It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

81% Favor Repealing or Changing Health Care Law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by NorEaster

Except some people liked the policies they had and had them for specific reasons. And the new policies are larded down with coverages that people do not always need. For exampled, why would a 61-year-old woman need coverage for maternity care, prostate exams, and substance abuse? Shouldn't she have the choice of a policy that doesn't include those if she doesn't want them? Not under Obamacare, but her previous policy offered her that freedom to choose.

But I guess that's a "dangerous piece of crap" for her to have because she can't get her prostate examined or get her impossible baby delivered.

Then, there is the small matter of the sky-high deductibles. Why should I pay close to $1,000/month in premiums for my family only to get a policy that has a yearly deductible pushing $10,000 when our current coverage is an extremely good employer plan PPO for about $400/month with $1,000? Oh right, because Obamacare will make our policy noncompliant next year, too.

I guess I just didn't know how crappy our extremely good plan was and has been for the past decade.

You're talking about catastrophic health care coverage with enormous deductibles. Idiots buy those. I've known idiots that drove cars that were literal deathtraps too. People aren't very bright for the most part, and there's always someone ready to jump in and take them for whatever they can.

If you have a employer-provided health care plan that doesn't have traps and time bombs hidden within it, then all you have to do is convince both your employer and the healthcare provider to agree to continue to provide it to you at the same cost, then you're all set and the government doesn't give a damn. That said, if you have a piece of sh*t policy that won't reveal itself to be a piece of sh*t until you try to get some benefit from it, or if the boss decides he wants to toss you off the company policy (or cancel the company benefit plan altogether), then the ObamaCare law can't help you. Oh well. Log onto the web site and find a policy that works for you that you can afford.

It's an improvement, but you have to do some actual thinking if you want to get it to work for you. If you fight against the changes, then it's like any change you fight against. The benefits just end up being delayed for you and your family.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

beezzer

NorEaster

beezzer

"Be your brothers keeper" was supposed to be a suggestion, not a mandate.

Tell it to Jesus. I don't care what you do.

And I don't care what you do.

See? We agree. You want to cherry-pick the laws you support (just like the president) and you don't care what I do, so why should you or anyone else care if I get insurance or not?

So it appears that you are for the freedom to opt out of healthcare.

Bully for you!

Go ahead and opt out. Just keep in touch so that we can find out if the black helicopters will actually come after you. I have a bet in with a friend that they won't, and I've been trying to find a way of proving it one way or the other.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The first policy I described before IS an official Obamacare exchange policy. I guess that means that everyone in the US who is being forced to the exchange is being made a de facto idiot by law.

edit on 3-12-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

beezzer

NorEaster

beezzer

NorEaster

beezzer

NorEaster

Also, the law is a law. Period. And no one is rewriting anything. Where do you get your news? Here?

So we shouldn't do the amnesty thing, because the law is the law, right? We should kick those suckers out and start obeying the law because the law is the law, and illegal aliens have broken the law, right?

I have no idea what you're trying to suggest. This thread is about the ACA (and some bits about what the founding fathers really wanted for their new nation). Either you just had a stroke or you're trying to muddy the waters here. Either way, I'm not interested in discussing whatever it is you're trying to initiate.

The law is the law. Either that conveys for all laws, or you're just cherry-picking.

(and people call ME partisan!)

If I ever bother to waste my time in a immigration reform thread then you can ask me what I think about it. This isn't a thread about immigration reform. You want me badgering you about the controversial history of the Standard Model of Physics, and then call you a coward when you refuse to get baited? I can. I have strong ideas about that subject.

No.

You said the law is the law.

I countered and stated then that you would be against amnesty because it is against the current law.

You weaseled out.

*yawn*

I win.

Okay....you win. So, what do they give you when you win?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Oh.

Dang.

You mean I lost the freedom to self-determine?

Crap.

Well, at least some folks like yourself are cheering for that loss.

You should be proud and stand up and say that you are against freedoms! Really! That takes guts!

Goody for you! (one internet cookie)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

ketsuko

The first policy I described before IS an official Obamacare exchange policy. I guess that means that everyone in the US who is being forced to the exchange is being made a de facto idiot by law.

Theres no such thing as an official Obamacare policy. All policies are Healthcare Insurance Industry policies.

Where did you say you get your news?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

ketsuko

hounddoghowlie
no matter what the polls or the people say. that piss ant harry ried won't let it come to a vote in the senate.
and the reason he won't let it come up for a vote is that, he knew and knows for sure now that most dems in the senate would vote for repeal.
what we need is for the voters in nevada,to petition for his recall.

edit on 3-12-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

I hate admitting this, but I tried and tried to get people here to vote for Aiken. I didn't like him and didn't want him, but I kept saying, "You vote for Claire and you're voting for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. At least they'll bury Aiken so far on the back bench that you'll never know he's there, and we can get rid of him the next time."

Now, not only do we have to keep seeing that worthless Obamabot Claire running around on the press shows everywhere, but we still have the worthless Reid and majority leader ... not that McConnell would be much better. He hates his own base, too.

I love Missouri, born and raised here, but partisan politics at it's absolute best. Please bring back the machines, at least then we had bought and paid for candidates. Aiken was, is, and continues to be nothing more than a right wing evangelical nut job.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

beezzer

Oh.

Dang.

Crap.

You should be proud and stand up and say that you are against freedoms! Really! That takes guts!

Again, I have no idea what your saying here (even after hitting the link to try and figure out what you believe you're responding to)

So this is what it's like posting in the political threads? It's pretty much an exercise in futile disorientation. Just bits and pieces of discordant phraseology.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

beezzer

NorEaster

beezzer
Government controlled "anything" ends up failing.

Look at USPS.

Freedom is the accelerator.

Did you know that Ben Franklin was the 1st Postmaster General? The USPS started in 1775 (July 26)

I thought you guys wanted the US to preserve the values of the founding fathers? The US Postal System was their 1st ever concern, so think about that when you wear your tri-corner hats with their tea bags dangling.

The founding fathers also created congress. I won't hold them responsible for the bowl of bowel-trash that resembles leadership.

I am actually give you large kudos for this one. Nice job Beezer

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Yep, but he wasn't Claire and a rubber stamp vote for Reid.

I really wanted one of the other two candidates. The business guy actually because I'd never heard of him before and he had no connections to the party unlike the gal who was running against him or Aiken.

And I'd really just like someone who isn't a Blunt or a Carnahan ...

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

NorEaster

beezzer

Oh.

Dang.

Crap.

Again, I have no idea what your saying here (even after hitting the link to try and figure out what you believe you're responding to)

So this is what it's like posting in the political threads? It's pretty much an exercise in futile disorientation. Just bits and pieces of discordant phraseology.

The political threads are pretty darned feisty!

You are actually responsible for whatever you say, be that dross or tiny little jewels for people to look at.

It also is a great forum to point out hypocrisy.

So, are you for amnesty, even though "the law is the law"?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

NorEaster

ketsuko

Theres no such thing as an official Obamacare policy. All policies are Healthcare Insurance Industry policies.

Where did you say you get your news?

And all healthcare insurance policies must be approved by HHS which is the government. They all must meet the minimum requirements with the minimum included coverages of which prostate care, maternity care and substance abuse care all are some of the packages included no matter who you are. And they all pretty much universally have sky high deductibles and premiums for everyone. They only freedom the companies have is to include more into the policy, not to tailor the policy to individuals because that would involve stripping out coverages meaning less, making them less expensive.

Oh, and we haven't even gotten into the super restrictive care networks these things will have meaning that you will also almost certainly lose your doctor, too.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
19% on either the W.H. payroll, are 100% ignorant, hostage to NSA data blackmail, all, or any such combination.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Yep, but he wasn't Claire and a rubber stamp vote for Reid.

I really wanted one of the other two candidates. The business guy actually because I'd never heard of him before and he had no connections to the party unlike the gal who was running against him or Aiken.

And I'd really just like someone who isn't a Blunt or a Carnahan ...

I would to, but this is Misery after all.

I think we can all agree that healthcare in this country is screwed up, well maybe not all of us, but most of us. The insurance companies are the ones with death panels, many have benefited from the provisions of Obamacare instituted so far, I know my sis has, and her hubby has a mid 6 figure income.

I have friends in the UK and Canada, I myself use the VA. This so called socialized medicine thing is not that bad. Yeah you might have to wait a bit for those botox injections, or a breast enhancement. Go there needing care, you will get it, and it won't bankrupt you.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Medicare is not broke. It works fine. That is crap put out by the insurance industry who wants their business.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
81% out of a thousand people. That hardly speaks for America as a whole seeing how there is over 300 million citizens.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

sorgfelt
reply to post by ketsuko

Medicare is not broke. It works fine. That is crap put out by the insurance industry who wants their business.

Medicare is actually broke, 80% of the funds are spent in end of life care. I am a realist, and have seen this in action a couple of times. Dr's, hospitals, and nursing homes take advantage of this. I cared for my grandfather the last 6 months of his life, he died in 2008 at the age of 95. We took him to the hospital for a bout with pneumonia, he was allowed by medicare a certain number of days in a nursing home/rehab facility. He did those days, the Dr readmitted him to the hosp, then he was allowed another certain number of days. We brought him home, and took care of him. The nursing home did nothing that we couldn't do.

That being said, if you need to find a charity to donate to, find a hospice organization. They were a huge help to us a couple of days a week.

Folks, we all start dying the day we are born, if you are afraid to die, you haven't lived your life right, those last few days won't make a difference.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

I would like to see the law expanded, Medicare for all. My husband pays $100 per month. It is only fair for ALL.

We lost our house and savings to medical bills, even though we had insurance in 2007. I thought that was what insurance was for, fool me. The entire insurance coupon system can burn.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

sorgfelt
reply to post by ketsuko

Working and being broke are not the same thing.

And then again, just because something works doesn't make it affordable, and if it isn't affordable long-term that pretty much means it's broke.

Medicare was set up based on the idea of society as a pyramid with younger generations being larger than older ones. We are now seeing older generations being larger than younger ones. This is why both Social Security and Medicare are in serious trouble financially. We cannot afford them without dooming ourselves, our children and our grandchildren to penury in order to force them to support us as we age.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

ketsuko

sorgfelt
reply to post by ketsuko

Working and being broke are not the same thing.

And then again, just because something works doesn't make it affordable, and if it isn't affordable long-term that pretty much means it's broke.

Medicare was set up based on the idea of society as a pyramid with younger generations being larger than older ones. We are now seeing older generations being larger than younger ones. This is why both Social Security and Medicare are in serious trouble financially. We cannot afford them without dooming ourselves, our children and our grandchildren to penury in order to force them to support us as we age.

I totally understand what you are saying, that being said. How many younger people are willing or able to care for there elders. They are not, they have been encouraged to move away and find their own lives. How many are willing to move back, and take care of their folks?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join