It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Swedish scientists have identified a new strain of HIV that appears to progress much faster than most previously identified variations of the virus.

The new strain, known as A3/02, is a recombinant, meaning it is a cross between two previously identified HIV strains. Writing in the Journal of Infectious Diseases, Lund University researchers said that the infection moves from HIV to full-blown AIDS in about five years, nearly two- to two-and-a-half years faster than most previously known strains.

Uh oh, something tells me this must be lab made...

Aggressive new HIV strain found

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Now when two viruses love each other very much they rub together, and create new strains that kill much faster, and they like to hop on planes and spread there love everywhere.
edit on 3-12-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Uh oh, something tells me this must be lab made…

What tells you that?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Simple solution... Don't have unprotected sex with strangers.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

When your sexually liberated that's a tough order to fill my friend

but yeah 'look before you buy'
edit on 3-12-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

Every time I ever had unprotected one-night stand I always felt horrible about the "unknown" after, whether it be STD's or HIV or whatever... After having that feeling a few times more than i'd like to admit ive stopped doing it

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

This is horrible.
Pretty soon it will be so unsafe to have sex that eventually some disease will come out that makes your thing explode.

Yick.
edit on 3-12-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
More HIV coming from Africa? Wtf?!??! Someone send some condoms over there please!
edit on 3-12-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

jhn7537

Every time I ever had unprotected one-night stand I always felt horrible about the "unknown" after, whether it be STD's or HIV or whatever... After having that feeling a few times more than i'd like to admit ive stopped doing it

Was it with a prostitute?

Btw, I personally feel this new HIV virus is lab made. As more treatments are out to combat the current HIV virus and big pharma is getting its money's worth, it now wants more money and more research funding for new cures. I am pretty sure the current HIV virus is on the verge of being permanently cured...so a new HIV had to be made to prevent loss of money to pharma.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Skywatcher2011

jhn7537

Btw, I personally feel this new HIV virus is lab made. As more treatments are out to combat the current HIV virus and big pharma is getting its money's worth, it now wants more money and more research funding for new cures. I am pretty sure the current HIV virus is on the verge of being permanently cured...so a new HIV had to be made to prevent loss of money to pharma.

No, I've never paid for sex

Just girls I picked up at a bar (this was back in my early 20's)....

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Skywatcher2011

jhn7537

It doesn't have to be intentional, just like Anti-bio-tic resistant bacteria that occurs, the same could happen with Aids.

The rise of treatment could spawn the rise of treatment resistant virus, its the nature of well... nature.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

benrl

Skywatcher2011

jhn7537

It doesn't have to be intentional, just like Anti-bio-tic resistant bacteria that occurs, the same could happen with Aids.

The rise of treatment could spawn the rise of treatment resistant virus, its the nature of well... nature.

Although I agree with your on the evolution of new antibiotic resistant strains, don't be too oblivious this is possibly sped up in the lab...which is my initial hunch.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

jhn7537

Skywatcher2011

jhn7537

No, I've never paid for sex

Just girls I picked up at a bar (this was back in my early 20's)....

Now you see why you need to be specific...generally girls you pick up at a club are clean, but girls at a bar are dirty...moreover, you never know THESE days as there is so much craziness in the world that the person next to you already has something without doing anything unsafe. ...

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Back in my late teens, early 20's I was careless and reckless all the time... Short term usually defeated long term, so I could never see the possible issues I could have from unprotected sex... Thankfully, as I've began to mature, I tend to judge things more from a "long term" perspective and weigh possible consequences with practically everything..

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
HIV is lab made?

Is that why the "Big Pharma" is targeting the "rich" folks in Africa?

use common sense please.

There is much more efficient way to get you sick and not kill you while raking in money, HIV is not one of them.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

luciddream
HIV is lab made?

Is that why the "Big Pharma" is targeting the "rich" folks in Africa?

use common sense please.

There is much more efficient way to get you sick and not kill you while raking in money, HIV is not one of them.

Big pharma targets the working class with influenza viruses and...the Elite may have a plan in place to downsize the human race by killing them off third world countries by introducing powerful viruses there...so that someway this viruses will replicate freely with a magic wand before we see it here in North America through immigration and travel.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Some lab must be looking at how to spread this in an airborne form...

*COUGH*

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Let's be logical.

HIV treatments are allowing more people with the regular strains to live longer. Some of those people likely are not being as careful as they should. They get together, both are infected, they figure it doesn't matter because who are they hurting, bump uglies, and viola! two related, but not the same strains meet and have a one night stand that spawns a new offspring ...

It's about as likely as some grand Big Pharma conspiracy especially since the current retroviral treatments pretty much chain you for life, and that's a long, expensive life. A new strain that kills in five years would seriously cut into both the available patient pool and the length they can charge you for treatment. Talk about killing your customer satisfaction.

top topics

join