It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALEC’s Extreme Legislative Agenda for 2014

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
prwatch.org...

ALEC posted part of its legislative agendas for the meeting for the first time this month, while continuing to hide its funders and corporate authors of special interest legislation, as the Center for Media and Democracy (CMD) has reported. On ALEC's agenda for 2014 are the following priorities and bills (which will become official ALEC "models" once passed by the task forces -- with corporate lobbyists voting as equals alongside state legislators -- and approved by the board of directors):

Opposing U.S. Consumers' Right to Know the Origin of Our Food:

Undermining Workers' Rights:

Undermining the Rights of Injured Americans to Hold Corporations Accountable:

Undermining Public Education and Lining the Pockets of For-Profit School Companies:

Stripping Environmental Protections:

Limiting Patient Rights and Undermining Safety Net Programs:

Details and sources are available in the original article at:

prwatch.org...

Then this little gem from the folks that bring you alec:

Koch Plays Even Dirtier Than Usual, Because They Can

In a bizarre but most Koch-ish instance of prosecutorial overreach and just plain vindictiveness, Eric Rosol, a truck driver who for one minute during the 2011 Wisconsin labor protests took part in an Anonymous-driven denial-of-service attack on a Koch toilet paper website, has been sentenced to two years probation and a fine of $183,000 - the amount the Kochs spent to hire a consultant to protect the site when they heard about the planned attack. With a nifty interactive chart showing the connections between various Koch multi-billion-dollar conservative enterprises to which $183,000 is an indiscernible drop in the slimy bucket.

www.commondreams.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Your link is a Wisconsin leftist activist front that receives funding from the following:

American Legacy Foundation • Bauman Family Foundation • Careth Foundation • Carolyn Foundation • Changing Horizons Charitable Trust • Courtney's Foundation • CS Fund • Deer Creek Foundation • Educational Foundation of America • Ettinger Foundation • Ford Foundation • Foundation for Deep Ecology • Foundation for Political Management • Funding Exchange • Richard & Rhoda Goldman Fund • Grodzins Fund • Helena Rubinstein Foundation • HKH Foundation • Litowitz Foundation • Marisla Foundation • Mostyn Foundation • Open Society Institute • Park Foundation • Public Welfare Foundation • Proteus Fund • V. Kann Rasmussen Foundation • Rockefeller Associates • Rockefeller Family Foundation • Rockwood Fund • Stern Family Fund • Schumann Center for Media and Democracy • Sunlight Foundation • Threshold Foundation • Tides Foundation • Town Creek Foundation • Turner Foundation • Wallace Global Fund • Winslow Foundation

I just bolded the ones that jumped right out at me, but I'm sure they're all winners if I bothered to chase down their money trails, too. Wonder how many can be traced back to Soros since you're specifically going to hit on the ebil Koch brothers.

edit on 3-12-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

ketsuko

Your link is a Wisconsin leftist activist front that receives funding from the following:

American Legacy Foundation • Bauman Family Foundation • Careth Foundation • Carolyn Foundation • Changing Horizons Charitable Trust • Courtney's Foundation • CS Fund • Deer Creek Foundation • Educational Foundation of America • Ettinger Foundation • Ford Foundation • Foundation for Deep Ecology • Foundation for Political Management • Funding Exchange • Richard & Rhoda Goldman Fund • Grodzins Fund • Helena Rubinstein Foundation • HKH Foundation • Litowitz Foundation • Marisla Foundation • Mostyn Foundation • Open Society Institute • Park Foundation • Public Welfare Foundation • Proteus Fund • V. Kann Rasmussen Foundation • Rockefeller Associates • Rockefeller Family Foundation • Rockwood Fund • Stern Family Fund • Schumann Center for Media and Democracy • Sunlight Foundation • Threshold Foundation • Tides Foundation • Town Creek Foundation • Turner Foundation • Wallace Global Fund • Winslow Foundation

I just bolded the ones that jumped right out at me, but I'm sure they're all winners if I bothered to chase down their money trails, too. Wonder how many can be traced back to Soros since you're specifically going to hit on the ebil Koch brothers.

The OP should try to find that agenda outline on ALEC.org web site. I don't think he can do it because it's not there. They are purely fabricated by the author of that blog.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

The op did get it from Alec. Here's a link:

www.alec.org...

Most, not all, left leaning writers and groups base their arguments on facts. They will sometimes leave out facts that don't jive with their point but not often. The left also reports where they got their facts from.

There used to be well thought out and sourced right writing but I have see any in years.

LIes, twisted language and sensationalizism based on 'authority' without fact or reason.

Where does the money for alec come from - it's hidden. The left declares their donors and many outlets sneak by on individual small donations. Not so the well funded right stink tanks.

Repeatedly, I've asked ATS members on the right of center to share well sourced and well written news and opinion outlets with transparent funding. After a year, I've yet to receive a single one.

I listen to right wing radio a bit each day and I'd like to read some as well - but I require logic, reason and consistancy in arguments - acknowledgement of opposing viewpoints, and supporting links and references.

The word ignorance comes to mind - willful ignorance and delusion.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Bilk22

ketsuko

The OP should try to find that agenda outline on ALEC.org web site. I don't think he can do it because it's not there. They are purely fabricated by the author of that blog.

On an important note: You do not dispute the content of the article just disparage the source of the article and it's writer.

Again willful ignorance. Or maybe not, which makes it even sadder.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

www.alec.org...

All that shows is a schedule and topics !!

Nothing at all about details like said.

..* Desperate * Failure !!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

xuenchen

www.alec.org...

All that shows is a schedule and topics !!

Nothing at all about details like said.

..* Desperate * Failure !!

Exactly! They took the agenda and ascribed their own interpretation to it. The OP and the blog they linked to, presented it as the exact transcript of the event. Talk about playing loose with the facts

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I'm sure people are aware that you can go to ALEC.org and look through their nonsense... er points of view. Most Bills being put forth by the GOP on the local and national level originate with ALEC. Essentially this means that Corporations are writing laws.

Fyrebyrd is exactly right.
SF

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Kali74
I'm sure people are aware that you can go to ALEC.org and look through their nonsense... er points of view. Most Bills being put forth by the GOP on the local and national level originate with ALEC. Essentially this means that Corporations are writing laws.

Fyrebyrd is exactly right.
SF
Yeah not quite like letting the big pharm write the most far reaching, most intrusive anfd most costly legislation in history.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Most of which originated with ALEC and the GOP.

ETA Sorry not ALEC, The Heritage Foundation.
edit on 12/4/2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

join