It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor Tells Supporters To Forgo Buying Children Presents, Give Money To His Campaign Instead

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This is revoting.... but typical...

thinkprogress.org...

The War On Christmas may actually be happening this year, but it’s being waged by an unlikely culprit: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R).
Last week, Walker’s campaign sent an email encouraging supporters not to buy gifts for their children and to use that money instead to support his reelection effort.
“Instead of electronics or toys that will undoubtedly be outdated, broken, or lost by the next Holiday Season, help give your children the gift of a Wisconsin that we can all be proud of,” the email read.

You can read the whole email at the source.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

I won't be moving there!

I want to add that when this gets national attention,
and he starts to look really bad. His minions will tell
the public he was only kidding, and that most of us
do not have a sense of humor.

pathetic!
edit on 3-12-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Maybe the ghost of Christmas future will visit this scumbag POS and show him his fate when he's not re-elected and back as a common POS.

While i understand his reasoning, I can't believe he didn't see the bigger picture: that's he's advocating not buying children gifts—gifts that fill them with joy and delight—and giving to him so he can continue to crap on the citizens through whatever BS legislation he supports and helps push through.

The nerve of these people.

I'm actually becoming surprised at the increased audacity of so many politicians.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I suggest a donation of sticks and coal.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Whoever wrote that must secretly be working for his opponent.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Looks like he's taking a page from the Obama playbook. Pathetic in either red or blue.

Obama Event Registry

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This reminds me of when Obama told people to give him money instead of giving a wedding gift to the bride and groom.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I was going to do it until I read "Holiday Season" and not Christmas. That's where he lost me....

These people are really pushing the limits lately. It's almost like they have a bet behind closed doors about how much the public will put up with before they start crying foul.

This was tacky beyond words and laughable at the same time. Just when you think you have seen it all, they always manage to pull another rabbit out of their hat/arse to entertain/annoy/anger/shaft/crap on/etc. the masses in one way or the other.

The size of those cajones.... HUGE.

edit on 12/3/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Dianec
Whoever wrote that must secretly be working for his opponent.

Can't tell whether or not you are serious. This was an email sent to his supporters.

I used to be married to a registered republican (he wan't really - just thought that it looked good) and about 12 years ago he received an emial from the republicans 'recommended' he should donate $2000.00 to the republican national committee. The audacity has gotten worse. He was laid off from his job less than a year later - I wondered at the time, but no .... it couldn't be ... could it?

What's next?

The republicans are very afraid and acting not unlike cornered animals.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Bassago

Looks like he's taking a page from the Obama playbook. Pathetic in either red or blue.

Obama Event Registry

Thanks for the link.

It's a different thing entirely. Asking someone to give to a cause in lieu of a gift is very common.

Telling you to not give your children gifts but instead give to him is very different.

Read both appeals...very different.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

thesaneone
This reminds me of when Obama told people to give him money instead of giving a wedding gift to the bride and groom.

It is not the same at all. But any attack is a good attack, right?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

FyreByrd

thesaneone

It is not the same at all. But any attack is a good attack, right?

And like Obama he asks not tells.
I love how its the same but different.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

FyreByrd

Bassago

Obama Event Registry

Thanks for the link.

It's a different thing entirely. Asking someone to give to a cause in lieu of a gift is very common.

Telling you to not give your children gifts but instead give to him is very different.

These are politicians we are talking about. You cannot be serious.

A gravy bowl (or a check for its value) would mean a lot more to a new couple in most cases than that same money being given to a scumbag like Obama (or Walker for that matter).

Anyone that is willing to forgo giving to their own children in order to support a blood-sucking politician is unworthy to have them.

And as a side note, Walker has at least benefited the state that he's the head of, as opposed to Obama and the mess he's made.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Next we'll hear "your elderly, sick, and infirm will die anyway so donate now to my political fund"

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

So you actually think that more crappy toys are what children in America need? If one viewed Walkers campaign as something necessary for the future of WI, I could see this email as being unoffensive. Yeah American kids are suffering so badly, they need more stuff. That'll fix all their problems.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
sorry, don't believe it at all.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

FyreByrd
This is revoting.... but typical...

thinkprogress.org...

The War On Christmas may actually be happening this year, but it’s being waged by an unlikely culprit: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R).
Last week, Walker’s campaign sent an email encouraging supporters not to buy gifts for their children and to use that money instead to support his reelection effort.
“Instead of electronics or toys that will undoubtedly be outdated, broken, or lost by the next Holiday Season, help give your children the gift of a Wisconsin that we can all be proud of,” the email read.

sometimes there are no words to describe people except "there are snakes in our garden."

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Wow Governor Grinch, I'll get right on that. My kid should just get lumps of coal this year so some scumbag politician can have a few extra bucks in the old campaign chest.

Yeah.. When pigs fly. What, is he delusional??? This was a dumb dumb thing to even suggest, especially in this hard times.

* I happen to like this Gov. too.. About time someone put it to a few of the Unions that all but terrorize states to maintain control ...but THIS idea is about 10 steps BACK from basic common sense and a little empathy for people in trouble right now.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Bassago
Obama Event Registry

Funny. Walker says ... skip a few Christmas gifts and give the $$ to me instead. And he's evil scum. But Obama hits up ... and I quote ... "birthday, bar or bat mitzvah, wedding, or anniversary" ... and somehow that's different and okay? Really?

I see same/same. Except that Obama's spending more $$$ in order to bamboozle more money from people. He has better campaign fund raising tactics ... hits more of the 'big events' in your life for more money than Walker.

Both are sucky.
Obama's is more so because he's hitting more life events ...

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

FyreByrd

Bassago

Obama Event Registry

Thanks for the link.

LOL. No, the only difference is it is cool when your guy does it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join