It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof the Government knows about UFO's.....kinda :P

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I've always thought something i saw on the universe or through the wormhole, was really revealing. They were interviewing the guy who runs SETI and he said the most common question he get is "Who are you supposed to call in the government if contact is actually verified?" . His answer blew me away..... There isn't anyone he is supposed to call first. He doesn't have a number to call at all. Not the secretary of defense. Not the President. No one..... Really. Isn't it at least partially federally funded? and there's no one he is supposed to call?

To me this is crazy. Guaranteed! Any politician in the world would kill to be the guy who makes the "We met aliens " speech. So your telling me we put what has to be millions of dollars into something and don't even tell them to call us first if you find anything?

The only real explanation for this imho. Is that they already know the truth and they know SETI has no chance of finding it. There's no way the powers that be could possibly know that there is no life out there so SETI won't find anything. You can't prove a negative like that. So why would they seemingly not care what SETI finds, when if it ever finds anything it's like THE BIGGEST DISCOVERY IN HUMAN HISTORY! LOL

I don't buy into many conspiracy theories, love to read up on them , but it's few and far between that i actually buy into, but the logic of it all just caught me.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by artemisminion

The discovery of aliens would be considered a threat, therefore they will have a protocol they must follow. He was telling porkies.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

VoidHawk
reply to post by artemisminion

The discovery of aliens would be considered a threat, therefore they will have a protocol they must follow. He was telling porkies.

Unless they already made contact and know that seti won't find anything. That's my point the only way they don't have a protocol is if they already know.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
If there never have been any alien contact, (which there propably havn't) there is a very very small chance that they will be just around the corner to visit Earth.

Just because we live in a time of fantasy going wild with alien's and zombies going crazy in entertaintment and wild speculations in science, dosn't mean it's real in any way.

And i am sure the goverment's are well aware of, that we aren't going to be visited at any time or have been, so they don't put a threat from aliens highest on the "threat list".

edit on 4-12-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I swear.
The UFO/Aliens topic has turned into Calvin Ball.

Calvin: The government knows about UFOs ... because it doesn't have anyone to call for SETI since it already knows that SETI will never succeed because Government is already in contact.

Hobbs: Nope, because it's Wednesday and Herschel use to have Spaghetti Tuesdays on Wednesdays until he got his head cut off, but, he shared a name with an William Herschel who discovered Uranus, but never any aliens, so, no Aliens.

edit on 12/4/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

(post by DrunkYogi removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Who or what is Calvin Ball?

I saw you use this in another thread.

Any chance you could assume that the rest of the planet is not familiar with the slang of your local neighbourhood? Or is that bad science?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Maybe it's because the military is overconfident that their black projects will never be detected by the likes of SETI and we are the only race stupid enough of sending out messages letting everyone know how inferior of a race we are.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Krusty the Klown

Any chance you could assume that the rest of the planet is not familiar with the slang of your local neighbourhood? Or is that bad science?
I

Calvin ball is a game in the comic strip Calvin and Hobbs The only rule to Calvin ball is that you make up the rules as you go, and the weirder the better.

Back on topic, Seti hasn't received federal funds for some time. I find it completely reasonable that there is no one to call, since there's a greater chance of Democrats and Republicans working together for the good of the poor than for Seti finding anything.
edit on 12/4/2013 by tebyen because: Freaking autocorrect

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Krusty the Klown

Hahaha!! You ain't seen nothing yet!! LMAO!!

Proof the Government knows about UFO's.....kinda : Maybe ..maybe not OMHO ..I just don't know or haven't seen proof for "sure" myself .

But..its fun to read about as long as it doesn't make you go nuts....keep your mind open and squint a lot ...

Here is Calvin Ball

Calvinball - The Calvin and Hobbes Wiki

calvinandhobbes.wikia.com/wiki/Calvinball

Calvinball is a game invented by Calvin in which one makes the rules up as one goes along...

calvinandhobbes.wikia.com...

It's a game invented buy these to as they go along and play ball..lol!!

edit on 4-12-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Maybe we should have an ATS Calvinball tournament. (EDIT: there, I started it www.abovetopsecret.com... )

But the SETI guy, if the signal does come in, he certainly will improvise and the higher-ups will get wind of it in short order, and either shut it down or distract the public with bread and circuses (I'll take the bread please, dark Russian with olive oil).
edit on 4-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Maybe we should have an ATS Calvinball tournament.

But the SETI guy, if the signal does come in, he certainly will improvise and the higher-ups will get wind of it in short order, and either shut it down or distract the public with bread and circuses (I'll take the bread please, dark Russian with olive oil).

Hahaha! I think we do on Most topics about Aliens and UFO's ..right lol!! It's up in the air or down on the ground or up somebody's ..ummm errrr..

Nothing yet but opinions and such...no rules just play and speculate as we go..

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The question in the OP is probably moot anyway.

From what Edward Snowden says the US NSA is listening to all their communications, so no need for SETI to actually call anyone, who needs to know will already know anyway!

top topics

join