It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big News!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Some of you may remember a post I started a few months ago asking for financial help for college. It was entirely sincere but was still received with extremely hostile and negative responses, people telling me to get a job (i have one, and had the same one at that time), ask my parents, or drop out and join the military (am already in the reserves).

Besides that, hakuna matata, gotta put your past behind you, and it is. I was accepted for a loan to help keep me in school, and as of last week, I have been accepted to graduate school! I've also been accepted for an ROTC scholarship that will cover the cost. Now, this means that I am switching from the navy to the army, so a there is a little part of my heart that will always stay with the navy, but I'm open-minded and optimistic about the opportunity to advance as far as I can as an officer in the army.

I will be graduating with a BA in anthropology in 9 days. I will start in January on a masters in environmental education with ROTC minor.

I planned on waiting until my ATS birthday (Dec. 23rd) to announce this, but that's too far away for me to hold onto this! Also, I will be celebrating my 9th year on ATS! Seen lots of changes in that near decade.

Anyway, just excited about the big news! I'm happy!

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

Dear Schmidt1989,

Congratulations! I went Army ROTC scholarship over 40 years ago and it turned out to be a really good move. Any advice I might have for you is clearly outdated, but I wish you all the best.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Dude, ya made my day.
Congrats.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

This seems like some koind of personal achievement that humans are said to take part in, well done my good sir!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Bravo

I take my hat off to you, with an attitude like your's
You my friend will go a long way in life.

I wish you health and happiness

Cody

new topics

top topics

join