It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Stop terrorist shopping center found in Fallujah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
US Soldier think they have found Abu Musab Zarqawi's headquarter in Fallujah. They even had a SUV packed with explosives with Texas registration. Red Cross first aid supplies have been found in the house. Repair shop include place to repair 8 inch shells that could be used on battleships and bomb making facilities.

www.washingtonpost.com
NEAR FALLUJAH, Iraq, Nov. 18 -- U.S. soldiers discovered a house in southern Fallujah on Thursday believed to be a main headquarters for Jordanian-born militant Abu Musab Zarqawi, the leader of an insurgent network responsible for bombings, kidnappings and beheadings across Iraq.

A mural in the house indicated that it belonged to Zarqawi's organization. In the house, the soldiers found letters reportedly written by Zarqawi to his lieutenants, medical supplies from the U.S. Agency for International Development and boxes of ammunition from the Chinese and Jordanian armies

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Hopefully finding all these supplies will help slow this guy down some. Once again it looks like medical supplies meant for the common Iraqi are being diverted from the civilian population for use on the insurgents.

It is kind of scary that they found a vehicle from Texas in the car bomb shop. Makes me wonder if they were going to try and re-import it to the US. I would imagine you can pack a whole lot of explosives in a Ford Explorer.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by redpig01]
Fixed the link

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hmmm Oil for Zarqawi? Where the U.N.?

On a serious not, they found a bunch of computers. it will beintersting to see if those come to anything. I mean it would have been negligent for them to leave any data on them, but the FBI seems pretty good at mining that kind of stuff for data

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Are these supplies still residue from the American Taliban funding?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Only one true way to erase a HD is to detroy it. Im sure there is stuff still there if the HD's are intact.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by redpig01
It is kind of scary that they found a vehicle from Texas in the car bomb shop. Makes me wonder if they were going to try and re-import it to the US. I would imagine you can pack a whole lot of explosives in a Ford Explorer.

It actually was not a vehicle from Texas, it was a vehicle with a Texas Department of Transportation sticker on it, which can be duplicated with the proper equipment.

"They also found a truck inside the compound, with an American vehicle registration sticker reading Texas Department of Transportation."
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Does raise the question though of what they intended to do with the vehicle....seems like a big pain in the behind to ship it back..seems easier to steal a car/suv/truck in the US.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
what hogwash. Allegedly, there was a sign up front saying "Al Qaida Organization" What's next? a Visa/Mastercard sticker? This is absolutely ridiculous. Why would a secretive, non-hierarchical organization like AQ have suddenly changed an M.O of untraceability that was working well for them?

Add to this that we don't know jack about Zarqawi. We don't even know how many legs the fellow has, much less of his involvement in Iraq. Financial Times has called him 'The American Insurgent' because every tale about him emerges from American sources.

This sounds incredibly fishy to me. Wish I knew what the purpose behind this? Are they trying to set a trap, somehow? For whom?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I thought the One Stop terrorist shopping centers were called Mosques.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsider
I thought the One Stop terrorist shopping centers were called Mosques.

That�s the equivalence of saying you thought the one stop shop for KKK members were Churches.

new topics

top topics

join