It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare Wave Building Against Senate Democrats

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Why the hell do you want a republican president? Like they will be any better.

Sheesh

Dont people get both your main Partys are useless, you need a thrid option.

You need to re-read the original post. Nowhere did I say that I wanted a republican president. I asked what would happen if both houses are dominated by the republicans as it looks like a possibility now.

Believe me, we're aware that we need new political options. We're living the mess.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

DonVoigt
reply to post by Bassago

Once majority is gained by the republicans in the senate , they will have a majority in both houses once they have a majority in both houses they will begin impeachment proceedings against Obama. They have already said the reason they don't start impeachment proceedings yet is that they didn't have enough votes in the senate for the impeachment to stick , without a majority vote in both houses impeachment proceedings would be nothing more than symbolic. With a majority in both houses Obama gets impeached and removed from the white house with great shame, that is why they are waiting til after the midterm election when they have enough votes to remove Obama.

I don't know about that.

I think they need to have something truly titanic to use against Obama in order for them to have the spine to actually impeach him. They would have to have a lot more evidence than they are currently showing.

And if they did impeach him, I expect the country to go nuts in a bad way which is why they would have to have something truly titanically bad to impeach him on. I'm talking irrefutable smoking gun style evidence on Fast and Furious, Benghazi and throw in some really blatant illegalities from the Oval Office now that he's lost both chambers of Congress.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Shotgun Joe will be viewed like Gerald Ford as Nixon's successor , " do what your told til the term ends, or else. "

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

The republicans have already said they have enough evidence to impeach him, they just don't have enough guaranteed votes to make the impeachment stick until after they take back the senate, once they take back the senate, Obama will be arrested , he will be convicted and removed. We all know how this works with democrats standing by him on party lines even though they know he's guilty, which is to bad cause when the democrats lose the senate, and impeachment proceedings start any democrat that stood by him will be demonized by the American people for not breaking party lines over Obama's criminal behavior. Notice how repubs stood together against Obamacare pin multiple occasions, the reason they did that is because they knew well in advance that this is what it would come to.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

I'll believe it when I see it. I just don't think half the 'Pubs have any real interest in getting rid of Obama.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

I don't know. I can see it going the same way Mr. Clinton's impeachment went. He'll be acquitted, and all swept away, and blown off like no big deal.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

It sure would. Good times...

2nd

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree...the only difference between the GOP and the Democrats is the vast array of different ways they screw us over.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This report is pertinent to discussion here,

House Hearing on Obamas Unilateral Action to Cease Enforcing Laws

Congress is taking initial steps to get on record the reasons to impeach Obama based on his refusal of Constitutional duty to carry out the laws as the Congress passed as head of the executive branch.

Its DOMA, Immigration, PPACA and Exchange laws arbitrarily unenforced or changed by decree or fiat.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

grey580
reply to post by BobM88

Be nice to have a surplus again.

We never had a surplus. All Clinton did was to remove money from designated accounts into the General Fund and delay the expenditures that those accounts were to cover. For a few years it looked like a surplus, until the bills came due.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

My opinion is that this has been planned all along, the government is going to have to offer up a sacrifice for the dumb crap they have been pulling, and who better for them to turn on, than the idiot,useless, inexperienced expendible community organizer moron that they placed in the white house for just this purpose.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

I read the link but I still am frustrated (not at you of course)...

If this stuff were so bad why are they not doing anything TODAY? Congress is receiving paychecks TODAY, yes? Therefore they are obliged to do their job TODAY.

Why wait and plan this grand theater? Why posture? If the Executive is guilty of violating the Constitution, the Legislature is guilty of not providing checks and balances as required. TODAY!

At best it is farce. On a sober day it is willful negligence.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

ABNARTY
reply to post by Phoenix

If this stuff were so bad why are they not doing anything TODAY? Congress is receiving paychecks TODAY, yes? Therefore they are obliged to do their job TODAY.

Why wait and plan this grand theater? Why posture? If the Executive is guilty of violating the Constitution, the Legislature is guilty of not providing checks and balances as required. TODAY!

At best it is farce. On a sober day it is willful negligence.

Yes they should be doing their jobs now but they know for a fact they could never get an impeachment to stick in the senate. Not with a democratic majority.

They're willing to make a scene on obamacare just to state their position. For an impeachment they want to actually have a chance if it comes to it. Otherwise they look lame... more lame.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

xuenchen
If the Senate goes big with Republicans and the House stays with Republicans....

Obama will be soooo lame he will go nuts with executive orders and wild with rules and regulations within the Cabinet departments.

His nastiness will exceed all expectations.

He will do everything possible to make people "PAY" !!!

He holds grudges and is revenge crazed.

His staff will make the White House unlivable when he finally exits. Major repairs and remodeling will be necessary.

edit on Dec-03-2013 by xuenchen because:

You weren't counting on getting any of that Social Security were you? Hell they spent it all thirty or thirty-five years ago anyway. What a Country Crock: they're all crooks.

Think of the bright side... after we've all starved to death, Barry will still be susceptible to a conviction by the now- red shifted Senate for at least one item on his laundry list of wrongdoings. It would be hard to see this as anything other than a deliberate swing of the pendulum back into fascism with no need for left cover. And the circus will take a little sting off the dollar crash; also waiting for another whack at it.

So here come the Austrian Schoolers-- and their final fatal squeeze of every social safety net we ever had. Gotta balance the budget and retain power, even if it means killing the whole population.

Then it could conceivably (ahem) surface at exactly the perfect time that he's not even eligible to be in there, and without valid citizenship will dematerialize from the bridge of the Criminal Enterprise... without a scratch and six or seven fat book deals. I can dream. You can't impeach a man for treason unless he's a bona fide citizen. Ain't it perfect?

As far as remodeling is concerned, our Man from Vlad(ivostok) might just be getting warmed up. I personally feel Detroit was the Chapter Nine testes balloon that's going to be our total financial dooooom pathogen. But I'm not Dennis, I'm usually wrong.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

I agree with others, it'll be decided by the mid-term elections. Goes red team impeachment, goes blue team nothing but what we have now.

Detroit is a bad omen and may open floodgates and we may not care about mid-terms, not only Detroit but we are creeping up on another budget and debt deadline as well and rumor is the fed has to start some form tapering mid-month.

Big storm coming.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I guess I was not articulate enough my friend...

I got it with a need for political capital to make something happen, etc.

My point is more generic, maybe a tangent. If you or I were to step on the role of the federal government (see 10th amendment), we would get slammed immediately. If I started printing currency for example. Not my lane and Uncle Sam will immediately bring the hammer down.

Yet when they are required to execute something by the same document and don't, no hammer. Ever. Or maybe they will get to it when it is politically convenient or beneficial for their “side”.
This culture in DC really does not care what the law says and probably has no clue what they are supposed to do. Heck, they don’t even read what they legislate. I know a lot of folks jump on the President. Granted he is deserving. What about the rest of them?

Why cherry pick when to impeach? Impeachment is there to preserve the integrity of the system. So we will wait to preserve something?

Just me ranting. PO-ed about the whole mess. Laws are only for me and you, not them.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

I agree with the inevitibility. Funny money can't last forever.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

The Reps WILL Take Control of the Senate , Obamacare Made SURE of that .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join