It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smiley faces and their background colors misaligned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I posted about this ages ago in the general thread for bugs with the new ats design. I still see the same thing months later. Also, I haven't seen anyone else mention this problem so I wonder if it's just me. It's really obvious, so if other people have it they surely would notice.

I personally like the smiley faces, and how they can change color depending on the site theme one uses. But with the alignment issue they just look crazy. I have pictures to show what I mean better.

For what it's worth, I am using ubuntu 12.04 and firefox version 25.0.1

Also...interestingly, I tried chromium version 30.0.1599.114 just to test the smiley face thing, and chromium had the same problem only not quite as bad. The background color of the faces is still quite a bit lower than the face itself, but less so than firefox is.

Here's a screen shot

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dave0davidson

I have the same thing happening across all my browsers in varying degrees. I don't like the smiley's though, so I don't use them either way. But it'd be nice to see them at least aligned seeing we have to look at them when posting.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
yeah I have the same problem I'm running fedora and firefox.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I have this as well using IE9, though with FireFox and Chrome they all line up. But since I don't use them anymore since the switch, I ignore them.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
oh man, I thought they were supposed to look that way.

must be gettin' old.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I thought that the misalignment was deliberate.....some overpaid professionals idea of a good thing....ats management got ripped off if they paid money for this new arrangement....the smilies look like zombie rejects.

some one high-up thought they looked good

I won't use them cause the're ugly....

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Mine is the same, but the Green blob sticks out above the smiley face. I would do a screen shot if I knew how!!!
Mmmm, how do I do a sceen shot?.......please.
edit on 4-12-2013 by Ranong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Kind of on topic--that issue doesn't happen to me, BUT also a long time ago in that thread you mentioned I thought they said they were working on new emoticons.

Honestly I can't tell what the heck most of these current ones are even trying to express. Did the re-working of them get scrapped?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I've never seen this problem before.

I certainly cant replicate it. Various browsers across both android and windows xp/7 & 8, firefox, chrome and ie.

Haha people don't use the emotes because they don't know what they mean. Aspergers...

I'm going to scream at people "WHAT DO YOU MEAN???" if they smile at me from now on.

lmao

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Yeah same problem here
I wont use them that much anymore I really miss our old ones..... like a lot..... I miss the old ones..... (hint hint moderators) I REALLY MISS OUR OLD SMILEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join