It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 year old released after spending 3 years in jail with out actually being convicted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
this is something that we know happens in other countries, but would not in our own. this is disgusting and the prosecutors should spend the same amount of time, if no doubled! and just think. how many more like this are occurring right now that we may never know?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

How did I know without reading it that it was a poor black kid?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

Well, you had a 1/3 chance of getting that right lol. Know off the bat he was poor though.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I sure hope that poor kid wins the civil suit. It sure is scary to think this could happen.
Where was his family? I don't get how nobody could raise a fuss for him being locked up for that long, without being charged.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

From your source....

This past January, Browder was offered a deal: Plead guilty and be sentenced to time served, or plead not guilty, and if convicted, face another 15 years in jail. Browder, who has always maintained his innocence, refused to plead guilty, and in June, charges against him were suddenly dropped

Shows how corrupt our so called justice system has become!

Six months after he refused to plea deal, he was released! They had nothing on him and they new it!! The prosecuting attorney should be put in prison, PERIOD!

Unfortunately, this kind of criminal behavior by prosecuting attorneys happens all the time in this country.....

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
America should be banned from calling itself "the land of the free", its a outright lie.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

the man shall
Endure forever more

Fear not of evil
Everyday the flesh it grows old
Changes of time take the toll

edit on 3-12-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

crazyewok
America should be banned from calling itself "the land of the free", its a outright lie.

A false advertising claim could definitely be made at this point... Hell or any other point in American history...

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

benrl

A false advertising claim could definitely be made at this point... Hell or any other point in American history...

Carefull or you will get millions of Mexicans sueing your goverment

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

crazyewok

benrl

Carefull or you will get millions of Mexicans sueing your goverment

Any of the waves of Huddled masses coming to America who yearned to be free over the course of history could make the claim as well.

From Irish to Mexican.

At no point in US history have we managed to not be oppressing someone somewhere.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

benrl

At no point in US history have we managed to not be oppressing someone somewhere.

I think there might have been a few decades after the Civil war and before you went into the philippines, but that may have been due to being broke and haveing your male population slaughterd in the civil war rather than do the right thing

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

crazyewok

benrl

I think there might have been a few decades after the Civil war and before you went into the philippines, but that may have been due to being broke and haveing your male population slaughterd in the civil war rather than do the right thing

Nope, theres still that whole dark period after Civil war to post-civil rights movement, as well as post founding to -suffrage movement.

Where not only African Americans, but women (as in half the population) lived under oppression and in-equality.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

And I forgot teh whole slaughtering the natives thing.

Yeah your right there no point its hasnt opressed at least someone/

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
America has for sure always been an oppressive place. I agree with the above posters.

In regard to the above story, the only way that this type of injustice could be battled is if there were criminal convictions for negligence( put the attorneys in jail).

Otherwise it does nothing. Even if this kid sues and wins a settlement it will not have an effect on the wrongdoers whatsoever.

This type of practice is widespread.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This thug would be up to no good anyways! Justice well served.

right!?? guys?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Do you have an opinion on the content of the topic or just out for a nice troll?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

blackthorne
this is something that we know happens in other countries, but would not in our own. this is disgusting and the prosecutors should spend the same amount of time, if no doubled! and just think. how many more like this are occurring right now that we may never know?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

hey.... he is a young black dude, what do you expect?...justice?...they need to put as many of them in jail as possible, regardless if they are guilty or not....don't think so?....then why did it happen?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Nope just seeing if any hypocrites will take the bait. :/

The content? there is nothing new, out of many one happens to catch on the media.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Thanks for nothing "Oath Keepers"

Next time you want to puff your chest and tell me how you took an oath to defend the United States, know youre a coward and liar

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

i b believe he is just being sarcastic!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join