It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discuss your craziest dream(s).

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I think that dreams are without a doubt one of life's greatest mysteries. We have dreams that can be very serious and emotive, even heart-rending. On the flip side, we have dreams that are utterly nonsensical.
About half my dreams are totally goofy. Maybe its because I've always liked the absurd. Comedy, cartoons and goofiness in general.
I think it would be fun to post some comments about our crazy dreams. Feel free to offer explanations
of your dream's meanings.

I had a really nutty dream the other night. It was obviously influenced by a recent Thanksgiving get-together at my sister's house. The kids were playing a ring toss game out in the back yard, so I played a couple games with them.
That night I dreamed my dad and I were playing a similar ring-toss game, but instead of the plastic rings
that the game has, we were tossing these huge bulbs of garlic, trying to land them in the middle of a
target ring that was up on a small hilltop. If you missed the target, the garlic would roll down the hill
and points would be deducted. Crazy!

On Thanksgiving, I heard some relatives discussing cooking, and some various spices, including garlic
was mentioned. That MUST be why I had a dream about garlic.

P.S.---Mods, if this is more a 'chit-chat' topic than a 'paranormal' topic, feel free to move it.
edit on 3-12-2013 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

I had a dream I had a battle under water with a giant serpent, but It was cool because the 'people' and I that fought had special things. And the whole game of the dream was trying to break other people from the prison that was in the depths of the ocean.

Dreams of my plane falling out of the sky just a normal flying dream that went bad but I always enjoy those anyways

and dreaming of going to work/school = worse then bad dreams

work: conversating and boredom

school: is a little weirder with no school aspect other then being in one
edit on 3-12-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The strangest dream I ever had, involved the following.

A friend being kidnapped by the Borg of ST, and the Great Gazoo from the Flintstones helping to get him back.

I have no idea what I was smoking that night.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This is interesting:

Dream influences

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is a bit more "rending" than nutty but it's the only dream I've had recently that I remember with any clarity. My boyfriend and I have been watching a lot of Resident Evil lately and just got him a game for Christmas so this is probably where that came from.

In the first part of the dream, I was in the front passenger seat of a van of I guess refugees and I looked back to the occupants in the back and asked if anyone had been bitten or scratched in any way by any zombies carrying the T virus. Two adolescent girls in the back said that they were and they acted all snotty with me like is expected. I told them to get out of my van because they could change at any time.

The next part of the dream, I was randomly in this big shopping complex, the t virus was still going around, and... It was Black Friday! Could you even imagine? Zombified Black Friday frenzy. XD Anyway, I was safe for a bit in this glass entryway when a little boy comes inside looking pretty rough. He was covered in sweat, head drooping, and slumped over. He was probably about five or six years old. I asked him if he'd been scratched or bitten by anyone and he showed me that he was COVERED in bites on his abdomen. I must be relentless whenever it comes to zombies or prospective zombies because my next big idea was to go "Well... Why don't you go play outside? I hear that that helps..." (Trying to get him to leave before things get hairy) I got back "Nah, I don't feel good... I'm just going to stay here..." My next move was to get a heavy object and I was about to kill him by smashing his head in whenever my bf must have rolled over or something and jostled me awake.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Last night I had a dream that there were little flashes all over the sky. I stopped to help a lady when her car had broken down and while I was helping her more and more meteorites filled the sky and we knew it was Ison. While I was watching she took off, in both cars, taking my phone with her so I was left to walk back home. It was weird but I blame ATS as there was a thread about someone asking if Ison fragments might hit Earth.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I had a dream last night, which seemed pretty abnormal to my usual ones...

I was in an area with snow.. the area seemed like slope.. like a mountain. I had a small hut i live in by myself and it seems i work here.... front of my hut is some wild animals... hares, bear cub, few ferrets and a dog, which lived in a big cage..

The dog seemed friendly to me but others were just wild.. they just happen to reside me because the area has strong wind and near me are rubbles from old building.

I somehow got instruction from my employer.. and i had to click on a button everyday.

I been living there for a while now and the dog is getting less friendlier everyday, maybe because i dont interact with it... im scared to go near it anymore, in case it attacks me.

One day i started destroying homes of the wild animals near me for no reason.. and watch them while they try to find shelter in the heavy storm.

Most of them died..the dog lived... i destroyed the dogs cage.. it run into a burrow underground where the hare used to live... soon as it went inside, i block the entrance.

I got a another job offer, this to me was an easy job, but lonely but other job was in Vegas like city....

i am now in this new city... driving on the road... suddenly a guy pull near me in an expensive car and starts taking stuff from my car(while both cars are moving on the road)... he pours some purple drink in my car enough to fill the cars foot wells....he makes me some deal and borrow my car...

i stay at some people's house... outside a police was writing a ticket, which i thought was my car... so i tried to stop him saying im leaving.. but it wasn't my car... it was the neighbors car.... who happened to get arrested just then..

My car is at the car wash.. i tried to get it but they wont give it to me.. told me i wasn't the one who dropped it off...

i was back in the sloppy snow mountain.. now it has a big building like a factory... someone inside... my job was being taken care of by that person...i tried to get the job back.. i fell of the ledge...

i woke up.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I once dreamt that i was in a dark parking lot at night. And i was a vampire slayer. Except the vampires were hissing peewee hermans and i tried to behead them with a disposable plastic knife.
When i woke up i was just like, what the hell is wrong with me?

edit on 3-12-2013 by dashen because: what the heck?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
When I was a teen, I had my weirdest dream ever. I was basically working with a professor who (don't laugh) had a talking goat as a lab assistant and we ventured down into Hell to stop something. We sneaked into a large cavernous room filled with people sitting in chairs in neat little rows with a wide aisle in the center cutting the "viewers" into two segments. The room looked like an immense cavern cut out of blood red rock and at the front of the room, there was a large screen. Violent images flashed upon the screen with words popping up between the images (very Clockwork Orange like but I hadn't ever seen the movie at the time of the dream) and the talking goat whispered to me that a demon, Baltazhaya, was programming all of these people to commit evil upon the earth and that we had to stop it. I woke up.

I still laugh about that dream because in a way, it's hilarious albeit super creepy at the same time, too. I was an imaginative kid once apparently, lol.

My second most creepy dream is of a similar theme. The dreams are in black and white (usually dream in color) and are flashing "documents" with tessellations interspersed between them. I've only had that kind of dream twice but the second time was during a nap with my fiance. He awoke me because I was convulsing during it. That was super creepy.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
A friend of mine had a dream when he was young (about 12-13 yrs old) that just cracks me up. He said it was so goofy that he never forgot it.
His bedroom was up on the second floor, and when he came down the stairs in the morning, his parents would be sitting at the dining room table having their morning coffee.

He had a dream that he came running down the stairs in a big hurry and was running to the front door. He was in a state of panic. His dad was at the table and asked, "What the heck is going on? What are you so excited about?" As he was heading out of the house, my friend yelled back to his dad: "I've got to oil the garage door!!" Like the world's salvation depended upon it.
He said it was like a 10-second dream.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

My dreams have always been relatively fun and enjoyable. Of course, I've had the odd nightmare from time to time which made me feel literally ill. However, in the past year I've noticed a growing trend in my subconscience shenanigans. My dreams now revolve around stress, lots and lots of stress. I now wake feeling drained. These "stress dreams" aren't nightmares, just situations where I have to really stress out in. Like running from place to place, trying to appease people or preventing something from happening.

But every once in a while, I'll have "way out there" dreams. Like one I had the night before yesterday.

It starts out that I'm going to visit a friend. So I call a taxi to come pick me up. The taxi itself is a white van with two guys and a very large glass jar. To me in the dream, this is normal. I know exactly what to do. So I get into the jar, and as they close the lid I realize I'm morbidly obese and greased up. My "fat" is squishing against the sides of the container, my face mushed up against the glass. Every time I move, I make a squeaking sound. (Like taking your dry hand and pulling it down a glass window.)

I'm loaded in the back of the white van, next thing I know they open the doors again and I'm at my friends house. They cart me over to his door and ring his doorbell. He comes out and greets me (like this is all normal) and I see myself through his perspective. I was facing the wrong way, so my overly large and greasy body maneuvers itself around to face him, my face squeaks as it rubs against the glass as I face him and smile. He and the two guys proceed to open the jar (like the lid of a jam jar) and I come out.

As I leave the jar, I'm back to my old self and fully clothed. The guys cart the jar back to their van and drive off as I enter my friends house. He says, "I'm glad you could come over to hang out" and we walk to his rear window.

He literally "slips" out and up, I do the same. We're now hanging upside down outside his window from a roof overhang. We look out towards the city (which looks the same, but feels really off) and I say, "We should hang out more often".

I wake up with an odd feeling and start my day.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Not so much a discussion because I dona't have any answers... but worth noting even after all these years.. for me, anyway.

1969 - I was sick with a flu in Savannah, Ga. and was missing class terribly. On one night... well, actually in the early morning, I had a dream of being on a bridge... one with an iron superstructure... not something so modern. There were friends around me but they were all busy trying to get in cars and buses while I was like on top of a bus or a car on that bridge.

That may sound like nothing to you but the memory to me is still crisp, even after almost 50 years.
In this dream there were other things... like people holding signs from rooftops and poles... and hanging from ropes from all the buildings... some falling... some throwing things.

Fever-dreams? Maybe... but it was something I will never forget.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Oh fun! Thanks for giving us a place to recount and share our dreams.

I have two dreams that amuse me and one that scares the piss out me.

I have shared this one before on here, I was a space explorer/trashlady. My job was to pick up trash on the moon, I remember vividly looking at earth from the moon, I enjoyed this dream and have often wished that I was a painter because I sure would like to see this outside of sleep.

In one I had a dream that earth was dying and the humans who survived were very few, but my family was all there. We were being shipped off to another planet. I was sad to see earth fading away but when we got to this new planet the very first thing that stood out was a Mcdonalds was already set up. I hate Mcdonalds, but found this amusing and comforting anyhow.

The last dream scared the crap out of me. Again earth was dying, like literally fading away. Mountains were shrinking, the earth was disappearing. I made it to the last bit of earth left, with my family, the last thity feet or so of earth was wasting away under us, we were scared and crying. Our oxygen was depleting but we found the last tool of survival a small eight person space ship and we got on with two other survivors. Happy and sad we realized the oxygen on the ship would be gone soon too and we took off just to slowly drift out of consciousness anyway.

I have a lot of dreams about other planets, space ships, earths destruction etc....enough to fill up pages of stories but this last one really messed me up for days.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

Your one didn't sound like a dream. It sounds like some of the things some hero's do at night, rescuing folk from bases, sometimes escaping being caught, tied up, dealing with lower feeders, all sort of things. Possibly astral.
edit on 3-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

One dream I had fairly recently was about a giant air craft carrier and I knew it was britain, the ship broke in two and started to sink, there were a group of old people, men and woman in the hold singing rule britannia as the water rose over the legs then they dissapeared under the water and I saw the two halve of the ship sink out of sight forever.

The other night I dreamed I was looking at a small roman temple that I knew was a church, it had two columns at the front and next to it was a larger building I knew was some kind of monastery with the words PAX which is latin for peace on the white wall of its side, the two buildings were in ruins, next I was looking down a circular hole with a wooden latice over it and another half way down, at the bottom was a coffin and I knew it was a female saint whom I do not rememer but in my dream I was asking her to pray for us, then I was in some cave somewere and was walking on a swaying board and rope plaform with the ropes starting to snap as I walked to I got down on my stomach and was able to lower myself to another more stable rope and board platform beneath it then a man and woman came to help me up.
Then I was walking throuth a river tunnel up to my knees in water and there were two rivers emptyint into the river I was walking in from either side and two paths going up the out of the river through trees as I seemed to have left the cave behind, I walked up the left path and there was a white buidling but for corrections and I walked through the car park with these other people and out then I awoke.

Recently I have lost my job, I worked as security in a supermarket in lancashire and the manager may have been involved in a fire there to cover his own theft from the back but I was only a sub contractor and he wanted rid of me because I think he knew I was starting to piece what he was up to together, On the 12th of july 2012 there was a fire and he was the last one in the office were the fire mysteriously started, an hour and a half before carol another manager had told jeff that there was a problem with the books and he had gone white in the face saying to her "how much", about an hour after he had said to her were are the documents (I was about 12 feet away on both occasions, he rang the store manager peter as he jeff was the assistant and duty on the day then went upstairs and came back down 20 minutes later then the fire alarms sounded and he yelled like he wanted to panick people "get them out its a real fire", after the sprinklers kicked in and the fire service came and said it was out he went in to the storage area (Warehouse) I followed naively wanting to help but he seemed upset I was there as he wanted to be in the warehouse by himself, He never even thanked my attempt to help him, They wrote off so much stock they gave the police 6 perfectly dry undamaged televisions to sell for charity (a kind of bribe not to investigate and that was cleared by the store manager peter - he also lied about what was in the office claiming it was full of stock when in fact it had only stationary and uniforms as the warehouse is were we kept stock and not up a flight of stairs in a pokey cubpoard office) so this was how he fixed the books to cover his own theft , the documanets were on the dest and the fire started in document tray next to the desk, engineers could find no fault but after a while they said it was electrical though the walls were inact and the fire was contained away from any socket or cabling, on another occasion twelve hundred pound of champaign was stolen on the other guards shift and recovered thanks to a former store worker whom happened by but jeff and peter wrote it down as nine hundred pound worth and him and peter split three hundred pound of chapaign between them, Some petty cash in a staff function collection was stolen from a locked box he had access to £400 I think, He also lets his friend whom has a shop buy all the special offers while stopping other business owners doing the same thing which means the goods that are on offer as an incentive to customers were in lower supply to them because his friend was able to bulk purchase them, He also set me up to be assaulted by an aquainantance of his whom is a known local loan shark (whom had a girl whom he said owed him £50 blinded for not paying him his endless interest), I was able for the loan shark so he found another excuse to have me lose my job by making the same load shark assault me in the store and when I defended myself he told me he wanted me off site for assaulting a customer (all I did was push the guy away and tell him never to touch me again), SO I am stressed As for 5 weeks I have not had a wage coming in and Am flat broke, my union have been no help USDAW and I am feeling ill constantly because of this as I am a carer with no money but what I earned from eight years in a Tesco.
Tesco have been informed but they will likely never act on this information, this stress will explain my dreams the psychology of stress and the sleeping mind as I feel like I am falling even now with my stomach aching and turning from the stress.
Anyway burscough can do its own thing now as I am no longer there to keep the fox out of the hen house.
The reason I have told you this is so you can compare stress and emotion to the dreams I have had and how that might relate to your thread.
God bless.

edit on 3-12-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I think my strangest dream was a cannibalisation dream (a few years ago now). We were eating barbecued human flesh. It kind of freaked me out a bit and I looked at the various interpretations of such imagery; No comfort there.

It was a forearm of a white person I was eating if you must know.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Oh man, I've had some really wild dreams. In one recently I was a mermaid queen because my skin was blue and the other merpeople had green skin. LOL

Had a dream once where butterflies were teaching me their language and then someone came over and it pissed me off because they scared the butterflies away.

In another dream, I was being taught how to fly by some winged being and it was sooooo easy.

Had a lot of the alien invasion type dreams too. LOL
edit on 4-12-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments everyone. I read them all and found them very interesting.
As I said, I think dreams are fascinating and very mysterious.

My nephew was over a while ago and we discussed some dream memories. He's 13 yrs old.
He said it was interesting how you can be so scared after waking from a dream during the night, and then
laugh about it during the day\waking hours. Like "Why did that scare me?!?"

I hope more people come here and talk about their dreams.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Simply put, when very specific elements of your dreams (Scenarios, words, phrases) bleed into waking life and smack you across the brain as if it's completely normal.

My craziest dream was when I created the Universe.

edit on 6-12-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Night terrors anyone? They are difficult to describe, but here goes...

There is a feeling of slowness, a god awful slowness that is the worst feeling in the world. If feels like madness or having your soul slowly ripped out. Surely some of you will recognize this slowness, and you have goosebumbs just reading this.

Then there are the dissonant parings. Big and small occupying the same space. Things growing larger or smaller without actually changing size. Things moving both fast and slow at the same time. A sound which is either a roaring silence or a deafening noise. Movement, geometric shapes.

Basically cognitive dissonance in the parts of the brain that deal with spatial relations. Concepts like Big and Small are intrinsically related, you can't have big without something small to compare it to. Usually we are used to thinking of those concepts once at a time, like how you can only look at one side of a coin. Night terrors are when the mind tries to use the whole structure instead of just one side of the coin. This creates the most intense vertigo, which is what that god awful slow feeling is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join