It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas police officer pulls pulls over 19yo, handcuffs and rapes her.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree that not all cops are bad but unfortunately, one rotten apple really can spoil the whole barrel. I'm thinking now of a friend - she hit the glass ceiling working in prison administration, determined the way to break through was to work a year as a prison guard. It worked but it changed her - and not for the better.

...I suspect this kind of rape case, and worse, is a lot more common than we can imagine. Police who wield their "power" in this way are usually smart enough to choose powerless, voiceless minorities. Canadian Mounties and Winnipeg police for example are known to abuse and terrorize our aboriginal populations and sex workers. The victims don't complain but some erratic efforts do try to focus on the "disappeared" and get some publicity for the issues. Fact is, I think the truth is just too far away from our normal 'protected' experience to even begin to comprehend - there is no doubt the bottom 1% of our so-called civilized society do NOT live in the same world we do, or enjoy the same privileges or protections. I doubt there's much difference between the slums of Winnipeg or New York or Houston than the slums of Sao Paolo or Bombay when it comes to the powerful stomping the powerless.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

chrismarco
reply to post by Bedlam

Don't judge the profession...judge the person...

So, let's extend that premise.

Mongol Hoardes of Genghis Khan.. judge the person?
SS soldier .. judge the person?
Redcoat .. George Washington always said .." Hey, forget the redcoat they were, let's Judge the person".

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

So much hate and distrust...you must be the life of the party

That's precious...you are comparing the police to Nazis and the likes?

So you are saying that all blacks are criminals and all Italians are murders and mobsters..

edit on 4-12-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

whoopss one more comment

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

chrismarco

So much hate and distrust...you must be the life of the party

That's precious...you are comparing the police to Nazis and the likes?

So you are saying that all blacks are criminals and all Italians are murders and mobsters..

whoopss one more comment

lets stay on topic. A police officer does the most unspeakable. More unspeakable than ANY rape by someone NOT a cop.

To have the authority and act like this is detestable. I have pointed out on previous pages the reasons why this would happen.

Honor, Integrity, Patriotism.. Wearing the Badge is antithesis to the Ideal of America.

There are numerous things that destroy our freedoms.. ALL DONE by "the law"

In AMerica, to see cops enforce a FREE SPEECH --->ZONE..

that alone.. that alone MAKES ANYONE WITH A BADGE.. A REDCOAT.. proof? was there a massive movement by the Police unions/assoc.'s to end it right away?

and proving the lack of Honor, Integrity and Patriotism by the badge.. Proves the people wearing them are not of high enough character that you would avoid this heinous act.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

HanzHenry

that alone.. that alone MAKES ANYONE WITH A BADGE.. A REDCOAT.. proof? was there a massive movement by the Police unions/assoc.'s to end it right away?

Nope. But there was a massive police union backed protest against an end to professional privilege: Officers march to protest end to professional privilege

The profession as a whole is definitely the problem here, not the individual. The complete structure of the institution of law enforcement is designed to lean toward corruption.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

In AMerica, to see cops enforce a FREE SPEECH --->ZONE..

Hanz, somewhere in there, please take a moment to recall that Police Officers enforce the law. They don't write it, they don't think it up and more often than many would think, they don't happen to AGREE with a given law, either. Professionalism is doing something you don't agree with, because it's the right thing to do anyway.

If we have issues with the laws, such as the ridiculous "free speech zones" that college administrators (not cops) invented to kettle people right from the start of something, then we need to seek change and address our issues with the people who created them. Not those left with the dirty and thankless job of cleaning up the figurative mess some idiots in suits created by making "a great idea" into a very bad policy or law.
edit on 4-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

chrismarco

Do people sign up to be Italian? Black? No.

Are all members of the mafia mobsters? Yes.

Last I knew "cop" wasnt an ethnicity or race one was born into. It's a position actively sought for.

Actively sought for by people who:

were more assertive (dominance scale)
had greater potential for social mobility (capacity for status scale)
had greater social poise and self-confidence (social presence scale)
had a greater sense of self-worth (self-acceptance scale)
had more need for autonomous achievement (achievement via independence scale)
had more functional intelligence (intellectual efficiency scale)
were more psychological-minded (psychological-mindedness scale)
were more masculine (femininity scale)
possessed greater social acuity (empathy scale) (ref. 3)
officer.com

Translation: narcissistic bigots.

I've done a lot of research on this topic. Give me a moment and I'll get up all my papers and documents highlighting how much departments love candidates who are openly racist, classist and self-centered. All documents by the way are from police research sources. Meaning they not only admit this but they are proud of the animal they recruit and want more.

I've started a couple of threads with the research. I'll try to dig them up if you really want to look into it.

Or just keep on being happy and oblivious.

Here's one of the better sourced threads: The Rapist and the Cop
edit on 4-12-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

... please take a moment to recall that Police Officers enforce the law. They don't write it, they don't think it up and more often than many would think, they don't happen to AGREE with a given law, either. Professionalism is doing something you don't agree with, because it's the right thing to do anyway.

Ah, the old "just doing my job."

I guess not agreeing with the methods and laws isnt more powerful than the race to get that pension.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I wonder if a woman could legitimately refuse to pull over for a police officer citing fear of rape?
edit on 4-12-2013 by ragingeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

ragingeagle
reply to post by Bedlam

I wonder if a woman could legitimately refuse to pull over for a police officer citing fear of rape?
edit on 4-12-2013 by ragingeagle because: (no reason given)

In theory you are able to drive to a more populated or better lighted area if you are uncertain or afraid.

In reality the cops would get pissed and pull you out of your drivers side window by your hair and beat you for a few minutes before cuffing you, throwing you into the back of their car and charging you with evading or running.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

What's the answer?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Dutch947
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

What's the answer?

End pre-crime legislation, end prohibition, instate rotating oversight boards made up of ordinary people, drop civil servant immunity, tag them all with vehicle and on-person cameras, bust up the police unions...

For a start.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

These kind of cops aren't 'rare' and they dont have to be a psychopath to be an abusive ass with a badge and a gun.

Most cops are people who cant get respect in life so they get a job where they think people will have to respect them by law.

Most cops are bad cops. And those that see the bad activity of their co-workers and dont report it belong on that list.

Cops dont deter crime. They report it, and they commit it.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

I know lots of cops and they are not like that. I can't say much more than that. Most are good people around here, sure there are a couple that are overpowering but they aren't any worse than the people in other trades.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

He was released on just $20K bond? He should not have been released at all, being a LEO, he should automatically be considered a flee risk.

LEO's should be held to a higher standard, if they are accused, indicted, and convicted, than they should receive double the sentence a civilian would receive. I believe the same applies to serving members of the Armed Forces and veterans, and before any one calls me a vet hater, I am a proud veteran myself.
edit on 5-12-2013 by gamesmaster63 because: syntax

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Bedlam, you're right that cops are not put in GP, but rarely does a cop/prisoner get trustee position. Most serve whatever term they are sentenced to isolated from the prison's GP, but somehow, someway, they usually have a very short life expectancy in prison. Do some research before you state things, and don't tell me to point it out to you, don't be lazy, do your own research.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

rickymouse

... sure there are a couple that are overpowering but they aren't any worse than the people in other trades.

Yes, they are. By virtue of the position.

A lunatic carpenter or lunatic librarian or lunatic store clerk can only do so much damage.

A lunatic cop however can systematically destroy the lives of everyone around him in a matter of minutes.

An asshole is just an asshole until it's a cop. No amount of damages awarded can make up for the damage one cop can do to your life.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

thisguyrighthere
The profession as a whole is definitely the problem here, not the individual. The complete structure of the institution of law enforcement is designed to lean toward corruption.

The Religion as a whole is definitely the problem here, not the individual. The complete structure of the institution of Islam is designed to lean towards suppression and brutality.

If said that in New York or London i would be shot down and called a bigot or even better a Racist. If i said your statement in New York or London people would be cheering me and lining up to buying me lunch.

Strange days!

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Wow! This is literally everything that is wrong with this world
Not only did he attacked that poor girl for no reason than his own gratification, he then has to humiliate her further by saying it was consensual?! Seriously! The people who are supposed to be there to protect you are now the ones who are hurting you, if you can't get protection from the law enforcement, who can you? No wonder this world has turned so sour. That poor girl.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join