It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I know I got a warning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
For some random reason today I decided to check my private messages.

Noting beforehand that this box was still grey and not highlighted...

...I selected it anyway thinking that I would have no new messages.
How wrong I was.
So, is that the way ATS works? That the message notification doesnt actually highlight to tell you that you've got a message? Does it not work at all?

Anyway, turns out I had a WARNING from a moderator.
Its a long running thread so I have no idea at all when I got it because the date does not display properly...

So... whats the point of not telling a user that they've been warned, and even if they do find out accidentally, not telling them when it was or when the 72 hour limit will expire?

And of course the warning carefully avoids telling you what you're actually being warned about.

I'm somewhat reminded of Arthur Dent's encounter with his local planning office.

edit on amWednesdayfam1 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

There's an occasional glitch in the matrix where U2U notifications don't come through. It's been passed on, as it's happened since the last ATS iteration. Generally if you have a post removed it's a good idea to check your messages, whether the notification lights up or not. Not all removals give warnings, but it's a good idea to check, until the glitch can be fixed.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I have had the same thing happen to me.

One message was a MOD telling me that a post I made over THREE years ago was off topic.

Only found it by clicking on the UN-highlighted envelope.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Another way:

If the sender of the pm goes to their outbox to check what they had written before the recipient opens it, the pm will show as being read.

But, as was stated above, there is a glitch in the system that has been identified and will hopefully be rectified soon.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I've had that too.

I just assumed the mod was being sneaky and reading their warning to me, thus disengaging the "new" alert.

but... I've never even seen that name in your u2u there ... ever ever ever. Oo

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Its a long running thread so I have no idea at all when I got it because the date does not display properly…

Here's how to fix your date problem:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Wise and honourable Confucious, he say

"The best way to avoid missing a warning from a moderator, is to not do anything contrary to the T&C as that way, no warnings will be issued"

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Last time I got warned a boxing glove came out of my computer screen and slapped my PP it was pretty embarrasing glad my webcam wasnt on!!!

Seriously I cant say about being warned but I got the surprise that when I had an archived message in my inbox deleted I had to go in the mail box that was not lit to find this archived message to discover my whole inbox was wiped along with 4 messages of friends that were almost a month old I was puzzled as well

new topics

top topics

join