It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare Wave Building Against Senate Democrats

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Not sure how much validity I put in the polls conducted by either the right or left but this one feels like it may have some substance. Can't say I'm surprised that obamacare is going to come back and bite the democrats in the tush.

I guess my main concern is even if this happens, we get a republican dominated senate, without a republican president or super majority they still can't roll back obamacare. So what are they going to do? Focus on rolling back food stamps and such? At a time when the US economy is in the trashcan this whole thing is worrying.

Polls Show ObamaCare Wave Building Against Senate Democrats

Recent polling shows that an election wave of anti-ObamaCare sentiment is growing, and it is not only likely to hand the GOP control of the United States Senate, but might wipe out as many as 12 Democrat seats--many of which looked safe just a few months ago.

Back in July, Five Thirty Eight's election guru Nate Silver believed that control of the Senate was a tossup. That has all changed now that voters got their first real look at the brutal consequences of ObamaCare.

The article has a list of six democrat senators who appear to be in substantial trouble. And the list appears to be growing. My concern is if there is a turnover in the senate what can we expect in the future for America? My guess is more years of gridlock and the presidential veto stamp will be working overtime.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Bassago
My concern is if there is a turnover in the senate what can we expect in the future for America? My guess is more years of gridlock and the presidential veto stamp will be working overtime.

As frustrating as it can be to see Washington do nothing, sometimes its best when that's exactly what they do. God knows they can wreak enough havoc as it is. I, personally, like split power in government. Congress in the hands of the opposite party of the POTUS.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The hype will pass over and like it has been happening for a long time, people will forget about it.

"omg is that iPhone 6899?.. i so want one!"

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Bassago
My guess is more years of gridlock...

One can only hope. Political gridlock is the only net positive to come out of the foreign city-state of the District of Columbia. Think of where we'd be if either party had full reign. The only thing that has saved us from being totally gobbled up by the bureaucracy is its inefficiency.

Partisanship and a divided legislature has actually afforded this country a brief respite from the inevitable deep dark hole looming ahead. I guess it doesn't matter either way, a few extra years might be nice, but the ultimate conclusion is sadly inevitable.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

This happened under Clinton didn't it?
Seems that when there's a dem in the WH and reps in congress that things work just fine.

Be nice to have a surplus again.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If the Senate goes big with Republicans and the House stays with Republicans....

Obama will be soooo lame he will go nuts with executive orders and wild with rules and regulations within the Cabinet departments.

His nastiness will exceed all expectations.

He will do everything possible to make people "PAY" !!!

He holds grudges and is revenge crazed.

His staff will make the White House unlivable when he finally exits. Major repairs and remodeling will be necessary.

edit on Dec-03-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

One can only hope. Political gridlock is the only net positive to come out of the foreign city-state of the District of Columbia. Think of where we'd be if either party had full reign.

I suppose you're right and how sad is that? Gridlock as a net positive, we're in deep trouble. Frankly I can't see anyway out of the mess in DC. Things are entrenched along party platforms more than I can remember in my lifetime. Maybe the only way we have left if up but color me skeptical.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
No way will the Republicans take the Senate. Will the approval rating they have now they will be lucky to hold onto anything.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Once majority is gained by the republicans in the senate , they will have a majority in both houses once they have a majority in both houses they will begin impeachment proceedings against Obama. They have already said the reason they don't start impeachment proceedings yet is that they didn't have enough votes in the senate for the impeachment to stick , without a majority vote in both houses impeachment proceedings would be nothing more than symbolic. With a majority in both houses Obama gets impeached and removed from the white house with great shame, that is why they are waiting til after the midterm election when they have enough votes to remove Obama.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Sshhhhhhhhh...didn't you get the memo? We're not allowed to call it Obamacare anymore. That came straight from the White House. It's now only to be referred to in all media as the ACA...affordable care act.

Even Obama is cringing at it being called Obamacare now. I can hear it now. Months before the coming elections, every single commercial we are bombarded with, will be shouting OBAMACARE.

Methinks the poor Dems who celebrated with much glee, ramming this debacle down our throats, do have a lot to worry about. If this Obamacare fiasco continues to grow like algae in a pond on hot summer days, I doubt some of them could get voted in as dog catcher.
Des

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Friends, forget the wave; we're talking about a flood of biblical proportions washing away dems who rammed through and supported this disastrous law. Wave 'bye-bye' democrat senators.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

buster2010
No way will the Republicans take the Senate. Will the approval rating they have now they will be lucky to hold onto anything.

Ahem...didn't our President have a high approval rating just a mere few months ago? He sure as hell doesn't now.

Approval ratings change like the wind with public opinion. Sorry, Obamacare will take down the Dems as more and more people become aware of what has been done to them. They will express their outrage at the polls, with a vote. The ones that they strike out at first will be their own State representatives. That's the way it works.

You can hang onto your approval rating numbers if that makes you feel better....they actually mean nothing now that the cat is out of the bag....

Des

edit on 3-12-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

With a majority in both houses Obama gets impeached and removed from the white house with great shame

Quite possible, even probable.

And then we get stuck with crazy old Joe. That guy is simply not all there in the head.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I'll take 'Crazy Old Joe' any day over 'Barack The Incompetent'!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

You know, what scares me is that you're right, Des.

It will take down the Dems and there is probably -0 chance of a Democrat getting the White House in '16 or having a good showing in Congress for the midterms. People are hurt, they are about to be hurt much worse and they can now see it. Only one side has been hawking this like rug merchants in an open air market. That's who will get the hate, full force.

Why does that scare me?

Look at what the GOP is lining up to take what may be as much a milk run as Reagan following Carter. I don't see any of them yet that I'd be any more comfortable living under. Oh, they'd be bad in different ways...but someone like Christie? The others? Oh...No...! It may not even be a hard fought run, if this really implodes.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Why is Queen Nancy Pelosi NOT on that list? That woman really needs to be made to eat her damn words!

I say just vote out every incumbent up for re-election. They are all trash at this point.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
What's sad is that all the voters, being frustrated with the Democrats, will vote Republican. This should sound familiar to anyone who is paying attention since it happened 5 years ago in 2008 except in reverse. So Americans get fed up with one party then vote in the other party the next election, then when they are fed up with that party they vote in the previous party. Do people honestly think that the party that they voted out previously has learned their lesson and will do a better job now?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Why the hell do you want a republican president? Like they will be any better.

Sheesh

Dont people get both your main Partys are useless, you need a thrid option.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

IAMTAT
reply to post by Bassago

I'll take 'Crazy Old Joe' any day over 'Barack The Incompetent'!

It's not "Crazy Old Joe". He's now "Shotgun Joe"!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

We have a third option. Actually we have a 4th and at least a 5th option as well. It's just that the reigning two political parties have brainwashed it into Americans' heads that they are the only two options (even going so far as to rig the game to not give these other parties a chance in some districts and states). If people would stop listening to the dumb rhetoric coming from the Republicans and the Democrats and start voting for third parties like the Libertarian Party or the Green Party, we'd probably be able to get some real change implemented for once. But nope, Americans want to stupidly believe that a third party vote is a wasted vote or a vote for the Democrats. It is beyond stupid because those perceptions could easily be destroyed by people actually voting for those candidates.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join