It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea's No. 2 Leader Believed to Have Been Removed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

SEOUL—North Korea's de facto No. 2 leader and uncle of dictator Kim Jong Un may have been removed from power, South Korea's spy agency said on Tuesday.

online.wsj.com...

What does this mean ?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Nothing.

What do you make of it?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

Not sure ?! ....internal only ? ....any possible consequences to external policy ?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

CosmicDude
reply to post by Spookybelle

Not sure ?! ....internal only ? ....any possible consequences to external policy ?

Nobody knows what their internal policy is.

Its believed that the military is in control until, if ever, Kim grows up and learns the ropes. Everything he does now is a calculated plan from his family and the military, he's just a figurehead at the moment.

If they offed one of his family members, or removed them from the government its probably because he said or did the wrong thing.

I wouldn't expect anything to change over this, its not like the Kim's have any actual power like they used to.

That's the theory anyways.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

No worries. He just got caught with a pack of Marlboros......

At least after his death by firing squad, he will no longer be a burden on the health care system.....

edit on 3-12-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think this could be a positive thing, as in out with the old way of thinking from his dads rule and hopefully a step in the right direction. Maybe young Kimmy has the guts to make a few changes for the better.

At least, I hope.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Kim the Younger flexing his muscle? It was speculated that there could be a power struggle when he took "power" at the start, and it would be between him and his older relatives.

This might be the start of internal division. So long as they're distracted amongst themselves ...

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Someone get Rodman on the phone.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I suspected something was happening, because both the CBC and CTV suddenly showed programs about North Korea on the day the US veteran apologized to the DPRK. My spidey senses were tingling and warning me that there must be a lot of stuff going on in the back scenes everywhere.

Who knows exactly why this uncle was ousted, but when Un's father died, I remember how aggressive and defiant the uncle's talk was to the rest of the world. I can't imagine that the military ousted him unless and until they had Un exactly where they wanted him.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Who should actually care about this?
The millions of unemployed?
The employed that are in deep debt?
The collage/university students without a future?
The folks on reduced food stamps?
Just what has North Korea got to do with us here in North America?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

What happens in one part of the world has the power to impact us all these days. Imagine the ramifications if the North Koreans emerge from this power struggle super belligerent and decide to attack South Korea. One way or another, it could affect the whole world.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by Iwinder

What happens in one part of the world has the power to impact us all these days. Imagine the ramifications if the North Koreans emerge from this power struggle super belligerent and decide to attack South Korea. One way or another, it could affect the whole world.

Leave it alone, South and North Korea are old news from the "Commies are going to get us" days
Get the hell out of dodge and let the natives do their own thing at their own expense and not ours.

This fear shet is not working anymore, Why is Communist China America's largest trading partner?

What has affected the whole world is global trade starting with "Wall Mart" and going to war is not an option if one wants to bankrupt ones economy.

It is all dollars and cents not political at all anymore.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 3-12-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It does matter. There are tens of thousands rotting in concentration camps right across North Korea. Like Nazi Germany but under a communist cult dictatorship and a particularly nasty and evil one at that. We should be ashamed of ourselves that we are allowing that system to exist. If North Korea is ever liberated then those concentration camps are going to shock the world and bring back of unpleasant memories of the Nazi concentration camps.

So yes, what happens in North Korea DOES matter. And besides they might just do the worst thing and press the button if a crazy general threw his rattle out of his pram. North Korea is a nasty piece of work that needs to be contained and had I been in charge of the UN, I would have ordered in blue helmet troops to liberate the concentration camps.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Thanks for talking sense. There are people locked up right now that are going through a tremendous amount of suffering at the hands of this infantile baby-tyrant regime and as much as Im a non-interventionist, its difficult to just sit back and watch as if it were some kind of freak-show or spy-movie.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

A more optimistic take is possible.
If the uncle and other family members were actually responsible for the irrational aggressiveness of his early days, and they are being displaced by a more pragmatic professional military elite, the end result might be less aggressive.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

we involved ourselves already so we can't just run away from our responsibility like cowards because it's inconvenient or whatever, if you knew anything about korean or even asian cultures in general you'd know that such an act of irresponsibility and cowardice would anger both korea's even more and likely reignite the korean war.
besides that when has running away brought peace or prosperity to any powerful nation in history? our position wont allow that and we are hated by enough people because our power and our actions of the past that showing such weakness would give them reason to act against us(as a whole most likely) whether through direct or indirect actions.

as for what i think of the uncle being removed, it's quite clear he was an obstacle to kim jong un exercising his full power over the nation and was removed in such a way to instill fear into anyone who supported the uncle or any who is intent on disrupting his own position of leadership and such an act also makes him look stronger to the military, as a leader who they can obey without much issue or without appearing weak. submission through fear and intimidation is what this and other recent actions appear to be in my opinion.
edit on 4-12-2013 by namehere because: forgot to respond to the real subject

top topics

join