It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the logic behind it being wrong to meddle in "uncontacted" tribes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Here's my take on situations like this. I like to put myself in their shoes, as much as I possibly could, and wonder.

Now, I live in my small village, near enough to a biggish town for 'pleasure shopping', but far away enough from all the noise and crap. I'm happy enough with my life. Not exactly living in luxury, but have all the essentials to keep me and my family ticking over quite nicely.

Now, imagine one of those UFO's we keep seeing flying round, and being posting on YouTube and the likes, landing at the end of my road. Out comes a being that looks human enough, but speaks strangely. They seem to be telling me I'm missing something in my life. They want to take me on a journey to see how the rest of the universe is living. Not sure if it's safe to go with them, but I agree, sort of.

So off we fly to a whole new place. And there are things there I have nooooo idea what they are. They look strange. The people all look strange, and communicate strangely. They start showing me stuff, and what it's all supposed to do, telling me it would all improve my life beyond imagination!

But, at a price!

First, we would have to allow lots more of their UFO crafts to come down, filled with people, and build on all the available land, to make this lifestyle possible. Not really happy about that one. We love the wildlife and nature around here.

Then, we'd have to find a way to pay for all these 'essential necessities', which would mean finding a way to earn more, and learning to do stuff never dreamed of before. We've got to work twice as hard, and sacrifice time apart from our families, just to keep up with others demands.

Then we'd need to keep in regular contact with these new beings, allowing them a certain amount of control on how we are living, and make sure we are doing what the rest of the universe are doing. Once we'd allowed all that, we'd be up to speed with the rest of the universe!

Yes, I know it's all very fairy tale like, and a storyline, but at the end of the day, making contact with these tribes would do just that. It would change their lives forever, in a major way. Once they've been opened up to the rest of the world. There's no turning back really. And would they want it?? They might not like what they see, and decide we are all off our rockers for wanting to complicate our lives so much, when they indeed live so simply.

It's a tough call really. There are arguments on both sides, to say what is best for these people, but hopefully, if anything is decided, it is with their consent, and not a forced decision.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

I think a better reason for not allowing contact is that they most likely have knowledge that would contaminate us and our science, breaking the spell that all modern people are under. The belief that twenty-first century industrialised man is the best there is so far in human history is fundamental to that spell. In fact, the ancient "animals" (and most likely their modern counterparts too) knew things that we can only imagine. They knew how to predict the weather months and years in advance, when and where an earthquake would hit anywhere in the world on any given day in the future... The Aztecs are a perfect example, which is why the invading Spanish burnt every document they could get their hands on and really struggled to stop them following their "pagan" ways. Those documents which did survive ended up in the Vatican for the most part. History has been written to describe the Meso-americans as blood- thirsty warriors only when in fact they were gifted astronomers and mathematicians.

Those tribes avoiding contact with the outside world are doing themselves a favour. They know that there is something wrong with us and that they will have their advanced knowledge crushed out of them rather than it be something we can learn from. As the wise shaman said in Avatar - "You can't fill a cup that is already full".

new topics

<< 1   >>

join