It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no SURVIVAL...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
ITA with the OP. No matter what disaster might prompt global nuclear meltdown (any of them would), it will be the nail in the coffin by domino effect.

IMHO the new agers who foresee/sense an ascension of light soon are seeing increased radiation. Fuku'pd is just the beginning. Of course we can pray that the mass of humanity to die horrible slow deaths from it might experience a salvation in the afterlife.

I am no survivalist and would not want to survive any catastrophic global disaster. Watching and enduring any aftermath would be hell on earth. I hope to be at ground zero if there is one.

I don't see humanity as a whole evolving to learn any lessons that would create a more harmonious future for any survivors. This realm has it's purpose and it's not to evolve within but to evolve out of it.

Have mercy on us all.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

If the SHTF, and I really don't think it will. But if there is an event lets say, Russia lobes 15 nukes in on us type of event. Do you really want to be here when the dust settles ? To try and scratch your way along for a few more days, month's ? To suffer through a few more days ? For what ?

If it's a nuke, I want to be standing on it when it goes off.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DGenR8

Isn't it funny how something so simple as a 100+ reactors going into melt down could miss discussion tell now, especially after Fukishima.

Very observant on your part.

My take on this is hoping to be ground zero, the rest seems very uncomfortable and a horrible way to die.
edit on 5-12-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
NO!
even if most did the same as chenoble !
take a look at the land around it.
you can see it on youtube.
the plants and animals are doing better than when people ware their.
thire would be a big die off.
but it would be ok.

um! you do have lots of sodium iodine?
but even the animals did not have this. so...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DGenR8

people live in rural areas. they know where the dear bed down. there is no bug out. there isn't enough deer to last the rednecks more than a few months. peeps need to come together into a society and create culture.

wait, we already have one. better to save this one than expect to survive. activism is an action.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

spartacus699

fukushima is a code word. It says "fuk USA 4 hiroshima" You see what I'm saying???

Love it!!!
Its got me chuckling

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cathar

Yes, I am an ex-pat living in Australia. Get the hell out while you can.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

kosmicjack
More and more I come to the conclusion that spending energy on prepping for the worst of humanity instead of working toward the best of humanity just ensures that destruction will surely come. And that seems to be exactly what the PTB wants, disaster capitalism...scarcity of resources makes them money.

So, yeah, maybe just the rich will survive but then, as you say, what kind of barren wasteland will be left and who would want to live in it?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ozwest

Many people have tried their best and it is due largely to apathetic sheep that these unavoidable decisions have to be made. Now, FAMILY comes first.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
No matter the situation the best ally is knowledge and intelligence and a whole lot LOT OF LUCK these are really all you need to be a survivor in any scenario. Everything else is kind of an added bonus, those that horde things in there homes better hope that their homes stay intact. If not they better be prepared to be on the move

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by oldkawguy

I feel more responsible for my fellow man and family and other loved ones than that. I would want to be a part of the re-building of society and try to safeguard humanity from the same mistakes but that's just me. Preserving knowledge and all that jazz.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
One of the curious facts about the Cold War is that the combatants "bombed" their own countries.

There have been over 2,000 nuclear weapon detonations since 1945. The United States set off over half of those on their own territory in the Southwest. The Soviets did the same to theirs.

Look at the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and how quickly they recovered become bigger and better than they were before they were attacked.

There is a specific field of research delving solely into the healthy and robust recovery of plant and animal life surrounding Chernobyl.

Radiation can be dangerous, no argument here. But it is not the "Bogeyman" it is made out to be. Certainly the immediate areas surrounding these facilities will be dangerous for a time, but their collapse will not be a world ending event.

However, given that the Survivalist Community is pretty much predicated on pessimism and paranoia, I doubt many will look at what I have said and take it seriously

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

You are exactly right in my opinion; which is based on my own extensive research into the question in light of my survival preparations.

The OP post a lot of conclusions and assumptions, but not much else. "We are doomed. We'll go extinct. There is not hope, so don't bother." How is this true for every single one of 6 billion people? Some of them live within a few miles of a nuclear plant. But some of them don't live within 300 miles of one. But they are all equally dooomed?

People who are inclined to agree with the OP should consider these points:

1. Tens of thousands of civilians living in Hiroshima or Nagasaki survived a direct nuclear attack on their cities. Granted, they were "primitive" nukes compared to later US and Soviet heavy hitters; but the two bombs used in WWII were probably more potent that a terrorist group could manage to detonate. Especially so since terrorists wouldn't be able to deliver a 10-ton bomb several thousand feet above a major US city. A nuke delivered by boat would not have anywhere near the impact of either historical bombs detonated in war-time.

2. Even if a military-grade weapon were unleashed on the US, you could still survive with minimal preparation, such as an improvised shelter in a basement. There are threads on this board about improvising a fall-out shelter that will probably keep your children cancer free even within 10 miles of a major detonation---if you can only stay out of the radiation for 5 days, and know how to avoid concentrations of dust as you leave the area on foot. Just like thousands did after the Chernobyl event.

3. While the Russian govt originally abandoned most of a 500 km radius around Chernobyl, they quickly realized that casualties would be below 10K. And in that event, the hydrogen detonation literally blew the lid off of the reactor containment building. The vast majority of the children living there, and in Kiev, grew into healthy adults.

4. Many US plants have a passive backup system for their containment pools. The one nearest me is built below a dam on a river, and the pools are fed by lake water if the pumps fail. Call the plant near you and ask about their emergency plans. I did, and they were amazingly frank with me. They even told me about DOE and FEMA response teams who are ready in case of an earthquake or EMP, when the reactor's generator will need to "dump its electrical load" but will have lost access to the larger grid.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by DGenR8

People overdue it but some level of preparation is Okay. On the simplest level if you see rain clouds on the horizon you bring an umbrella with you.

And don't forget your seatbelt.

As far as the Pockyclips…

It doesn't exist. No amount of bunker will save you from a Tsunami, megaquake, all out nookler combat or the cancer we all get from say, Fukushima.

What else, food riots? If they are hungry they will come to your cooking fire. If they are out of ammo they will kill you and steal yours.

If they find you at home guarding your pile of survival goods, you already lost. If you pack it up and flee, they will stop you and take everything anyway.

Only the wealthiest people have truly prepared for most of what may befall the earth in any given scenario. And they can have whats left.

They win.

Wow, so, according to you, it's better to just sit around and give up, and give into the elements, and wait to die. That is exactly what you are preaching here, I don't care how you're trying to spin this, that is what is coming out here. Way to go for morale. If you were in my group you would die first purely based on your lack of caring, or spirit. You are a very weak individual, thanks for letting us know that much!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

One common response is "rationalizing your own inaction." It's a lot less work than prepping, and the smugness lasts as long as the lights stay on.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that there are people who see every option for survival a baited death trap for nothing but what it's! Giving up, and not trying to survive is mind blowing to me, why don't these people just eat a friggin barrel right now and get it the heck over with. For everyone's sake

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
what ifs not (what it's) damn auto correct!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You are absolutely correct! reply to post by spartacus699

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DGenR8

Good point, unless we can find to live deep under water or out in space in a self sustainable environment, we`re all doomed if anything like that happens. On the other hand, aliens might show up and disable the reactors or prevent meltdowns to preserve the world for us or possibly themselves on the long run, who knows

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

gunshooter
reply to post by tovenar

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that there are people who see every option for survival a baited death trap for nothing but what it's! Giving up, and not trying to survive is mind blowing to me, why don't these people just eat a friggin barrel right now and get it the heck over with. For everyone's sake

Or better yet...
I would hope more people buy the guns, ammo, dried food, camping equipment etc. because I have bought stock in companies that supply the people that are prepping. I'm already seeing a healthy return on my investments....
so if there is a shtf event; I would prefer to ride it out on some island in the Bahamas. My GF and I would like to thank all the preppers for helping to make that possible.

marketdailynews.com...

this company gets a AAA rating from me

thesurvivalmom.com...

My survival stratagy is to buy stocks rather than dried food and sleeping bags. I do have a nice Cosmi autoloader and a Glock 40 though.

edit on 16-12-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join