It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My issue with 'proof' of alien existence.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

JadeStar

Meanwhile cultures whose creation myths have to do with coming out of the earth, or sea or a fiery volcano get overlooked.

Name some please.

And, I don't think that many of the Ancient Astro-dude stuff is "creating" myth, more like continuing it.

The notion that One's ancestors came from Sirius actually appears in the majority of myths like this, usually in conjunction with Orion. The Pleiades also figures prominently in myth.

Now, you and I both know there is no naturally occurring life either near Sirius, or the Pleiades, or at least no complex life. Yet the stories exist.

By the way, an example of a modern myth might be the Grays of Zeta Reticuli -- any they are all but proven real.

edit on 5-12-2013 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tanka418

Let me ask if I may?

"Now, you and I both know there is no naturally occurring life either near Sirius, or the Pleiades, or at least no complex life. Yet the stories exist."

How do you know there is no complex life there?

"By the way, an example of a modern myth might be the Grays of Zeta Reticuli -- any they are all but proven real."

What do you mean "they are all but proven real"?

Thanks
edit on 5-12-2013 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

midicon

Let me ask if I may?

"Now, you and I both know there is no naturally occurring life either near Sirius, or the Pleiades, or at least no complex life. Yet the stories exist."

How do you know there is no complex life there?

In both cases the stars are too young. In the case of the Pleiades about 150 million years, for Sirius; 400 million years. Sirius has other issues that will tend to retard biological evolution.

"By the way, an example of a modern myth might be the Grays of Zeta Reticuli -- any they are all but proven real."

What do you mean "they are all but proven real"?

In the case of Zeta Reticuli we have the "Hill Star Map". Every star on the map is "insignificant" and capable of supporting life like Earth has. There are even 3 - 5 known habitable zone planets. And, in every single instance the stars are also old enough to support life as evolved as Earth. Ya don't get much closer without ET actually "standing there".

edit on 5-12-2013 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Going by the various dubba and other texts I would have to agree with everything that you`ve said here so far as you seem to have a good head on your shoulders about the matter. I have said what you have here for years to people in real life but everyone is too caught up in the Von Daniken and Sitchin garbage to actually listen. If I could flag and applaude your responses I would. Just stared them instead. (Off topic but nice avatar. is it your own art?)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

"In the case of Zeta Reticuli we have the "Hill Star Map". Every star on the map is "insignificant" and capable of supporting life like Earth has. There are even 3 - 5 known habitable zone planets. And, in every single instance the stars are also old enough to support life as evolved as Earth. Ya don't get much closer without ET actually "standing there"."

Well I gave it a go and read up on the 'star map' and of course its provenance.

I think I would have to get a bit closer...but thanks for replying.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

midicon

Well I gave it a go and read up on the 'star map' and of course its provenance.

I think I would have to get a bit closer...but thanks for replying.

Have you read this thread?

Getting "closer" may not be possible, and this evidence alters the probabilities very significantly.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I read the thread and I also re-read at my leisure some literature I have at home. On top of that as previously stated I browsed online so I have a reasonable amount of input on the Hill abduction case.

I always try to be honest...sometimes to my detriment as it is easy to offend people.

For me anyway, the whole 'Hill abduction saga' reads like a bad fifties science fiction movie. It is a child of its time. Do you really think aliens are going to pull out star maps and books?
I am more than amazed that anyone would devote years of their time on this nonsense. Then again let's not forget that so many people are ready to believe anything.

Please don't be offended by this response as I do appreciate any time taken to reply. I am also aware that this is only my opinion and that yours is very different.

edit on 7-12-2013 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

no worries...though it would appear that you do not grasp the statistical significance of the map.

You are aware: the map made predictions on astronomy; specifically that Zeta Reticuli is a binary star, data that was not known until years after the map was published. The map also depicts a "route" of some sort; all to habitable stars, one with two planets inside the HZ.

Basically, if One were to find, just sort of lying about, a map of inhabited star systems; it would look "just like" the Hill map. The fact that the map is 71% "G" class stars, when space itself is made up of 76% "M" class stars is also significant (the map itself contains NO "M" class stars). These stars being "insignificant" also add a good deal of statistical significance; none of these stars "stand out". They are not bright, in fact, some can't even be seen well with the naked eye, making their selection more significant.

The age of stars, while not well understood, also plays a role in the probability of that star harboring advanced life. In the case f the Hill Map, we find no stars younger than about the age of Sol. This of course makes all the stars prime candidates for life, not unlike what is found on Earth.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You, yourself are not completely convinced and you must know all the counter-arguments that detract from its validity.

I would have been more impressed if he had shown said star map on a computer screen and given her an i-pad rather than a book...or somesuch. Flying saucers, books and maps....! Trade routes...!

Anyway I enjoyed the journey into the enjoyable world of alien abduction.

The star map sadly doesn't convince me...its provenance and subsequent investigation doesn't really prove anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join