It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Guardian does it again....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The Guardian is posting internal Alec papers on the event of their convention this week and it seems the group having some funding trouble.

What a shame.

"ALEC facing funding crisis from donor exodus in wake of Trayvon Martin row"

www.theguardian.com...

The original documents are available for review at the above link.

The documents seen by the Guardian show that Alec is hoping to avoid legal, tax and ethical challenges by creating a separate sister organisation it calls the "Jeffersonian Project". The new body would be categorised as a 501(c)(4) social welfare organisation, a designation that would allow Alec to be far more overt in its lobbying activities than its current charitable status as a 501(c)(3).

It's interesting to me how this group of 'federalist' seem to be so anti-government. Apparently they are setting up a new 401 (3)(c) "Jeffersonian Project"

Thomas Jefferson was an anti-federalist and was a founder of the Democratic Republican which latter became the Democratic Party.

Trying to change history or somewhat...

A letter included among the documents from Alec's lawyer, Alan Dye, warns that "though we do not believe that any activity carried on by Alec is lobbying, the IRS could disagree". It also makes clear that major potential donors are holding back because they are anxious about Alec's tax status.

All from the horses mouth.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

While I have no sympathy for the big money influencing American politics it's interesting to note exactly why corporations have been lax in their support of ALEC lately.

From the article linked by the Guardian:

When the unarmed Martin, 17, was shot dead, his assailant was initially not charged with any crime apparently because of the “Stand Your Ground” law. Prosecutors reasoned that the law made it legal to shoot any person viewed as being suspicious — even a teenager walking home after buying candy and iced tea.

ALEC’s success in getting such a radical idea put into law has attracted far too much attention for any lobbyist. The Hill..

So promoting self defense is a "radical" idea? Martin was on top of Zimmerman and beating his brains out on the concrete when he was shot. Martin got what he deserved.

As far as them losing sponsor's, who cares. Anyway we all know why the corporations ran from this one.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

SYG is not self defense, it's legalized murder. You look like a threat to me so I'm going to shoot you dead, I'm untouchable because of SYG.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Thats not at all what the syg states. The person has to BE a threat, or put you in a position where your life IS in danger. When the cops get there, you still have to prove those circumstances. Otherwise you can not use syg as your defence. Martin was literally trying to kill zimmerman. Thats why that defence worked. Had martin just spoke to zim instead of attacking him, that defence would not have worked. He got shot while he was attacking zim. Thats what makes the difference.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
If Zimmerman had a had a Mexican sounding last name the whole case would be forgot about.

How many minority on minority crimes made such a media spectacle?

I call it white privledge. Just ask Casey Anthony

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Woodcarver

Tell that to the latest victim... 72 Alzheimers patient. Oh you can't... he was shot dead.
edit on 12/4/2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join