It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish activists set sights on Jerusalem’s Temple Mount, raising alarm in Muslim world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
At what point does this become news I don't know, but it seems that it is gaining momentum,

“Because of your games at the al-Aqsa mosque, a third intifada could erupt,” Ahmad Tibi, deputy speaker of the Knesset and leader of the Arab political party Ta’al, told Regev. “You are a dangerous woman — to yourself, your children and all of us. Enough of playing with fire!”

Washington Post article

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Sorry, but your link doesn't go where you think it does. And would you be kind enough to offer some of your own thoughts?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Today, as yet another round of U.S.-brokered Israeli-Palestinian peace talks are underway, Khatib and other Islamic clerics warn that proposals to grant “time and space” to Jews looking to pray on the Temple Mount could ignite a holy war.

The clerics say they have pleaded with Israeli police to limit the number of Jews allowed to visit the site and warned that Jewish extremists are trying to change a delicate status quo and create new facts on the ground.

Uri Ariel, Israel’s minister of construction and housing, told reporters after a recent visit: “The Temple Mount is ours, and it cannot be argued about or negotiated. . . . It must be open for prayer at every hour, to every Jew.”

The Above is a better quote and Charles below me has the correct link.

To me, and in my opinion, this is a holy site for three religions, and I do not understand why all three religions cannot appear to get along enough to share the holy site and respect the others' differences.

I am also a Muslim. Would I get angry if jews were praying on the temple mount? No, so long as everyone else had free access also... I would love to see the day we can all get along well enough for this to happen.

But I also fear with extremists in all three religions, we may never see that day before The Imam (atfs) and Jesus (as) come back.
edit on 3-12-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
OpinionatedB

Here you are. You owe me one (smile).

Washington Post Temple Mount Story

I can't get my post right either. It's from me, not from you, but, Oh well.

“This place belongs to the Muslim people, and no others have the right to pray here,” said Sheik Azzam al-Khatib, director of the Waqf, the Islamic trust that administers the site. Khatib said the mosque is a unifying symbol for the world’s 1.2 billion Muslims.
It looks like the positions are no prayers for the Jews (The Muslim position), and all the prayers that Jews care to make (Israeli position). I'm for as many prayers as anybody wants to make, we need more prayers.

As long as nobody is praying for the violent destruction of somebody else.

edit on 3-12-2013 by charles1952 because: the whole thing was a mess

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Yes I do owe you one... just ask and I will return a small favor to you someday!

charles1952
OpinionatedB

I can't get my post right either. It's from me, not from you, but, Oh well.

It looks like the positions are no prayers for the Jews (The Muslim position), and all the prayers that Jews care to make (Israeli position). I'm for as many prayers as anybody wants to make, we need more prayers.

As long as nobody is praying for the violent destruction of somebody else.

edit on 3-12-2013 by charles1952 because: the whole thing was a mess

IM with you on those thoughts!

And I think everyone would have known it was from you... I certainly did! (it seems to be no ones night in this thread! not just the OP... maybe its a taboo topic! hahaha)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Agreed. Whatever this piece of ground means it is clearly symbolic to many religions so let's all see what we have in common (God, Allah - same thing different language to describe), and share. Radicals will make this less about the very thing they have faith in (what would God want), and more about what they think it should be.

Religion isn't bad - rather the people who forsake the very thing they are trying to attain (peace/oneness), without even realizing what they're doing make it look bad. Their intentions and actions are miles apart. I'm sure it will start a war one day. I think some guy named John saw this coming. It will happen because people are predictable. They just can't figure it out. It's so simple yet they still make it so complicated.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Now, usually I'm not exactly on the Zionist side when it comes to things like this, but is it really so much to ask that the Muslims accept that other religions exist as well and might want to pray in a space that is holy to them as well? Is it really so much to ask for a few hours a day or maybe just a few hours on the Jewish sabbath, that they be allowed express a faith that is every bit as deeply held as many Muslims hold theirs? Look, if the Jews start talking about burning the Dome of the Rock down or something to reconstruct the temple, then it's time to get up in arms, but it just seems like they don't even want to have to acknowledge that other people might exist.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The Jewish activists want something that is not theirs to take or even lay a claim too. I guess the forgot the memo that told them that their house was left to them desolate and that it would be destroyed not leaving one stone upon another. This is recorded in history as to have occurred under Titus and in fact not one stone was left upon another, the destruction was total and complete. The modern day wailing wall is the remains of an old Roman fort and not the Temple.

Since it was destroyed and taken from them as prophesied they have no claim. Now if they want to go pray there peacefully, I don't see a problem with that. Same goes for Christians that want to go there also but they were told not to trouble themselves with Jerusalem. I guess they(Christians) didn't listen to that part either. That only leaves the Muslim and if he/she desires to go there fine. There is nothing wrong with anyone desiring to go pray there peacefully.

However, neither the Jew, Muslim or Christian want it to be a joint place of prayer. They all have ulterior motives as to why they should be the only ones and none of their reasons hold water. If something happens to the Dome of The Rock and the Jews get blamed, the ME will go up in flames.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Sorry, was in a hurry and had to go as soon as I posted it.

My thoughts: This Temple Institute has been around a long time, I remember seeing them in a doco about 20 years ago. They haven't wound up and really the only other thing to do is to escalate the problem. These are people (rightly or wrongly) who are dedicated to restoring the temple, what are they going to do to make it happen? If it is the only thing in their lives then what will they not do? It only takes a handful of extremists to "speak on behalf" of the rest as we have seen again and again throughout the MSM. Even here on ATS where you would hope to find a better class of critical mind, it is often the extremist Christians that are portrayed as the norm and the example by which all Christianity should be judged. Wont the Moslem world do the same if a small group of fundamental Jews were to do something they would consider a great show of faith?
edit on 3/12/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
WEll its nice this thread has been able to stay in the middle east issues forum.
Most like this get sent to BTS so its nice to see a change. or maybe you have slipped in under the radar...or possibly I have a prejudice and resentment for so many of my own threads on similar subjects that get 'moved'

anyways my thoughts

As a Christian. If the Jewish community wants to rebuild the temple Jesus said would be destroyed (and was) and the muslims who happily built a mosk on the same site have a problem with eachother
I'm prepared to sit back and watch the show.

There...I said what everyone who has star and flagged this thread is thinking

Your welcome

X

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Isaiah has been fulfilled. The abomination is standing as zioisrael. Torah Jews decried Israel. The rocks sing out, and the seas wash up the newly dead. If anyone is going anywhere I might expect it to happen really soon?? Ison as the sign of the son of mans return? I think I might watch for this one...

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
For the Muslim Palestinians to make an impact in their war with Jewish Israel they would have to destroy half the country, they already have Jerusalem and the temple mount. For the Jews to make an impact they just have to destroy one building.

new topics

top topics

join