It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too many lazy `what if` type threads on ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I think "What if" threads are fine. It encourages people to think outside the box. Not his straight line of thinking. I think its healthy just to dream.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Rodinus, I have been reading a lot of your responses to people and their ignorance. I appreciate the patience and the respect you give people when you kick'em right in the nuts. Good job lad/las? lol

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mlifeoutthere

They are all theoretical/ hypothetical, what if type threads, which whilst they made be interesting for chit chat, on one hand, but on the other hand, they are lazy (anyone can make a what if thread about anything)

Without all the theoretical/hypothetical, or what if questions, our species wouldn't have gotten very far at all.

As for the 'what if' threads you mention of, they're a chance to contemplate what could or could not have been, for some people solving a question is much more fun than knowing the answer. Many of these 'what if's' may seem trivial, but many more are valid questions and deserve consideration.

I personally don't mind a bit of speculation, It gives the neurons a workout. The brain needs exercise just as much as the body does.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

VoidWalker
reply to post by Rodinus

Rodinus, I have been reading a lot of your responses to people and their ignorance. I appreciate the patience and the respect you give people when you kick'em right in the nuts. Good job lad/las? lol

Thanks Void...

Some people need a proverbial punt in the family jewels!

And... "Lad" by the way

I personally think that "Miss Piggy" needs to take a step backwards, take a deep breath and think carefully before answering threads and posts... i understand this thread and respect what has been pointed out but have also read other posts by the OP... please respect and tolerate others if possible?

Kindest respects

edit on 3-12-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

mlifeoutthere

You are missing my point

That assumes you actually have a point. It seems to me you are just complaining and also that your "point" isn't true at all. You claim how many posts are "what if" threads? Count them up.

If you count from the "home" page, of 32 threads listed there, NONE are "what if" threads.

If you count the first 50 "new" threads, NONE are "what if" threads.

If you count the first 67 (1 page) of the "recent" threads (posts) NONE are "what if" threads.

If you count the first 77 (1 page) off topic recent threads, NONE are "what if" threads.

So just WHAT are you talking about? You saw a couple of "what if" posts and jumped to the erroneous conclusion that ATS is inundated with them. As you can see from the above it is not. In fact, it is nowhere near being a problem.

Your thread is, however, because it shows the lack of research and critical thinking applied to conclusions here on ATS. You can make up anything and complain about it, even when it's not true.

In other words, your thread is demonstrably bogus. Once in awhile there is a "what if" thread. They hardly dominate. In fact, they are few and far between.

edit on 12/3/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

InhaleExhale

This first line is simply a lie or a delusion you wish to feed, why?

If you would have researched like you want others to you would have seen your assumption on these "what if" threads are only a small percentage or maybe more, however "almost every post" really sound like a "what if" that you seem to be complaining about.

Is this a troll thread or are you serious with this logic of yours?

You complain about speculation then do so yourself.

Its OK though as I am a hypocrite as well.

Did you just call me a hypocrite under the disguise of `im referring to myself too so its okay`

really?

was there any need for that?

REPORTED!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

mlifeoutthere

InhaleExhale

If you would have researched like you want others to you would have seen your assumption on these "what if" threads are only a small percentage or maybe more, however "almost every post" really sound like a "what if" that you seem to be complaining about.

Did you just call me a hypocrite under the disguise of `im referring to myself too so its okay`

really?

There was a need to point out your complaint has no merit. He did it in a fairly mild way. It's not enough to get upset about.

REPORTED!

Don't flatter yourself.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

schuyler

mlifeoutthere

InhaleExhale

really?

There was a need to point out your complaint has no merit. He did it in a fairly mild way. It's not enough to get upset about.

REPORTED!

Don't flatter yourself.

Ah so this is how you guys get around the terms and conditions, you make nasty comments but sugar coat it to try and get away with it

reported you too

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

mlifeoutthere

schuyler

mlifeoutthere

InhaleExhale

really?

REPORTED!

Don't flatter yourself.

Ah so this is how you guys get around the terms and conditions, you make nasty comments but sugar coat it to try and get away with it

reported you too

Good for you, fella. Listen, you just got here. You really don't have the lay of the land yet. The fact is, if you make unsubstantiated posts with no merit, you are likely to be called on it. Your thread here is without merit. Several people told you so, in various different ways. You don't seem to be able to actually come to grips with the fact that you are complaining about something that is inconsequential. Pointing that out does not violate Terms & Conditions.

The fact is, if THIS is the level at which you "report" things, you will likely be ignored. Calling you names for no reason is rightfully against the T&C, but pointing out the error of your ways is not.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
What if there was no more what if threads...?

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I think all of the posts in this forum will be under review soon...the OP launched a Rant condemning everyone who disagrees with the power of the Hog!!! So in other words...let's all just wait it out...but if the pig goes all Westboro Baptist...make a unified front to "Ignore Ignorance"

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I really wish I wouldn't have read all this. I believe ATS is all about posting what you are thinking about.

To me calling people "lazy" from the title, really gets you off on the wrong foot. I enjoy most things said here and if I dont, I stop reading. Keep up the good work all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join