3 + 3 + 3 = 9' date, the total eclipse lasted 72 minutes. 72 is not only a multiple of both 9 and 12, it is also the number of years in one degree of the 25,920 year Precession of the Equinoxes. 72 minutes equals 4,320 seconds. This is interesting because in Vedic India the basic unit for measuring out the Precession and larger cycles of evolution was the Yuga equaling 432,000 seconds of degrees of celestial arc (i.e. one third of the 360 degree Precession) according to Patrizia Norelli-Bachelet.

circumsolatious.blogspot.com...

edit on 17-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

BlueMule

Thanks much. Do you find any synchronicity at all in the 2010 solstice lunar eclipse? Sorry if its a bit off-topic.

Lunar ecclipses occur frequently (about twice every year), I don't see much being special with the one that happened on winter solsice, other than that it made the darkest night of the year even darker for a few minutes. It's a coincidence (though a foreseeable one) that would have happened sooner or later anyway.

In general, there is however a great deal of synchronicity in the lunar and solar cycles seen as one, like there is synchronicity between gears in a clockwork:

After a given lunar or solar eclipse, after 9 years and 5.5 days (a half saros) an eclipse will occur that is lunar instead of solar, or vice versa, with similar properties. For example if the moon's penumbra partially covers the southern limb of the earth during a solar eclipse, 9 years and 5.5 days later a lunar eclipse will occur in which the moon is partially covered by the southern limb of the earth's penumbra. Likewise, 9 years and 5.5 days after a total solar eclipse occurs, a total lunar eclipse will also occur. This 9 year period is referred to as a sar. It includes 111.5 synodic months, or 111 synodic months plus one fortnight. The fortnight accounts for the alternation between solar and lunar eclipse.
Link to Wikipedia

The numbers involved in the orbits of the planets and moons in our solar system are hints of the divine imho. Can go limbo for less

edit on 17-1-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Added link and being more specific in the last line

edit on 17-1-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: typo

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim

The origin of the word Magic is the Greek word Magi which simply means Astrologer. Magic is the "science" of maing things transform by will. If people believe in magic, it works, just the same thing with 'social' or 'personality' astrology, it works if people live by the advises given and adapt to the different arch-types the system is spun around. It's just like with hypnosis, it doesn't work that well if the object doesn't believe in it. It's just an intricate way of saying Monday's blue and Sunday always comes to late.

I would not agree with what you are saying about the "social" and "personality" side of astrology.

Astrology is based on the concept of As above So below.The same music that the planets are playing is repeating within the psyche of individuals.Pythagoras would have no problem understanding this. The movements of the planets correlates with "everything" - psychological of physical. The same music of the planets plays in the individual's psyche. If astrologers want to convert this into urges and states of mind, that will always be fine by me.

I can understand your dislike of the cheap newspaper horoscope but astrologers should not be tainted by it

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

Well, astrology is a magic system, and magic works, it's about changing cognitive behaviour of large groups within a chaos system, thus producing predictability. There is a saying that goes: "If you want to win, bet on all the horses". And that's what astrology is all about. Believers in astrology fill their moulds to ironic proportions, turning it all into a self-fulfilling, self-confirming system of predictability. The basis of any magic system is to have an element of limited chance. Let's say 52 cards in a deck and a bible or for that matter 32 pieces on a chess board and a book of law or seven planets in stable orbits, a calendar together with statistics and psychology. Astrology is like the lottery. People win all the time, only not you. It's statistics. Scams really.
edit on 18-1-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join