It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubby's Quiche

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Quiche...

I personally really enjoy quiche and can eat it any day of the week or time of the day. It is so easy and you can do so much with it. I have made mini quiches in muffin pans, which by the way are great for breakfast! I love them and will make any combination I can come up with. My personal favorite is quiche lorraine or just basil tomato quiche with fresh asaigo. MMMMM.

I made a quiche the other day with basil, tomato, bacon and onion. It was GOOD! I used fresh Asaigo as the cheese. Well my husband didn't really care for it. He said it was "bland" and needed some "heat" which in his terms, means peppers and hot ones at that. I seriously thought he was joking lol I mean who doesn't like quiche?! I don't mind peppers but jalapeños kill me and give me heartburn. So I try to stay away from them.

Another thing I also keep getting asked (he even asked) is to make it without a crust. Well that isn't' quiche it's scrambled eggs with toppings. Quiche NEEDS a nice flaky crust and should be made in it's own quiche dish but isn't necessary. Without a crust it's just not a quiche.

So I asked him what he would like in a quiche.
His answer?
Jalapeños.

I am not a huge fan of super spicy or hot foods, mild is best with me. So I asked him what he would want in a quiche besides jalapeños and this is what he asked for. I added the onions and tomatoes.

Hubby's Quiche

I call it "Hubby's Quiche" because well he did pick the ingredients...well most

Ingredients
1 pie crust
6 eggs, I used large brown eggs
1 package of sausage. I used Tennesse Pride 16 oz.
1/2 cup chopped jalapeños
1 small onion, chopped
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup milk
1 tomato, chopped
1 small can of green chilies (peeled/diced)
Salt/Pepper

Directions

1. Cook onions and sausage til onions are soft and slightly brown
2. Mix eggs, heavy whipping cream, milk and S/P (a few shakes) in a bowl, set aside
3. Press pie crust into desired dish.
4. Sprinkle onion and sausage mixture on the pie crust.
5. Add jalapeños next on-top of onion/sausage mixture.

6. Pour egg mixture evenly over the jalapeño, sausage/onion layer.
7. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top of egg mixture.
8. Top with the tomatoes and green chilies. I just sprinkled them evenly all over the top.

BAKE at 350f (176c) for 45mins.

As I am typing this he just suggested ranch dressing would be good with it.

edit on 12/3/2013 by mblahnikluver because: codes because I suck at codes

edit on 12/3/2013 by mblahnikluver because: codes...again

edit on 12/3/2013 by mblahnikluver because: damn codes

edit on 12/3/2013 by mblahnikluver because: blah...codes

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You're entitled to do what you want with your eggs, but it's an affront to my lord and savior if they're not fried in butter, covered with salt and pepper. So far, this religion hasn't taken off, but Easter is twice as delicious.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
LOL Be thankful hun. You could have my husband. You know what his idea of "mild" peppers are? Ghost peppers!!!! I made him homemade sauce, and he eats it on everything. I have no idea how he can even taste food anymore.
He isn't a huge fan of quiche either.
We are lucky that we have a semi famous pastry shop not far from us, and our boss will stop and get a quiche about once a month.
Soooo good!!!

Yours looks really good!!!!!
Now I'm hungry!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

chiefsmom
LOL Be thankful hun. You could have my husband. You know what his idea of "mild" peppers are? Ghost peppers!!!! I made him homemade sauce, and he eats it on everything. I have no idea how he can even taste food anymore.

I have never heard of those. Sounds like they are pretty darn hot. I knew someone who ate jalapeños from the jar. I don't know how they could function lol. TOO hot for me like that!

He isn't a huge fan of quiche either.
We are lucky that we have a semi famous pastry shop not far from us, and our boss will stop and get a quiche about once a month.
Soooo good!!!

I make about 2-3 quiches a month, depends on if I have a pie crust of if I want to make a pie crust. lol

Yours looks really good!!!!!
Now I'm hungry!

Thank you!

I was hungry from typing this so I'm now having quiche and some coffee and it's only 4:55pm here. lol

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
A big thank you, mblahniklover!

I have been wondering for the last 2 hours what I had planned to do for supper tonight... And guess what?, I was supposed to do a quiche! lol

I can now get to work on it. Well, in 30 minutes.

Thanks again.

Now I'll go read your recipe.

EDIT: Oh!!! I don't have the meat to put in the quiche! Yargh I forgot...
edit on 3-12-2013 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
WOW that looks good!!!! I love it but the hubby doesn't so I never bother...but now I'm gonna, I'll just eat it myself

Thanks for sharing

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The first picture (the big thick slice) looks unbelievably delicious. Strangely, I've only had quiche a handful of times. Eating some good quiche soon has now become a priority. When I have time, I may even try your recipe.
To those commenting about hot stuff, I love jalapenos and even habaneros, but the Bhut joloki ghost peppers are just too damn hot.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

NowanKenubi
A big thank you, mblahniklover!

I have been wondering for the last 2 hours what I had planned to do for supper tonight... And guess what?, I was supposed to do a quiche! lol

I can now get to work on it. Well, in 30 minutes.

Thanks again.

Now I'll go read your recipe.

EDIT: Oh!!! I don't have the meat to put in the quiche! Yargh I forgot...

You're welcome.

Did you get to make it? How did yours turn out and did you do this or a different one.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

ieatbrains
WOW that looks good!!!! I love it but the hubby doesn't so I never bother...but now I'm gonna, I'll just eat it myself

Thanks for sharing

OH make your own!! More for you then since the hubby doesn't like it.

I make it when my husband is overseas and I eat all of it. Sometimes I freeze half so I have it later on.

If I want mini ones I make the recipe for half and just use mini muffin pans or mini soufflé or tart dishes.

You're welcome.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

ColeYounger
The first picture (the big thick slice) looks unbelievably delicious. Strangely, I've only had quiche a handful of times. Eating some good quiche soon has now become a priority. When I have time, I may even try your recipe.

I was surprised I even liked it. I'm not a fan of sausage in quiche but this wasn't bad at all and the jalapeños weren't that hot with everything else to offset it. I'll make it again for sure.

To those commenting about hot stuff, I love jalapenos and even habaneros, but the Bhut joloki ghost peppers are just too damn hot.

I will have to look up these ghost peppers strictly for reference. lol I don't think I could eat those, my husband might try them but not me. He loves all the hot items you just mentioned.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Of course I made the quiche!

I decided to make a cheese one. Lots of cheddar for the inside, and lots of parmesan-romano-asiago as topping.

Everybody wanted a second serving, but we had it all in the first run... lol T'was tasty.

EDIT: I just noticed I called you lover in my first post. Sorry about that. Of course, I meant luver.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

LOL that's ok, same thing

Oh that sounds gooood. I love a good cheese quiche. I have a cheese drawer and bin with tons of fresh cheeses. It's my weakness

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Quiche.....love it...thats bit too hot for us....my hubby hates hot

But I may try it with green peppers next week....

Had our favorite last week: frozen spinach, bacon, swiss, onions, eggs and cream....

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

DontTreadOnMe
Quiche.....love it...thats bit too hot for us....my hubby hates hot

But I may try it with green peppers next week....

Yea I am not fan of hot myself. I did have some and it was good but I now have the dreaded heartburn. I will say it was worth it. I'll take some Zantac and I should be fine.

I like using green peppers myself as well.

Had our favorite last week: frozen spinach, bacon, swiss, onions, eggs and cream....

MMMMM tasty!! I think I'll make that one next. I have left over spinach from Thanksgiving that was used for dip. I know my husband won't eat it so more for me :

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Would you mind sharing the recipe?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Looks amazing and I bet it absolutely delicious, but I just can't do the hot peppers anymore.

top topics

join