It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Black Students Wrongfully Arrested Waiting for the Bus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I'm white, and I'm not racist, so obviously that is not the point I'm trying to make. But do please keep going, you sound more and more like an idiot each time you post.

(post by ldyserenity removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Having been a teen myself, and the fact the coach got there after the teens were being arrested.. its hard to say anything definitive. It was a group of "about a dozen," and three of them were arrested. The only witness to the events leading up to the arrest are apparently the teens, and the cops. The teens are not likely to side with the cop after arresting their friends. The coach, although probably well-meaning, didnt seem to have actually witnessed the events leading up to the arrest.

I didnt read anything in there about a phone call though (?)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

ldyserenity
reply to post by jrod

Sorry I crashed your white hating cop hating orgy...

You invited yourself to the party...not every ATS thread is as you might wish...give it a few hours...it might get heated enough for the mods to shut it down!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

They never are just hanging around walking up the street, they have to be called anywhere I've never seen an officer be around when you need them, you gotta call, unless there was a donut place in the area, haha...just kidding.

I'm assuming that there's no black officers on the entire police force in that area or there weren't any at the scene? Just wondering since everybody's jumping on the Profiling/racist cop bandwagon.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

There are several officers on the force that are not white. They are Black, Hispanic, there are a few Asian Officers as well. The cops that are involved with this incident were white. It's also not the first time one of the officers has done something such as this.

[snip]
edit on 3-12-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

There might have been a call, but it doesnt make any mention of that in the article (that I could see).

People in groups like that can get a bit stupid though, and I would say teens are certainly not immune from it (some might say the opposite of immune
).

Its even possible the group of teens acted in a way that should have received greater sentencing but the cop decided to lessen it.

The only witnesses seem to be the teens and the police, and I cant say I really trust either groups word without more information or evidence.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dorkfish87

I am denying ignorance, I wasn't there, as you were not either, I was simply providing another possible alternative. I also don't live there, but I was simply providing a real actual event I have seen (IT was in Philadelphia btw the incident in my first post) So those saying that they target/profile blacks there is a load of crap, at least when I lived there, In fact they outnumber the whites on the force in that district (which was 5th district which was an upper class area) So there is always two sides for a story actually there are 3 sides, the cops side, the kid's sides and the truth...But you know in this case 3 out of twelve was all that was arrested I am not seeing that they were racist/profiling or they'd haul them all. Or if they were so dastardly they could easily just you know, instigated a fight to eek even worse and more charges against them (which the real Bad Cops actually do) Or you know tase one like the cop in Florida who tasered a eighty yr old woman who was innocent. I think you are blowing this out of proportion. Just saying. making a big ol' race card mountain out of a molehill.

I've had teenagers and one of them was a boy, they get anxious/antsy/ and rowdy when they're waiting (especially for a sports game) And I'd venture a guess that 3 out of 12 is about the normal (maybe even below normal) range of how many you'd expect to act out in that kind of situation especially without full attention of the teacher/coach/parents/counselor/chaperone, etc. I've taken kids out that were near the age group in a large group with three adults and still the boys all pretty much became rambunctious, so it's normal, Why not just shut your mouth and behave even if they were behaving why not just say "yeah ok" when I was growing up they taught us respect our elders especially those with a gun and a uniform. We were more afraid of our parents.

So what's really the story here, huh?

A bunch of people just hating and self hating and calling for pitchforks and torches to the "Officers" who would have probably just been on their way if the kids said "Ok sir, We will stand out of the path of the foot traffic and keep the shenanigans down" And where was the bus shelter? If there was one there why didn't they sit/stand there out of the walkway?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
OK it's 4 months into the school year so people should be used to the gathering for the bus. Something happened for the police to be called. The arrest were for a reason more will come out. Monitor the Rochester paper to see
edit on 3-12-2013 by mikell because: Smelling errors

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mikell

thenewcivilrightsmovement.com... S

The charges were dropped due to there not being any crimes committed.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Th police department will hire individuals who do what they are told absolutely, no matter the social injustice.

It's not hard to find someone who has no problem targeting there own race if they were paid to do so.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

The police report claims that the boys were blocking “pedestrian traffic while standing on a public sidewalk…preventing free passage of citizens walking by and attempting to enter and exit a store…Your complainant gave several lawful clear and concise orders for the group to disperse and leave the area without compliance [sic].” But all three students and the coach disagree with the police version of events

Events like these make it absolutely imperative that police must be required to wear micro-cams w/mics at all times. Events like these are why ordinary people should record every single police/civilian encounter.

The facts that are lurking in the background of this case:

1) Police routinely lie on their reports. They frequently harass people and break more laws than possibly any other group of people. Very little integrity is expected or displayed.

2) Many youth cultures today are simply defective. There's no soft way of stating the facts. Glorified violence, lack of quality education, lack of empathy, lack of responsible role models, etc. I can envision a small group of youth obstructing the sidewalk, obstructing business and possibly threatening pedestrians. I had this very thing happen at my business.

All of society looses when we can't **conclusively prove** what occurred in events like these.

edit on 13-12-2013 by juspassinthru because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join