It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla's Longitudinal/Scalar Wave

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Which two would that be?

US patent number 645,576 (System of Transmission of Electrical Energy) and 649,621 (Apparatus for Transmission of Electrical Energy). The device being shown in the OP's video is a modern reconstruction of the device described in those patents.

That LCD you're reading this by is a living refutation of longitudinal EM.

What is longitudinal EM? It's just longitudinal electric waves, there is no magnetic component.
edit on 3/12/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Bedlam

US patent number 645,576 (System of Transmission of Electrical Energy) and 649,621 (Apparatus for Transmission of Electrical Energy). The device being shown in the OP's video is a modern reconstruction of the device described in those patents.

What is longitudinal EM? It's just longitudinal electric waves, there is no magnetic component.

Not going to propagate well, then, is it? Thanks for the patent numbers.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

According to your excerpt, the paper was retracted because it appeared to be plagiarizing information from older papers, not because it was talking about pseudo-scientific concepts

No, you've misread, all the papers listed are virtually identical and submitted by the same guy, so all have been retracted.

There's no plagiarism, just someone trying to sneak in his papers where he could.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Not going to propagate well, then, is it?

According to Tesla it was the most efficient way of transmitting electrical energy. He claimed that energy could be sent to the other side of the planet with very little losses:

"That electrical energy can be economically transmitted without wires to any terrestrial distance, I have unmistakably established in numerous observations, experiments and measurements, qualitative and quantitative. These have demonstrated that it is practicable to distribute power from a central plant in unlimited amounts, with a loss not exceeding a small fraction of one per cent, in the transmission, even to the greatest distance, twelve thousand miles — to the opposite end of the globe." ~ Nikola Tesla

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

No, you've misread, all the papers listed are virtually identical and submitted by the same guy, so all have been retracted.

That still doesn't explain what it has to do with longitudinal electric waves.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

ChaoticOrder
According to Tesla it was the most efficient way of transmitting electrical energy. He claimed that energy could be sent to the other side of the planet with very little losses...

Tesla said a lot of things, and not all of them were true.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Bedlam

ChaoticOrder
According to Tesla it was the most efficient way of transmitting electrical energy. He claimed that energy could be sent to the other side of the planet with very little losses...

Tesla said a lot of things, and not all of them were true.

Yes, but when he writes multiple patents and claims to have "unmistakably established" that the concept works, I tend to believe him. I would certainly take his word over yours any day of the week.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

ChaoticOrder
I tend to believe him. I would certainly take his word over yours any day of the week.

How are you on doves emitting beams of blinding white light? Or x-raying your head making your thoughts clearer? Bombarding copper with electron beams to remove secret gases? He's got a long list of weird crap he insisted was true in the same manner.
edit on 3-12-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

How are you on doves emitting beams of blinding white light? Or x-raying your head making your thoughts clearer?

Oh come on, you're out of arguments so you resort to a cheap lowbrow attack on one of the greatest inventors of our time. Tesla didn't take an interest in doves until he was much older and becoming senile. And Tesla was one of the first people to discover x-rays and the first person to create an x-ray image. I'm not sure if he did actually x-ray his own head, but I do know that he wrote about the biological dangers of being exposed to x-rays, so he obviously realized the danger of x-rays.
edit on 3/12/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

And Tesla was one of the first people to discover x-rays and the first person to create an x-ray image.

False
Wilhelm Röntgen both discovered x-rays and made the first x-ray image.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Phage

And Tesla was one of the first people to discover x-rays and the first person to create an x-ray image.

False
Wilhelm Röntgen both discovered x-rays and made the first x-ray image.

Lol, you were just waiting for me to say one thing wrong weren't you? That's why I said "one of the first", because it appears that he independently discovered and researched x-rays. And he was also among the first to capture an x-ray image.... well the first in North America.

Tesla may have been the first person in North America to accidentally capture an X-ray image,[89] when he tried to photograph Mark Twain illuminated by an earlier type of gas discharge tube Geissler tube in 1895.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

So, I guess you would claim that Benjamin Franklin discovered electricity then?

But you bring up an interesting dichotomy. What's the difference between an engineer/inventor and a scientist? You see, Röntgen is credited as the "discoverer" of x-rays because he was the first to investigate them scientifically. Saying "Huh, my photographic plates got fogged up" is not the same thing as saying "What's going on here? I wonder how I can try to figure it out."

Tesla's grasp of electromagnetic radiation (which x-rays are) was deeply flawed. He didn't get it. That's why he thought his "longitudinal electrical waves" were something special.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Tesla's grasp of electromagnetic radiation (which x-rays are) was deeply flawed. He didn't get it. That's why he thought his "longitudinal electrical waves" were something special.

He was wrong in thinking that x-rays were longitudinal electric waves, but that doesn't mean he was wrong in thinking that longitudinal electrical waves exist.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Actually, yes.
Yes he was wrong. His notion for the wireless transmission of electricity was flawed because he didn't understand what his "experiments" were demonstrating. His "longitudinal waves" were not waves. They were an alternating electrical current and transmitting AC through earth is horribly inefficient.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

ChaoticOrder
Quite frankly I would rather trust the word of Tesla than the word of ignorant skeptics in this thread who think they know what they are talking about when they don't.

I would rather trust the experiments of thousands of scientists before Tesla's assertions.

Tesla was a smart guy but became very odd. Believe it or not since 1890 there have been many other exceptionally smart people working on electronics and radio, and a very large amount of money.

None of them found experimental evidence for longitudinal electromagnetism.

Because people don't understand what experimental consequences that would imply. It's impossible for any electromagnetic coupling of any significant magnitude to be undiscovered today.

The implication of these supposed longitudinal waves is that there is some polarization mode of E&M so far completely unknown to science. I just don't buy it---it if were there it would be pretty obvious experimentally. Longitudinal and transverse waves exist and are well known in other areas, most prominently solid earth geophysics. In Earth there are waves with all the polarizations, transverse (like E&M) and longitidinal (like acoustics) and earthquakes make them all, and all their propagation is expeirmentally observed and obvious.

If longitudinal modes existed electromagnetically then there would be significantly more cavity resonances in microwaves---which are not observed. These are very well studied. You just can't ignore a degree of freedom---simple equipartition would put energy into these longitudinal modes in thermal equilibrium---which is not observed.

If there were three polarizations of E&M and not two, everything would have been discovered by 1900. But it wasn't.

People who don't know physics underestimate how radically different many experimental phenomena would be if our understanding of E&M were wrong. Black body radiation formula (verified stupendously well) would be wrong. Brehmstrahlung different because there are more modes to radiate into. Antenna would work differently. Geez, even optical lenses would be different. Why hasn't biology used the optical longitudinal waves?
edit on 3-12-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Phage

He was wrong in thinking that x-rays were longitudinal electric waves, but that doesn't mean he was wrong in thinking that longitudinal electrical waves exist.

Okay, what experimental observations not from Tesla give evidence for longitudinal electromagnetism?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Mary Rose
reply to post by Bedlam

Bedlam,

This is alternative science presented by an expert, a professor named Konstantin Meyl.

You need to put aside your bias and put the necessary time into listening to what this man has to say.

He was a professor, but then he got kicked out of the university when he said everything is wrong "Oh but look I have a new theory that replaces everything" and subsequently that theory was shown to be flawed. His kits he sells were examined and it was determined everything was explained by classical physics.

The real question is why does a degree, or "professional" or "professor" suddenly matter to you soon as it comes from crank village?

You ignore thousands upon thousands of professors and geniuses and regular joe scientists every day.

??

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

ChaoticOrder
He was wrong in thinking that x-rays were longitudinal electric waves . . .

Eric Dollard is another Tesla expert.

He has said that the x-ray that Tesla invented is not the x-ray we use today:

edit on 12/04/13 by Mary Rose because: Fix tag

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Mary Rose
In addition to verifying Tesla's longitudinal wave, Meyl has discovered a third type of wave, so there are three types of waves:

1. The traditional, transverse electromagnetic wave (Hertz)
  2. Electric longitudinal wave (Tesla)
  3. Magnetic longitudinal wave (Meyl)

Mary Rose
Another resource about Prof. Konstantin Meyl is Earth's International Research Society

. . . Meyl . . . has not only organized a revival of Tesla but developed his research to mindboggling levels. He detected that every vortex has a counterpart, a so-called potential vortex, being able to form matter. He shows that electrons, protons, neutrinos etc. are double vortexes, without needing a postulate. By that he proves that there are two more types of waves besides the already well-known electromagnetic wave (Hertz 1888). Tesla (1899) detected the electric scalar wave and Meyl the magnetic scalar wave, giving access to free energy, huge over-unity effects. The magnetic scalar wave, as an aspect of the neutrinos and therefore being faster than the speed of light, is used in all biology, so Meyl can explain how the DNA is sending information and energy as an antenna using a DNA wave.

He describes what electro smog is and how we can avoid this. The cell phone industry, the TV/radio and computer industry and the car manufacturers could revolutionize their products by using scalar waves instead of electromagnetic waves, because they are more healthy, use less energy and have one dimension more to transport information.

And finally Meyl found the unified field theory, which scientists the world over have searched a long time for. Even Einstein himself did not succeed because, as it turns out, he trapped himself in the wrong information that nothing is faster than the speed of light.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Mary Rose
Magnetic longitudinal wave (Meyl)

Compare: "Dr. John V. Milewski's Magnetricity"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join