It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and women's brains, they are different. Naw?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Instead of assuming couldn't we put them under them same scanners and find out for sure? Look for subtle differences? Accept those differences if they exist?

What is your assumption for transgendered? Is that just as simple?

Also, it's a bit ironic seeing a shrink for my curiosity in the brain and it's effect on people.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Tsu322
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Instead of assuming couldn't we put them under them same scanners and find out for sure? Look for subtle differences? Accept those differences if they exist?

What is your assumption for transgendered? Is that just as simple?

Also, it's a bit ironic seeing a shrink for my curiosity in the brain and it's effect on people.

You could also just assume that no matter what gender someone is...their taste for sexual preference is just a choice someone has to make from their own free will...nothing hardwired or genetic.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Many years ago I was employed as a sales rep. for a company. I was the 'token'

female in a sales force of approx. 100 males. My area manager, a dyed in the wool

traditionalist was in charge of 9males and myself.

Unlike my fellow salesmen who kept their files in the boot, I kept mine on the back

passenger seat, on the front passenger seat, and tucked behind the sun visor, and my

approach to the customers was totally different to the other salesmen!

Every time he was out with me he would ask why I kept my files all over - and I would

reply "it's my 'office'" ... and he could never fault my system as I was always able

to put my hands on what ever it was he wanted immediately. He would ask why

"I didn't do this this way" or "why I didn't do it that way" and I would reply "because

I think differently" How ever he was never able to fault my results or the

relationship I had with the customers! .....

It was three years before he finally admitted in my annual assessment, that women

did indeed think differently and although my methods were some what

unconventional he could not fault my results!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
In todays world ive found Men and women to have the ability to think
equally. sometimes it is levied more to one side than the other and vise vesersa
But it depends greatly on genetics. a smart woman greatly trumps a dumb man
and the same in reverse.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
These findings were brought to you courtesy of The University Of The Bleedin Obvious.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
they have now confirmed what men & women have known forever .

who would have guessed it ps does my axx look big in this is up next for debate

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This is old news.
And the differences in Gay people's brains were already shown years ago (2008) I'm surprised nobody has posted a link to the study yet.

Here it is. [LINK]

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Gee, too bad no-one has made a thread regarding genetic and epigenetic effects on sexual brain organization mediated by sex hormones.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

benrl
reply to post by Tsu322

Research in lbgt brain differences is almost taboo as saying men and women are better at different things.

I got over 50k results in googlescholar and over 30k results in my library with 25k results for heterosexual brains. I just used heterosexual and homosexual brain as a search term.

Most of the heterosexual results were actually comparisons to homosexuals. It's a pretty popular area of study from what I've seen, though it's hard to get a large enough data set of trans# persons to get meaningful results. I also think the 'T' part of the equation is something the mainstream population don't actually want to see ... if results came back to show that certain brands of 'T' people aren't just crazies the world might melt.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

arpgme
This is old news.
And the differences in Gay people's brains were already shown years ago (2008) I'm surprised nobody has posted a link to the study yet.

Here it is. [LINK]

interesting , thanks

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

teachtaire

Gee, too bad no-one has made a thread regarding genetic and epigenetic effects on sexual brain organization mediated by sex hormones.

Be my guest.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I think this is the second or third time I've made a thread on this topic, let's hope it doesn't get deleted this time

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I thought only feminists divorced from reality disputed this.

Sadly, the notion that genders are nothing but a social construct is quite widespread here in Sweden.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

lol @ Sweden

Evolution proves this false, because we wouldn't be here, none of us.

Sweden should really lay off the dope, Hitler would be upset...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

arpgme
This is old news.

Here it is. [LINK]

I'm not in the least bit surprised. Liberals and lefty's only quote scientific findings when it conforms to their skewed view of reality. When it doesn't it is either ignored or or suppressed, by legal means if necessary, if it refuses to go away.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Well, now we have the brains of women and men being different.
Not long ago, we were told the brains of republicans and Democrates were different.
How many "different brain" combinations can be made before we find out how many people might start to think alike?
I can't help but think this is just another way to put people into those little "pigion hole groups" that head doctors like to use.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
And just to add more complexity to the human body scenario:

Let's not forget that a lot of other neural connections and synapses are either developed and/or broken based on environmental influence in the first 5 years of human brain development... And even still yet, albeit fewer as we age, those neural connections continue to get altered throughout our entire lifespan.

And that's where the variety of male/female individuals show a bazillion different shades of grey to the "norm"... above and beyond any standard genetic hard-wiring.

Another words: Our "birthed" hard-wiring, (whether strictly male-like, female-like, or a cross between the two), then becomes even more complex and varied as we further develop outside the womb.

Evolution (aka development) of all biological forms (complex and simplex) is a neverending process.

Talk about mind-boggling ! (pun intended)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Indeed, even the authors of the original paper do not assert that these connection differences are immutable or genetically determined. The functional connectivity depends on how the brain is typically used.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

The differences can be observed after twenty-six weeks in the developing foetus.

The female Corpus Callosum is thicker.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Although this study has shed some light upon how it is that we are wired differently it also reminds us of the different functions and qualities of each hemisphere. You know the ones.

No wonder the male views the female as mysterious. He is stuck in that left hemisphere forever seeking connectivity with the eternal female. It could all be quite Jungian.

And what about those rare individuals that really are wired differently? Perhaps those hallowed ones like Buddha had more neuronal connections or a super duper corpus callosum. It may be that all spiritual endeavors are really about connecting the two hemisperes.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join