It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

81% Favor Repealing or Changing Health Care Law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

How can you call it a law when the President whose job is to faithfully uphold and enforce the laws rewrites the thing on whim to suit his purpose on a nearly weekly to daily basis?

Also, it isn't just the website. What most people understand is that their insurance that they were repeatedly promised they could keep, over and over, has been cancelled. Most people can comprehend that they were lied to and most people don't like that, and it makes them very suspicious about what else they were told.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

ketsuko

How can you call it a law when the President whose job is to faithfully uphold and enforce the laws rewrites the thing on whim to suit his purpose on a nearly weekly to daily basis?

Also, it isn't just the website. What most people understand is that their insurance that they were repeatedly promised they could keep, over and over, has been cancelled. Most people can comprehend that they were lied to and most people don't like that, and it makes them very suspicious about what else they were told.

The government can't force any insurance company to continue a specific policy just because someone wants that policy. That would be a government takeover of the health insurance industry. Didn't you know that these cancelled policies were actually company discontinued policies? I guess you didn't.

Also, the law is a law. Period. And no one is rewriting anything. Where do you get your news? Here?

edit on 12/3/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

NorEaster

beezzer
Government controlled "anything" ends up failing.

Look at USPS.

Freedom is the accelerator.

Did you know that Ben Franklin was the 1st Postmaster General? The USPS started in 1775 (July 26)

I thought you guys wanted the US to preserve the values of the founding fathers? The US Postal System was their 1st ever concern, so think about that when you wear your tri-corner hats with their tea bags dangling.

The founding fathers also created congress. I won't hold them responsible for the bowl of bowel-trash that resembles leadership.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

NorEaster

Also, the law is a law. Period. And no one is rewriting anything. Where do you get your news? Here?

So we shouldn't do the amnesty thing, because the law is the law, right? We should kick those suckers out and start obeying the law because the law is the law, and illegal aliens have broken the law, right?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

beezzer

NorEaster

beezzer

Look at USPS.

Did you know that Ben Franklin was the 1st Postmaster General? The USPS started in 1775 (July 26)

I thought you guys wanted the US to preserve the values of the founding fathers? The US Postal System was their 1st ever concern, so think about that when you wear your tri-corner hats with their tea bags dangling.

The founding fathers also created congress. I won't hold them responsible for the bowl of bowel-trash that resembles leadership.

The point is that the founding fathers didn't want any company or private concern exerting undue control over the public's ability to communicate with one another across distances. The USPS is the last line of defense against corporate control over long distance communication for the American public. That's why the corporate-owned Rightwing has been working so hard to cripple the USPS via recent bizarre congressionally imposed regulations that force it to maintain billions in liquid assets that would bankrupt any other major corporation.

You guys don't seem to really understand who your enemies really are.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

NorEaster

ketsuko

The government can't force any insurance company to continue a specific policy just because someone wants that policy. That would be a government takeover of the health insurance industry. Didn't you know that these cancelled policies were actually company discontinued policies? I guess you didn't.

Those policies that were cancelled were not up to regulatory standards as mandated by HHS under Obamacare. So, the insurance companies cancelled them to be in compliance with the law because, as you say, the law is the law right?

Then, Obama decided that the law isn't really the law and said that companies could keep issuing those policies in defiance of the law for another year. So I guess the law is the law unless it isn't because Obama said so.

Of course, slavery was also the law of the land once, too.
edit on 3-12-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

NorEaster

beezzer

NorEaster

beezzer

Look at USPS.

The point is that the founding fathers didn't want any company or private concern exerting undue control over the public's ability to communicate with one another across distances. The USPS is the last line of defense against corporate control over long distance communication for the American public. That's why the corporate-owned Rightwing has been working so hard to cripple the USPS via recent bizarre congressionally imposed regulations that force it to maintain billions in liquid assets that would bankrupt any other major corporation.

Gee, I thought it was because UPS, FedEx, and email was cheaper.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

beezzer

NorEaster

So we shouldn't do the amnesty thing, because the law is the law, right? We should kick those suckers out and start obeying the law because the law is the law, and illegal aliens have broken the law, right?

I have no idea what you're trying to suggest. This thread is about the ACA (and some bits about what the founding fathers really wanted for their new nation). Either you just had a stroke or you're trying to muddy the waters here. Either way, I'm not interested in discussing whatever it is you're trying to initiate.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

beezzer

NorEaster

beezzer

NorEaster

beezzer

Look at USPS.

Looks like you just learned something then. Good for you.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

NorEaster

beezzer

NorEaster

I have no idea what you're trying to suggest. This thread is about the ACA (and some bits about what the founding fathers really wanted for their new nation). Either you just had a stroke or you're trying to muddy the waters here. Either way, I'm not interested in discussing whatever it is you're trying to initiate.

The law is the law. Either that conveys for all laws, or you're just cherry-picking.

(and people call ME partisan!)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

beezzer

NorEaster

beezzer

NorEaster

beezzer

Look at USPS.

Email is cheaper, but the others are just plain faster and more efficient with better customer service. You can't necessarily blame assets on that.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

ketsuko

NorEaster

ketsuko

Those policies that were cancelled were not up to regulatory standards as mandated by HHS under Obamacare. So, the insurance companies cancelled them to be in compliance with the law because, as you say, the law is the law right?

They don't let car companies sell dangerous pieces of sh*t either. Oh well.

Then, Obama decided that the law isn't really the law and said that companies could keep issuing those policies in defiance of the law for another year. So I guess the law is the law unless it isn't because Obama said so.

The Congress tried to address it with a fast-track bill, but it failed. I don't know what you're talking about. I mean, he talked about it for a bit there. The law didn't change, and the insurance companies refused to go for it.

Of course, slavery was also the law of the land once, too.
edit on 3-12-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

Yeah, as if making it possible for people to afford health care insurance that won't turn around and screw them when they get sick is akin to slavery. Christ.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

ketsuko

beezzer

NorEaster

beezzer

NorEaster

beezzer

Look at USPS.

Email is cheaper, but the others are just plain faster and more efficient with better customer service. You can't necessarily blame assets on that.

The bottomline is that the founding fathers wanted the public to own its own postal system. Period. Do the research. The other services can compete. Why not? Still, that doesn't mean that the USPS should be allowed to disappear so that those others won't have to compete against it.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

"Be your brothers keeper" was supposed to be a suggestion, not a mandate.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

beezzer

Tell it to Jesus. I don't care what you do.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

NorEaster

beezzer

Tell it to Jesus. I don't care what you do.

And I don't care what you do.

See? We agree. You want to cherry-pick the laws you support (just like the president) and you don't care what I do, so why should you or anyone else care if I get insurance or not?

So it appears that you are for the freedom to opt out of healthcare.

Bully for you!

link   

beezzer

NorEaster

beezzer

NorEaster

The law is the law. Either that conveys for all laws, or you're just cherry-picking.

If I ever bother to waste my time in a immigration reform thread then you can ask me what I think about it. This isn't a thread about immigration reform. You want me badgering you about the controversial history of the Standard Model of Physics, and then call you a coward when you refuse to get baited? I can. I have strong ideas about that subject.

link   

Except some people liked the policies they had and had them for specific reasons. And the new policies are larded down with coverages that people do not always need. For exampled, why would a 61-year-old woman need coverage for maternity care, prostate exams, and substance abuse? Shouldn't she have the choice of a policy that doesn't include those if she doesn't want them? Not under Obamacare, but her previous policy offered her that freedom to choose.

But I guess that's a "dangerous piece of crap" for her to have because she can't get her prostate examined or get her impossible baby delivered.

Then, there is the small matter of the sky-high deductibles. Why should I pay close to $1,000/month in premiums for my family only to get a policy that has a yearly deductible pushing $10,000 when our current coverage is an extremely good employer plan PPO for about $400/month with $1,000? Oh right, because Obamacare will make our policy noncompliant next year, too.

I guess I just didn't know how crappy our extremely good plan was and has been for the past decade.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

NorEaster

beezzer

NorEaster

beezzer

NorEaster

If I ever bother to waste my time in a immigration reform thread then you can ask me what I think about it. This isn't a thread about immigration reform. You want me badgering you about the controversial history of the Standard Model of Physics, and then call you a coward when you refuse to get baited? I can. I have strong ideas about that subject.

No.

You said the law is the law.

I countered and stated then that you would be against amnesty because it is against the current law.

You weaseled out.

*yawn*

I win.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'll admit I don't know a lot about the ACA. I work 55-60 hours a week and bring home enough to pay rent on a three bedroom apartment, make a car payment, pay utilities and buy food and gas. I'm lucky if I am $70 to the good at the end of any given month.

Healthcare is broken and it is a farce. I just paid a $30 copay and $63 in prescriptions to have my wife seen and be treated for acute Migraine (her first in several years). That is 3/4 my food budget for feeding a family of 4, including 2 teenagers, for a week.

Part of the problem? At best she needed 4 pills. She got 36 and there was no shorting the amount. She has had 4 migraines in 16 years, so I guess I just bought enough meds to see her through until 2036.

Forget the politics. If a guy who works 60 hours a week can barely afford to see a doctor, and has to cut the food budget for a week to do it, we're screwed either way.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join