It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you say/do, if you are wrong about Jesus

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by believerinchrist
If you wany to post to this question, please give an honest, deeply thought out response. Im very curious to as what one, who believes in other religions than Christianity, will do or say, in the end-judgement day-before our God-that most of us believe in, when God asks the question of one "I sent my son, did you not know him?" Or one of simalar fashion. Im not interested in the answers of "I dont believe etc....." Im just wondering why alot of people out there wont or dont take into consideration that Jesus is thier savior and the only way to the father and unto heaven is through Jesus Christ? Believe me, if you gave Jesus a chance, you would recieve something that you have only dreamed about in those other religions. Salvation, Forgiveness and Eternal Life. .................Believer

I would say "So? What am I supposed to do? Fall to my knees and worship? Get real, I'll not bow to you."

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by believerinchrist
If you wany to post to this question, please give an honest, deeply thought out response. Im very curious to as what one, who believes in other religions than Christianity, will do or say, in the end-judgement day-before our God-that most of us believe in, when God asks the question of one "I sent my son, did you not know him?" Or one of simalar fashion. Im not interested in the answers of "I dont believe etc....." Im just wondering why alot of people out there wont or dont take into consideration that Jesus is thier savior and the only way to the father and unto heaven is through Jesus Christ? Believe me, if you gave Jesus a chance, you would recieve something that you have only dreamed about in those other religions. Salvation, Forgiveness and Eternal Life. .................Believer

They don't take into consideration that Jesus is their savior because in the other religions other persons are their savior, with the same powers of Jesus etc. (that they are exactly the same doesn't matter).

The end-judgement day is just synonymous and interpreted perhaps differently then was meant... The fight against Lucifer was on a specific time in the past... hell was there then... the Apocalyps (you could say that it is a judgement day) is also on a specific period in time in the future. The Judgement day isn't after life, but for the persons which are really living in that time period. The Apocalyps is the same as the Apocalyps of Lucifer and his 1/3th of angels. The judgement-day is the "day" (time period) in which menkind does decide to stand along Gods side or to fight against him like Lucifer.

Well God isn't stupid, he knows we are going to fight him, because when we realise who he really is we won't be that happy anymore, therefore God also knows that the Apocalyps probably will happen.

On the Judgement-day menkind will probably say:

"We won't support you with killing beings on other planets, and then the Gods war (we are also Gods then for those persons on that planet) will happen, just like happened on our earth.

We are just like Lucifer and his angels, we also still have feelings for everything that lives.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
AGNIS,

What if instead of God you would see Vishnu or Buda or maybe Waheguru

Buda was never the son or god, nor were any of the Guru's,
The gurus state that we are not the sons of god, but mere servants, Jesus according to the bible is the son of God, though that very though contridicts what our Gurus wrote,

There is only one God, he is the Creator, Sustainer and Destroyer.

"You are the Creator, O Lord, the Unknowable. You created the Universe of diverse kinds, colours and qualities. You know your own Creation. All this is your Play." (Guru Nanak, Var Majh)

"The Formless Supreme Being abides in the Realm of Eternity. Over His creation He casts His glance of grace. In that Realm are contained all the continents and the universes, Exceeding in number all count. Of creation worlds upon worlds abide therein; All obedient to His will; He watches over them in bliss, And has each constantly in mind." (Guru Nanak, Japji)

God cannot take human form.

"He neither has father, nor mother, nor sons nor brothers." (Guru Nanak, Maru)

"Burnt be the mouth that asserts, the Lord takes birth. He is neither born nor dies; neither enters birth nor departs. All pervasive is Nanaks Lord." (Guru Arjan Dev, Raga Bhairon)

Deep

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think I've found true inner peace through atheism. You are free of the constrains of religion, your morals are your guideline through life, and the only rules you have to live by are society's.

My life is laid back and chilled out...

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Dany,

don't worry you will have to bow before satan that is for sure and the difference is he does not forgive, ANYTHING!

good luck hope you can keep 'IT' happy.

[Edited on 7-12-2003 by THENEO]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
If god and jesus really does exist, and that supposed fateful day ever comes of my judgement, I would ask one question, and follow with a statement...

"Why did you ever make yourself known to humans?

If the bible is true, I believe you to be a vengeful, hateful, sadistic being with no true love for anything but death. I am glad I did not worship nor believe in you, for I could think of no fate worse then loving a thing as grotesque as you are..."

i want to get the truth to you, you sound misguided... so here it goes...
you would ask the question why did he mnake himself known to man? He created us from dust, he sent his only son to die for us, he is going to rapture all of us who bielieve!! you ask why he rieviled himself....SO THAT WE CAN HAVE ETERNAL LIFE!!!!when he created us we were perfect until we were granted the knoledge of good and EVIL thanks to the fallen angel Lucifer(aka santon). Since the first sin whenver we die (this is my understadning) everyone went to hell. God even flooded us to try to start over AGAIN!! obviosly that didnt work out. so he sent down his only son (Jesus) to die for all the sins we have comited! he was and is going to be the ONLY PERFECT HUMAN TO EVER LIVE!!!when he died he enabled all of us to be able to go to heaven...there is only one price... TO BIELIVE IN THE MOST THRUTHFULL THING IVE EVER HEARD OF!! JESUS CHRIST!!!!

i hope ive mad some since to any misguided people
-BIGFOOT

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Leenbekka,

a lot of good points you made.

what do you think of the idea that the same spirit that was Christ may have been Budha or even Mohammad?

Yes we are Lucifer, those that tasted the flesh and fell from heaven and became entrapped in the flesh. Lovers of flesh and the power of the air eventually serve satan.

That is their choice, the creator likes freedom of choice but beware those liars that promote the flesh and then tell you that there is no 'price to pay.'

They commit two sins at once.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
BIGFOOT,

God even flooded us to try to start over AGAIN!! obviosly that didnt work out. so he sent down his only son (Jesus) to die for all the sins we have comited! he was and is going to be the ONLY PERFECT HUMAN TO EVER LIVE!!!when he died he enabled all of us to be able to go to heaven...there is only one price... TO BIELIVE IN THE MOST THRUTHFULL THING IVE EVER HEARD OF!! JESUS CHRIST!!!!

How old are you?

"God even flooded us to try to start over AGAIN!! "

No, He "Flooded" the known christian world at the time.
Not the whole world, and im sure that can be proven.

This coming from a guy who wanted to raid the NWO.

Deep

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Deep,

no offense but the story is that the whole world was flooded.

that does not mean that you are wrong but it is not what we have been led to believe.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
whats age got to do with anything?if you knew how young i was, people probally wouldnt take me seriosly even though i try to make what i say make more sense. I'm 13, if anything knowing how young i am should make you respect me for what im doing. now your probally going to ignore me, o well

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGFOOT
i want to get the truth to you, you sound misguided... so here it goes...
-snip-
God even flooded us to try to start over AGAIN!! obviosly that didnt work out. so he sent down his only son (Jesus) to die for all the sins we have comited!
i hope ive mad some since to any misguided people
-BIGFOOT

First of all, assuming that someone is "misguided" because they do not believe as you do is a bit arrogant. Non-believers of christianity are not "misguided", thank you very much.
With all due respect to the christian members of the forum, this is one point that has bothered me since I decided I was not a follower.
We just don't see the world through jesus. Be it another religion or a total lack thereof, we are entitled to our beliefs.
As for the refuting of the scriptures and references to a loving god or truth, I'll leave that to the more battle-ready members, I am not interested in a war of words.
This is an old and much fought over subject, and yet the sides remain polarized. Please refrain from thinking that you can convert by preaching, this does not work.
Try tolerance.

BG

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It is not wrong to not be a christian,

it is wrong to believe that this is 'all there is.'

I fail to see how any sentient being could believe that.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Jammer,
[qoute]
Who of us living today could make that sacrifice?
Who living today are capable of living and dying only for the sake of others?
Who of us can raise themselves above death and Ascend?
Who among us can lead us back to GOD through their sacrifice?

Christ is the only one who has come along and lived completely for the sake of others. The ONLY one!
[qoute]

Your an Idiot.

You obviously dont know the religions of others.

You see your stupidity is marked by your own words,
I take offence when you say that Jesus was the only TRUE person on earth.

You have not heard of my Sikh Gurus?

They too died for these very reason, and History tells the story.

www.sikhs.org...

Take a look, and maybe you will realize that thier have been many Men/Women in this world who have died for the same reasons Jesus did.

Our 10th Guru Died for our Faith, For his beliefs and for Humanity,

The Tenth Master
Guru Gobind Singh (1666-1708)

' I establish thee as my son, that you spread My Path. Go and instruct men in Righteousness and the Moral Law, and make people desist from evil.'

I stood up, with joined palms, and bowing my head to Lord God, I said: Thy Path I shall spread only if Thou be at my back.

For this was I born into the world, I utter only how and what God uttered to me, for I am the enemy of no one. He who calls me God will surely burn in the fire of hell. For I am only the servant of God: doubt not the veracity of this statement. I am but the slave of the Supreme Being come to witness His Play. I tell the world only what my God said to me, for I will not be silenced through fear of the mere mortals. I utter as is the Instruction of my God, for I consider no one greater than Him. I am pleased not with any religious garb, so I shall sow the seeds of the Unaccountable One. Nay, I worship not stones, nor am I attracted by denomintional coats. I utter only the name of the Infinite and so attain unto the Supreme Being. I wear not matted hair, nor ear-rings, nor have regard for any such ritual, and do only what God bids me do. I repeat only the Name of One God who fulfills us, at all places. No, I utter not another's name, nor establish another God. I dwell upon the Name of the Infinite One and so realise the essence of the Supreme Light. I give thought to none else, nor utter another's name. O God, with Thy one Name I am imbued. I have no other pride. Yea, I utter only Thy Name and eradicate my endless sins. (Guru Gobind Singh, Vachitra Natak)

Every religion has its Matyrs, Saying Jesus was the only one is very Egocentric.

Every man can make the same Sacrifices as our Gurus/ Prophets/Etc have, That was the point they made to us,
To live for our people, to live to help those who cannot help themselves, to die to help those, to die to protect those.

Everyman/Woman on this earth is capable of Sharing the same light as these men, but we fail to do so cuz of our selfish greeds.
Deep

Thanks for your response Zero.

Please don't resort to name calling though. It is unnesessary and unproductive. You are entitled to disagree with me and I can appreciate that. Please just leave it at that and don't take my belief's so personal. Also, thank you for offering to pray for me, I hope that is sincere. I will pray for you as well that GOD will make himself known to you and his plan for you.
That being said, I took a look at your link and will read through the material when I have more time. I agree with some of the principles laid out in the introduction to the Sikh philosophy such as "There is only one GOD." I also believe we are reincarnated. I believe there are many paths to GOD. I believe in Karma (cause and effect). And I can also see that the Sikh way is a "Work's based" philosophy. I used to believe in that myself, that by your works you shall gain favor with GOD. However, over the years many lessons have come to show me that I CANNOT attain perfection on my own. I am tainted and cannot save myself. Perhaps you can and I wish you luck on your journey. But my own experience has been one of trying to attain perfection and failing, over and over.
I believe in Jesus as the Christ because he was without sin. His teachings taught many things regarding virtue and works based living, but what separates Christ from the all of the other great teachers is that he specifically stated himself to be the savior. To be the sacrifice by which all may enter perfection and unity with GOD. Christ's life and death breaks the cycle of karma for any who choose to accept Him and his sacrifice. Belief in Christ is not going to church and giving money to poor specifically, it is accepting that gift which Christ offered.
That is what I believe and I only share it with you out of Love, not judgement.
The reason I said before that without Christ you are "on your own" is in reference to Karma. I have come across no other great teacher who offered specifically to accept my Karma other than Jesus.

Also note... I have studied Buddism, Taoism, Hindu teachings, etc. and have only recently come to really honestly study the teachings of Christ.

I may be an Idiot, but I am GOD's idiot for my life is his.

~Peace

~Jammer

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
as a bieliver in christ i think u r misguided, i aint gone force my bielife on you just try to convince u of the truth ive found.
-BIGFOOT

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Jammer,

since you are better educated in this subject area than most of us here,

do you think there is more in common amongst the major faiths or less?

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGFOOT
as a bieliver in christ i think u r misguided, i aint gone force my bielife on you just try to convince u of the truth ive found.
-BIGFOOT

Thank you Bigfoot, but I am the son of a Southern Baptist Minister and the founder of a large nationwide(US) women's ministry. I am aware of the "truth" you speak of. It just did not work for me.

Respectfully,
BG

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon
What if everyone who claimed to be Jesus was labeled a loonie and Jesus was back

What if Bob Marley was really Jesus..

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Personally, i think Jesus is exactly like the Buddy Christ.
~ Jesus is just alright with me~

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It is my opinion of humans, that if Jesus returned, he'd be killed very quickly. The vicious circle would start all over again. Religion would have a new chapter and none further, until they killed the next Jesus.

As far as the topic, I can't even comprehend an answer, since I can't fathom believing in god. You're asking about judgment day, which is nonexistent to me.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
It is my opinion of humans, that if Jesus returned, he'd be killed very quickly. The vicious circle would start all over again. Religion would have a new chapter and none further, until they killed the next Jesus.

As far as the topic, I can't even comprehend an answer, since I can't fathom believing in god. You're asking about judgment day, which is nonexistent to me.

You think Jesus would get killed if he returned? Well in the bible it says the next time he returns will be with all of his raptured saints. This isnt gonna make snese because u dont bielive in what the bible says. But once he returns he will set up peace on earth for 10,000 years. and everyone who doesnt Still bielive in christ after the rapture adn all the judgments, and if your still alive then you get to join all your firends in Hell
I can understand how you might have some confusion about him now but please pick up a bible to make more snese of it.

somethign i wanna ask you, you say you dont bielive in any God at all, nothing whatsoever. that seems impossible to me because how do you thin kit all began? the big-bang? How do you think it ends? does it ever? Even if you arent christian i still dont understand how you can be nothing. I couldnt live my days not thinking that there is "SOMETHING" else out there.
-BIGFOOOT

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join