It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you use Walmart.com to order stuff online, read this now

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It happens to the best of us and not just on walmart.com. You could easily have picked up some kind of spyware on your computer. It's happened to me. Clean your computer, change all your card numbers and get some good protection that updates frequently.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RickinVa

Oh, wow - hope you get that straightened out! If you haven't already, be sure to dispute the charge with your credit card company as well. I agree that the timing makes it seem like an inside job. Was it delivered to a store near where you live? If so, is it possible (I know this won't be fun to consider) that someone you KNOW did it? Walmart DOES have security cameras ALL OVER, though, so there should be footage of who picked up the phone. The cops need to DEMAND this. With all the cameras they use, they should be able to track the person from picking it up into the parking lot, and maybe even get a license number. A plate number could even be seen, probably. The fact that the story CHANGES is VERY suspect.

Overall, you are safer using PayPal for online transactions. As a third party, they are a bit more careful about pursuing claims.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Update... apparently it was one time deal....... got a new credit card issued and have had no problems since.

one of my "collateral" duties at the FBI was handling our divisions smart phones. Since my name was on the account, I could activate and deactivate phones, change numbers, change passwords etc.

If I went to the bother of pestering Walmart enough to get the IMEI of that Iphone, then a search warrant could be obtained to have the major providers see if that IMEI is in their system. You would get the phone number associated with that phone and trace it to a physical location.

Problem is, no one is going to do that. There's a 99.99% chance that whoever has the phone now doesn't have a clue that the phone was illegally purchased.

Nobody is going to go through all that trouble for a 586.00 iphone.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join