It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23andMe & Ancestory.com DNA Shutdown

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have often wondered with registrations of genealogy and now DNA testing what they are looking for...?

The lost tribe of Israel?
Alien Hybrids?
The heirs of Jesus?

Always makes me wonder what...

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

abeverage
I have often wondered with registrations of genealogy and now DNA testing what they are looking for...?

The lost tribe of Israel?
Alien Hybrids?
The heirs of Jesus?

Always makes me wonder what...

Yeah, it makes me wonder that sometimes, too, especially if you read some of the older scholarly articles on the subject of ancestry. Some rather weird stuff from around the turn of the 19th-20th century including one that is my personal favorite--discussion of how to breed "talent clans" to maximize their potential or develop new talents. It was pretty weird and Galtonesque and left me feeling like some people may be more like poodles than people. I think it was Louis Terman who suggested that a fresh injection of immigrant blood into talented families had a great effect and he's from the 30's. Eugenics in the US and UK is really a whacked out history lesson, lol.

I don't think it's too far of a stretch to perceive something being to any of this when you tie in the push for bioengineering. What if somebody has a positive genetic trait that could be beneficial for future use? Knowing their lineage could also carry that trait and all related members could be of serious interest in bioengineering. While they may not be looking of heirs of Jesus, identifying the available gene pool and relations (fellow carriers of genetic information) does pass ye olde Occam's Razor test as it would be both profitable and usable at a not so distant future date.

edit on 4/12/13 by WhiteAlice because: English, I speak it....really!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join