It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Caught Lying About His Uncle... Again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:
(post by kazanoom removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

Yup like I said this president has lied. All presidents lie, all politicians for that matter lie. That fact doesn't give anyone the right to lie about him telling another lie...dig it?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I completely agree. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of those who get worked up about a supposed lie this president allegedly made when they backed another president who did the same and probably worse. But you are completely right 100%!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I will hit the google. But you have to admit there was nowhere close to this type of reaction to Bush Jr and Iraq...perhaps on MSNBC but I venture to say that you didn't hear much of it on FOX, Drudge, Breitbart or from most other conservative pundits if at all.

I will double check my facts though and if I am in fact wrong I'll tuck my tail and admit it.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Even Jimmy Carter had to answer for his sorry drunk of a brother Billy. ( I have a full can of BIlly Beer!)
No reason Obama shouldn't have to do the same.
If the Dashiki fits - wear it.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It is so out of control but yet It really doesn't matter...

The young college brainwashed global warmists, the free phonists, the unionists, the government workists, the Disabilityists, the NBC,CBS,MSNBC,ABC,MileyC, Kardashion,WeatherChannel, watching tv viewists, any Newspaper readingists, and the rest of the controlled mainstream media, .....

They are so far gone even when the truth is slapping them in the face with the Messiah just giving it to them from the front side and the back side.... (hint, get that one?!), (oh, thats right, you don't believe that also!)

And they are all taking it like Champs from both ends!

Ya Gotta Laugh at the Idiots. Its sad that O take all the ignorant for the fools they are.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

moresco
reply to post by network dude

I will hit the google. But you have to admit there was nowhere close to this type of reaction to Bush Jr and Iraq...perhaps on MSNBC but I venture to say that you didn't hear much of it on FOX, Drudge, Breitbart or from most other conservative pundits if at all.

I will double check my facts though and if I am in fact wrong I'll tuck my tail and admit it.

No, I agree. But ask them now with hindsight and many will tell you they were wrong about the Patriot Act, it was too much authority and they should have known it was destined for permanency. Ask them about DHS and they will say they should have known it was going to evolve into 1.6 billion rounds of hollow points and a thousand armored vehicle domestic army.

People have woken up to the lies of Bush and his false pretenses for NSA wire taps and data collection. I would think you would rejoice and celebrate the awakening of people. Instead, you are doing EXACTLY what they did in 2004, clamoring on and on about why it's not really a lie and that while you know your guy lies he only has well intentions.

That's the same line of thinking the Bushies spewed, only this time, it's you having truth stuck in your face and clinging to a blind hope.

Those who say all politicians lie, you are vastly right to a mjor degree! But instead of excusing the liars, hold them accountable and stop supporting them. We are a strong people and we deserve the truth! It's about respect. When you lie to those who employ you, you get fired! It's about integrity and it matters just as much now as it did in 2005, what has happened since then that the many who didn't support Bush because he was an obvious liar now have the next obvious liars back? Obviously liars don't bother you today, what changed? Why do you support an obvious liar when just ten years ago you despised liars?

If it takes us to vote 1000 politicians in and right out of office before we find an honest one, that's EXACTLY what we should do!

And for the last time, Bush and Obama are of the exact same ilk. Neither is conservative and neither is liberal. Calling Obama liberal is incredibly naive when you actually look up the definition. Liberal means you let the people assume liberty! Progressive and liberal are diametrically opposed philosophies and yet Obama claims both! And guess what, Bush did the EXACT same thing.

Name one policy decision other than healthcare, and I think if Bush could have had the tongue to sell it to the people he certainly would have done the exact same bill, that you believe Obama has done differently than Bush?

Afghanistan? Still there.
Patriot Act? While candidate Obama said he disagreed with the Patriot Act one of the first things he did in office was not only strengthen it, he made it permanent so the people wouldn't be reminded that it was sold to the people as temporary. Very Cheney move.

Iran? Bush had the same opportunity to disarm North Korea as Obama has with Iran. Under Bush North Korea got a bomb, and Obama is doing the exact same strategy with Iran. That situation is so completely identical it's mind boggling.

Immigration? Obama is pushing for the same immigration bill that Bush tried to pass in 2007!

NSA? Oh yeah, Cheney's influence must be that of Darth Vador's because I can see no daylight between Obama's NSA and Cheneys...

Benghazi? The Bush administration would have handled it the same way as Obama's though I think Rumsfeld would have sold the "what does it matter at this point?" line better than Clinton; but does Rumsfeld acting prowess trumping Hilary's really matter all that much?

The bail outs for the rich? Bush put that on a tee, with then Senator Obama's vote, for Obama to inherit and again, strengthen, with a second, and then third round of bailouts for the rich!

They are the same. The vocal prods with which they stir the masses are different, but the policies are identical and neither subscribes to the people's real positions; they simply lie and tell us their new rules, laws, regulations, taxes, and social programs are inline with the people's mindset.

I thought the Bush supporters were bad, but the Obama supporters had 8 years of the exact same type of governance to wake them up too. They are not Hamilton vs. Jefferson, or even Kennedy vs Nixon. They are Hogan vs. Macho Man.

Wake up and stop advocating support for these men. Supporting Obama is the same thing as supporting Bush.

edit on 5-12-2013 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

colddeadhands
I did not say the United states. I simply stated that our society was a democracy. ie: we have the opportunity to choose things by taking a vote.

Wrong again.

We are a Democratic Republic, not a democracy. There's a difference. We have the ability to elect representatives to vote on our behalf. We elect politicians based on their philosophy; and they write and vote on the laws. In a democracy people not only vote on the laws, they write them.

For instance, if we were a democracy, the people would have written and voted for or against Obamacare, instead our elected representatives actually cast the votes; not the people. Our society is designed that the people, being morally good and engaged in political affairs, are wise and independent enough to elect representatives that will guard their independence and liberty while providing only the essential amount governance needed for the people to work, trade, reside, and pursue a decent life. Time after time societies falter and are then forced into subjugation and serfdom. The American experiment was designed on a philosophy that the people could guard themselves by staying vigilante and engaged from such an encroachment of a central authority. A republic with democratically elected representatives to govern on the people's behalf that they will protect each individuals right of speech, right to arms, freedom from domestic entrenched armies, right of privacy, right of private property, right of fair and speedy trials where the accused has a public hearing, freedom from unjust treatment, fines, and penalties, and finally that any rights not outlined in this agreement between the representatives and the people will fall to each state or directly upon each individual in the state if a state so chooses. That is the role of government; when government steps outside that role, history shows it always ends in tyranny. It is the lessons of history that constitutes the agreement between the people and the representatives of our republic.

I laugh when people say the constitution is outdated because it's over two hundred years old. The constitution isn't two hundred years old, it's thousands of years old! It's philosophy is timeless. It's Plato, Socrates, Machiavelli, Hobbes, Locke, Montesquieu, and last but not least Rousseau. The problem is that people know dates and names; the meaning, the actual philosophy, is absolutely foreign to them. The words individualism, liberalism, conservatism, independence, liberty, republic, freedom and welfare have all been broken down into an abstract amalgamation that is the word "democracy" that means nothing. It takes comprehension and an understanding of history and the rise and fall of benevolents and tyrants to fully grasp the inspiration that constitutes not only our bond with our representatives, but also constitutes our dealings with each other. It requires discipline and morality; goodness and truth in the people. Unfortunately we have ceded the teaching of that philosophy, the understanding of the difference between liberalism and interventionism over to the very authority history warns us to be constantly skeptical of...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Maybe if Obama had not lied so much about other things, then people would not be so quick to doubt any real truths that exist about him.

Also, just because other politicians lie, doesn't make it okay for Obama to lie too. That's just a cop out. I think many people who voted for him, held him to a higher standard than Bush, and expected so much more from him based on his campaign of 2008. It's only natural for people to be upset only to find out that Obama is just the same wolf in sheep's clothing.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
In Soviet Bloc espionage, the target, many times after the hook is set, is introduced to 'Uncle Sasha', or some such. With Obama being such a Communist sympathizer, he may well be talking about a Soviet handler, or even, a uncle of his supposed father, Frank Marshall Davis, an avowed Communist who lived in both Chicago and Hawaii.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

buster2010
The op is wrong Obama did have an uncle in the Army but he helped liberate Ohrdruf not Auschwitz. Here's a pic of him with Obama.

People do seem to forget Obama had *TWO* sides to his family and a full boat on both. One side 100% white and American in heritage and the other, Black and African/Kenyan by heritage. It amazes me how consistently people forget all about that whole white half of his family through his mother.
edit on 4-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

and then people on the "right", wonder why anybody on the left should "try and defend this president"....why would the left even waste their time doing that?...maybe it's because the people on the left don't even pay attention to what the right says after 5 full years of this crap. the left already know what the right is going to say, and how they are going to say it, it never changes....."Obama is bad at everything and for everybody" is the mantra of the GOP

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
And the pro-Union liberal mantra is "Obama good, give me more things...but you pay for them"...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

daveinats
In Soviet Bloc espionage, the target, many times after the hook is set, is introduced to 'Uncle Sasha', or some such. With Obama being such a Communist sympathizer, he may well be talking about a Soviet handler, or even, a uncle of his supposed father, Frank Marshall Davis, an avowed Communist who lived in both Chicago and Hawaii.

oh c'mon...you can do better than that!...how about...uhmm...Obama is directly connected to the KGB, and uh...he has a plan to put all right-wingers in fema camps...and uh....he has 5 secret wives in Kenya...and uh...he hates all white southerners....c'mon, time to up your game there, really pump it up.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

daveinats
And the pro-Union liberal mantra is "Obama good, give me more things...but you pay for them"...

so if you have to pay a union worker to do a job....that's what?...bad?....why don't you move to Bangladesh where you can pay people 30 to 40 dollars a month to work full time for you, since you don't want to "give them more things"...although...you might want to set aside some money for there, in regards to your own personal security.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

and then people on the "right", wonder why anybody on the left should "try and defend this president"....why would the left even waste their time doing that?...maybe it's because the people on the left don't even pay attention to what the right says after 5 full years of this crap.

I'm really sorry to see how many folks are still hung up in the Right/Left paradigm. I think it stopped being about that, and with Obama as a specific case, quite some time ago. I'm conservative, so I'm not quite unbiased for world view...but a good number of true blue democrats I know in RL have no use for the man at this point either. I really can't think of anyone I do know who still defends him or his policies after so much has happened and gone wrong. Particularly over the past 12-18 months.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

GenerationGap
We are a Democratic Republic, not a democracy. There's a difference.

A democratic republic is still a form of democracy. The whole concept of democracy isn't very well defined, and in it's loosest sense is just voting for your leaders. The USA is a representative democracy (wiki):

Representative democracy (also indirect democracy) is a variety of democracy founded on the principle of elected officials representing a group of people, as opposed to direct democracy.[1] All modern Western-style democracies are types of representative democracies; for example, the United Kingdom is a constitutional monarchy and Poland is a parliamentary republic.

If you are going to pedantically pick people's posts apart, then at least get it right.

In a democracy people not only vote on the laws, they write them.

In what country does this happen?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
UPDATE

www.boston.com...

President Obama acknowledged on Thursday that he lived with his Kenyan uncle for a brief period in the 1980s while preparing to attend Harvard Law School, contradicting a statement more than a year ago that the White House had no record of the two ever meeting.

“The president first met Omar Obama when he moved to Cambridge for law school,” said White House spokesman Eric Schultz. “The president did stay with him for a brief period of time until his apartment was ready. After that, they saw each other once every few months, but after law school they fell out of touch. The president has not seen him in 20 years, has not spoken with him in 10.”

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

FatherLukeDuke

GenerationGap
We are a Democratic Republic, not a democracy. There's a difference.

A democratic republic is still a form of democracy. The whole concept of democracy isn't very well defined, and in it's loosest sense is just voting for your leaders. The USA is a representative democracy (wiki):

Representative democracy (also indirect democracy) is a variety of democracy founded on the principle of elected officials representing a group of people, as opposed to direct democracy.[1] All modern Western-style democracies are types of representative democracies; for example, the United Kingdom is a constitutional monarchy and Poland is a parliamentary republic.

If you are going to pedantically pick people's posts apart, then at least get it right.

In a democracy people not only vote on the laws, they write them.

In what country does this happen?

The Vikings come to mind immediately for me; but they are no longer around to actually describe their form of government intricately.

Here's a discussion that may interst you:
forums.civfanatics.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

A bit of the hair of the dog that bit me.

The White House on Thursday admitted fabricating an earlier claim that President Obama had never met his Kenyan uncle, Onyango “Omar” Obama.

Approximately 3 years ago, as Uncle Omar was fighting deportation following a DUI charge, the White House asserted to The Boston Globe without any apparent qualification that Onyango Obama “has never met his famous nephew.”

That statement was untrue.

White House admits fabricating story about Obama meeting his uncle

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

xuenchen

A bit of the hair of the dog that bit me.

The White House on Thursday admitted fabricating an earlier claim that President Obama had never met his Kenyan uncle, Onyango “Omar” Obama.

Approximately 3 years ago, as Uncle Omar was fighting deportation following a DUI charge, the White House asserted to The Boston Globe without any apparent qualification that Onyango Obama “has never met his famous nephew.”

That statement was untrue.

White House admits fabricating story about Obama meeting his uncle

Well, at least Obama didn't continue the lie. Had he not come clean there could have been perjury charges against his uncle. At least he displayed some sense of morality by not putting two innocent men behind bars to cover his lie.

Speaking of which, has the guy who took the fall for the administration's youtube video lie get out of jail yet?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join