learn more

I am disenfranchised.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

nixie_nox
Disenfranchised with what, exactly? Just being annoyed at "everything" just means you are either depressed a very negative person.

What a vague thread.

edit on 4-12-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

How about Deprived, is that a simpler word to use for understanding?

I don't know about you, But I sure as hell feel sold a bill of goods.

I want the America that I was promised growing up.

You know, the one they sold us in schools all our lives, the one that our politicians told us we were, the one that companies marketed and sold us.

So how about that, I feel DEPRIVED of the America I was promised.

Since Disenfranchised was a word to large, and a concept to vague for you.

ETA: I got the ops point from the start, so either comprehension fail, or obtuse on purpose?
edit on 4-12-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

The way I see it, almost every one of us is exploited from the moment we are born. And as technology improves, this is starting to be done with greater and greater efficiency. The only ones that have to deal with the negative aspects of that system are the "common people," at least for now.

Since it is all encompassing in this way, it can "hide in plain sight" from a lot of people. In a lot of areas of study, its called a Complex System. Identifying, observing, and exploring Complex Systems is not an easy task. Hell, complex systems are still one of the most difficult things to scientifically explore, and in my opinion, is one of the stumbling blocks we have when finding a GUT or TOE.

That may seem unrelated, but the exploitation of resources for individual wealth is a complex system. It is one that has grown and become vastly more efficient through everything from market research, to regulation, to means of communication. The means through which this process is carried out has the very real effects of the society we see in this world today.

The truth is, NO ONE is represented by this system! The closest we get are vague labels that are used to divide and conquer, and there is some sort of profit or transfer of wealth usually involved as well. Almost every person has to stuff themselves inside some box to even relate to others on any meaningful level. Its a system that is set up for the common folk to fight over semantics so that they are too occupied to realize that they are not represented, as a complex system, in an overarching platform that is set up to gain wealth at their expense.

Ehh, I guess that turned into a rant of my own, onequestion.. But, I do think that more are realizing this aspect of our society. It is very complex though, and embedded so deeply that some will never even know its there, pulling the strings to move your hand to your pocket book or your mind to semantics.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

thanks bernyl for pointing out what i havent had the time to today.

Im a lazy fat american who leeches off the system with no work ethic between working on a horse farm, riding a bike there at 6 am, then riding a bike home and getting my gym bag, then riding a bike 10 miles to the gym and training because i am dedicated to boxing and jiu jitsu, its the only hope i see in the world and then riding a bike ten miles back.

yeah i work my ass for nothing im exhausted im tired im disenfranchised. you know what most of it is my fault but that doesnt mean i deserve it. what it means is i have had lessons to learn its wrong for society to pigeonhole me into slavery.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Certainly didnt tell anyone to get out .the op started a thread with negative tones from the start ,and by that i mean by saying ' if you dont understand then i dont give a # 'or something along those lines

If someone starts a thread ,then they can expect replies and deal with them however they wish
i suggested perspective which can really put your circumstances ,good or bad in a better light
Assuming someone is this or that achieves nothing

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

benrl

nixie_nox
Disenfranchised with what, exactly? Just being annoyed at "everything" just means you are either depressed a very negative person.

What a vague thread.

You know, the one they sold us in schools all our lives, the one that our politicians told us we were, the one that companies marketed and sold us.

ETA: I got the ops point from the start, so either comprehension fail, or obtuse on purpose?

What exactly was promised to you? Whoever promised anything to you did wrong by you and your expectations.

This is just as vague as the OP - What exactly dont you have that you were promised?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by benrl

thanks bernyl for pointing out what i havent had the time to today.

Im a lazy fat american who leeches off the system with no work ethic between working on a horse farm, riding a bike there at 6 am, then riding a bike home and getting my gym bag, then riding a bike 10 miles to the gym and training because i am dedicated to boxing and jiu jitsu, its the only hope i see in the world and then riding a bike ten miles back.

yeah i work my ass for nothing im exhausted im tired im disenfranchised. you know what most of it is my fault but that doesnt mean i deserve it. what it means is i have had lessons to learn its wrong for society to pigeonhole me into slavery.

It sounds like you are in that job to merely pay bills - What other skills outside of juijitsu do you have? What has you experience been in the workforce since 16? There has to be something more translatable to real world skills.

What about starting up a fitness program for children around juijitsu. You can rent space out at your gym and post craisglist adds to slowly rake in clients. Overweight kids lose weight, build confidence...you make money and build a foundation as a business owner. Leverage skills learned as a business owner to start your own MMA training facility. Give kids a free two weeks while you chat up the parents. You said you wrote a three day business plan so you have SOME business acumen.

Did you look into sales? Sales doesnt require education or a clean record for your run of the mill corp looking to push whatever solution they are pushing.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

onequestion

I think it was a one time thing.
What happened over the last 90 years.
I don't feel that emotionally one actually
has to change that much, and certainly
not in conformity or reaction to the
horrible way American leadership has
been treating the indigenous, namely us.

Jimmy Carter on the right,
an early meeting in which he
really tries to reach out to the
middle east.

And I don't think it will happen again.

Sabotage was immediately suspected here because of the anger caused in Arab countries by the sentencing the previous December of three Palestinians to 12 years imprisonment by a Swiss court. An Arab guerrilla splinter group, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine - General Command, said in Beirut, Lebanon, that it had been responsible for the explosion. Reuters reported later, however, from Amman, Jordan, that a spokesman for the guerrilla group had denied that it was involved.

wikipedia / swiss air flight 330

Swiss Air,
was the first official terrorist act in history.

Have we driven the cars?
or are the cars driving us now.

And remember the first rule of survival.
Maintain a positive mental attitude.
We can survive this. We will get through this.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

dude, you ARE totally disenfranchised. no question. no discussion.

your forebears, in the most cowardly, ignorant and selfish way possible have sold you out through their own greed, and their complicity and surrender to elitist control of your future slavery.

freedom isn't free, and neither are you.

end of story.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

12voltz

28 and not happy with your country and its excesses ? no help programs to suit?
Old enough to get a plane ticket and leave ,Ethiopia is nice this time of year and should give you some perspective and with many programs to help disenfranchised westerners and their miserable circumstances

Its over there to your right

You are a typical brainwashed American wanker. I'll bet you have never left the 'Grand Olde' USA. I left America and now am an Australian. Heaps better! My suggestion to the OP is to go and travel. If you are tight on funds, start in Asia. The culture and people are amazing. The US$ will help you get started, and the financial opportunities are amazing. There is a BIG world out there!

[Y/quote]

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
You are disenfranchised by choice. In order to be "enfranchised," you must engage--somewhere, but you don't. You avoid enfranchisement diligently. If you look back at all your threads and posts over the last few months, years, you see the pattern. Nothing is ever your fault. Other people have always done you wrong. Even when you get excited about something it quickly turns sour because your expectations and reality have not been the same. You continually come to ATS for "help," and when people point out the above you just lash out at them and tell them how wrong they are. In other words, you're living in your own little world.

You're "disenfranchised"??? No wonder. Choices have consequences. You don't take responsibility for creating your own reality, and until you can get yourself out from beneath that rain cloud of your own making, you are pretty much going to experience the same sorts of things you are complaining about.

The book "30 seconds over Tokyo" is about the Doolittle raid on Tokyo shortly after WW II began. Doolittle flew bombers off an aircraft carrier, which had never been done, which overflew Tokyo, dropped some bombs that caused little damage, after which the bombers tried to land in China. It was nothing but a morale booster, but in that it succeeded. One of the pilots (the second one off the carrier, who had his flaps set wrong and nearly ditched: You can see it in the documentary of the take-off) crash-landed in China and injured his leg badly enough that he could not walk.

He was ferried by stretcher from village to village to elude Japanese patrols. But everywhere he went he complained about the smell. Every village he entered had this same terrible smell. He complained about it to no avail. Ultimately he reached safety, but his leg had to be amputated. The smell he attributed to the Chinese villages actually was from the gangrene that had infected his leg. He brought the smell with him.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

onequestion
Yes i am completely disenfranchised and no im not posting a link to the word disenfranchised to you understand the context im using it in. If you cant figure it out then i dont give a #.

Im pissed off as an American. Im really pissed off.

I am not represented in the school system, the political spectrum, or in any of the popular mainstream religions. I am unaffiliated with a gang i mean political group.

There is no program out there for people like me. How can you people sit in your shells of reality believing all this crap that being fed through mainstream culture to you?

Whats wrong with you?

I dont know.

Im 28 and i dont have a future in america. ive been reaching out for help for the past few years and it isnt there. Something is wrong with our reality and we need to fix it because i know im not alone. There is a lot more people out there like me and its about #ing time we start looking for answers.

You and me both. Apathy is waning to being pissed off. time is near. we are all pissed. you are not alone

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I totally agree with you. Who but sheeple Americans can believe the drival the MSM dishes out to us? Just today Yahoo reports that the unemployment rate is down to 7%. What a joke......they don't report the unemployed who have run out of unemployment benefits and have stopped looking for work. There is no economic recovery. There are fewer jobs in the USA today than in the 60s and 70s. Because jobs are shipped overseas there are 44 million people on food stamps. My husband and I moved to Mexico in 2009 after losing our jobs of 38 and 30 years respectively. At least here we can live a semi-normal life----no life insurance or medical insurance; a 20 year old car, etc. The bright side is the beautiful weather as well as the beautiful Mexican citizens.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I am right there with you and I am 54 so go figure.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ColonelCarter

Thanks for all the responses. Due to my increasingly busy life i dont have time to respond to everyone.

Thanks for the support.

To everyone else oh well.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Big two thumbs up.

i myself am in yiur boat

i live in my van

i work under the table

i help take care of my sick mother.

and there is no way to get out or get help unless i becomce an alchoholic or drug user.

or allow them to medicate me.

yea i cant wait for it to come crashing it down

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Krystian

benrl

nixie_nox

What a vague thread.

What exactly was promised to you? Whoever promised anything to you did wrong by you and your expectations.

This is just as vague as the OP - What exactly dont you have that you were promised?

i was promised a chance to excel

but without the money to play the game there is no chance.

i have seen it first hand.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Don't feel bad, you have the company of roughly 270 million other people, the 99 percent of us who don't own 60 percent of the country. That's a lot of people. I do not think people will put up with all the inequality, the corruption and and cruelty forever. Things will change. People have to be creative and change things non violently. We have to change things from the bottom up, they will NEVER change from the top down. The equation will balance itself. Do not give up or give up hope.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I've been disenfranchised for 52 years.

You will get used to it.

Wear it as a badge of honor.

KPB

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Yep...I blame our run-away, out of control, bloated, stinking, red-tape-ridden, corrupt govt and officials for our current state. Oh...I left out wasteful...

I am a member of what is often referred to as the "white angry man" group. Add to that I am 59 years old.

Our govt is, in my opinion, trying it's damndest to get a majority of the population totally dependent on them.

Instead of promoting positive incentives, it promotes negative ones. ( I may explain later) The govt is a leach on the body of the economy. Every dollar the govt removes from the economy hurts the economy, and is not returned to the economy at the same rate of return as those dollars that remain in the economy. I can explain this if need be, but it seems a rather simple concept to me.

The govt is stealing from us in every way imaginable. They take from our income directly. They charge us a tax on our property. They charge us a tax on what we spend. They charge a surtax on much of what we buy (cigs, alcohol, gasoline etc etc) they even!! tax!! our income tax returns!! (wtf ...seriously?) 80 percent of the cost of that bottle of booze you just bought goes to the govt...and yet people get pissed off at Exxon for an 8% profit margin (wtf? seriously?) The govt votes themselves a fracking raise, and then increase our taxes. They then make the fracking tax code so complicated it is fracking ridiculous and intentionally create loopholes they (YES! THEY) can take advantage of.
oh yeah...and then when we die they tax what is left...(wtf? seriously?)

Oh...and let's just steal from those who are working and give to those who choose not to. Yeah...let's do that! Oh, wait...it's already happening.... (WTF? Seriously???) Why the frack should I work and support some a$$hole I dont even know?

Then...when it is time for them to return to us what we have contributed in the way of services, they short change us (obamacare anyone? wft? seriously?) (social security? wtf? seriously?) Police protection...really? Need I go on (and on, and on, and on)?

And then there is an election and we have to choose the lesser of 2 evils in a race that has been scripted and controlled from the beginning...( wtf? seriously?)

All I hear about coming from our federal govt is how they are going to take care of the poor (really? WTF? Seriously?) and the middle class (yeah, right, wtf? seriously???)

And then...inflation!! The silent tax...first they lie to us about how much it is, and then they begin printing money like it is fracking going out of style thereby guaranteeing an increase (substantial) in inflation....WTF!!!

There is no Democrat this or Republican that...they are all the same. 7 of the top 10 richest congress people are democrats, but yeah, they are for the little people right? They have no concept of what it is to live in this economy ... they dont know sheeet.

If you believe the dems are responsible, or the repubs are responsible then you are just falling right in where they want you to be.....wft? seriously?? YES damn it!!

Therefore, MS OP...I totally agree with you. Sometime in the last 40-50 years we totally lost control and never had a clue it was happening.

edit on 7-12-2013 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I have been signing lots of petitions, lately, and the petitions often seem to work. Lots of people have gotten justice, gotten their jobs back, been released from prison, or been prosecuted when it seemed that they were going to get away with unjust acts. Of course, some petitions, especially those on the White House web site, seem to be ignored. But others, even for states or countries of which you are not a citizen, seem to work. Try it - you'll like it!

Regarding representation in our government, it is true that the politicians we have a choice of electing have mostly been chosen for us by the ones with money who hold the real power. You can help stop that by getting more deeply involved with the political party of your choice. I also send lots of email to my representatives, and sometimes one can see through the news that large numbers of people sending in similar opinions on a matter actually do affect our representatives decisions. We just need to keep it up and never stop. Visit opencongress.org... and sign up with organizations whose causes you support for assistance.

You have to realize that, although you are a drop in the bucket, drops do count when they are added up, but they don't when you quit. Don't expect your every whim to be acted on to your satisfaction, but don't stop trying.
edit on 7-12-2013 by sorgfelt because: grammar

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join