It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Proof" that the universe is a simulation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Just a thought. Do we really need a scientist to tell us what we already know? As an observer (and we all are), doesn't reality take place in the brain? After all if you take away the brain you have nothing at all.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
And God (Super alien?) said, "Let there be light." And there was light. That's the time he switched on his super computer and the universe came into being. The 'Big bang' was probably the effect of firing up his computer, when the chip lit up instantaneously with a bang!

edit on 3-12-2013 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by joer4x4

After all if you take away the brain you have nothing at all.

Speak for yourself. Really.
Take away your brain and I'll be fine.
I think.

edit on 12/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

OrionHunterX
And God (Super alien?) said, "Let there be light." And there was light. That's the time he switched on his super computer and the universe came into being. The 'Big bang' was probably the effect of firing up his computer, when the chip lit up instantaneously with a bang!

When he created the heavens and the earth.. His computer code he created before switching it on.

The rest does seem like a minecraft project lol.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by joer4x4

After all if you take away the brain you have nothing at all.

Speak for yourself. Really.
Take away your brain and I'll be fine.
I think.

edit on 12/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

But phage, if we take away your brain - we'd be lost in the eternal darkness.. But his... You are a funny one.

Your end result question is True...no If, Then, Else..
edit on 3-12-2013 by ChuckNasty because: added stuff

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
All living things have an electrical current running thru them. You right now have a current , a power in the center of ur brain that is learning right now. That current energy is evolving. When u learn this world ,u go on to the next stage of higher learning. Your soul, your energy like that in a computer has a makeup. Soon people will realize this and then make machines that think,learn, and react. Your body is just a vassel, a bio machine and ur soul is part of the machine and ur energy learns.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Your energy needs to learn this similation so to move on to the next similation and so on. Now don't be a trojen horse and stop spamming and get into the programm, in the Matrix.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
If this is true, then it's really remarkable.....where does the chain of simulations end? What is the nature of awareness beyond created realities? It does kind of look like a simulation anyway. Some people believe it all happened by accident. The genesis of consciousness is such an incredible mystery that's for sure.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
If the Universe was indeed a simulation, what would happen if the 'programmer' decided to pull the plug? would the universe just blink out like a computer monitor?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
One physicists, I can't remember who, that I read about, put it like this. All complex systems are comprised of smaller, less complex systems. If you logically follow this fact, you will eventually get to the most simplistic system. The simplest of systems is binary, so all complex systems can be reduced to binary systems. Which is exactly what this fellow is saying.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LordOfArcadia

Human programmers have aped the "yes and no" basis of actual physical reality, and based digital technology on that system of information structure. That's pretty well understood, and has been since the dawn of digital technology. Quantum physics has always been based on the "digital" structure of reality, having eliminated the physical existence of infinite linearity. Again, this isn't news.

What is news is that there are actual physicists who can't see that just because we have learned to copy reality's 1's and 0's (per se) and base our own artificial reality constructs on what's obviously an effective and efficient substructure, that it doesn't mean that we actually exist as part of an artificial reality construct ourselves.

I've been reading a number of books on how insane modern physics has gotten in recent decades (especially since the mid-70s) and I noticed one of my favorites among these books' authors (Lee Smolin) sitting on that panel in your video clip. The inanity of what's become of modern physics and even cosmology is absolutely fascinating, and it's worth taking the time to read up on the civil war that's begun as a result of how foolish it's all gotten.

This video is a good example of someone simply not understanding what an observation is actually revealing. That, and the popular science movement's willingness to do and say whatever it takes to get media attention, regardless of how much misrepresentation it takes to top the last bit of controversial nonsense it was that got them on the Discovery Channel.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Those of you who are interested in tests of this theory check into the work being done by University of Washington researchers:

Do we live in a computer simulation? UW researchers say idea can be tested

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

joer4x4
Just a thought. Do we really need a scientist to tell us what we already know? As an observer (and we all are), doesn't reality take place in the brain? After all if you take away the brain you have nothing at all.

Reality has physical characteristics that can be tested so yes. While you may think you "already know this" the reality is that it needs to be proven.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LordOfArcadia

It sounds like a really interesting theory and is certainly most fascinating
however I have wondered for a while now how say an advanced civilisation creating a simulated history of itself would be able to simulate creativity and imagination

the possibilities are endless so how can that be simulated if we can create pretty much anything we can dream up that baffles me !

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
That was possible on of the best explanations for where physics and the general path that it has been taking for some tome now. Then comes a religious nut without any evidence and places jesus right in the middle of it. I hope one day that we come to our senses and just eliminate people of religion instead of trying to eliminate the thought process of religion. If humanity stands any chance moving forward religion must be ended at all cost. Or some crazed lunatic with an angry god will get his hands on some weaponized bio material then proceed to end all life to satisfy his (FILL IN TH BLANK) God.

edit on 4-12-2013 by Problemwithinduction because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If one were a divine being, one might set it up this way too. Define the algorithms and flip the switch, so to speak. The computer would be divine consciousness. After all, you probably wouldn't really want to have to be in conscious control of everything! And just like a computer simulation, there would likely be limits set.

On the flip side, if there is no God and it's not a simulation, then the rules of physics would logically create the algorithms as the universe expanded and cooled in the initial moments after the Big Bang (or whatever "started" it all).

Personally, I'm partial to the the divine consciousness scenario. But I suspect that it would all seem the same to us regardless of the scenario. It's a very interesting theory, though.

On a side note, to me it's seemed like some of the programming has been wearing a bit thin and getting a bit obvious around the edges over the last couple years. You only have to look at many of the conspiracy threads on ATS to see how a lot things appear to be getting really obvious and really predictable like a simulation that isn't quite real enough because of hardware or software or programmer limitations. Maybe that's because I've been thinking about this simulation theory about that long...

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Vandettas
I''ve recently came to the conclusion after numerous years of studying the subject of the "simulated or holographic universe" that their is a paradox to the entire theory which in a way contradicts itself. If the universe is a simulation, it's impossible in a sense to reach this answer because the testing of whether or not it is a simulation lies within the simulation your testing it in. If I simulated a universe, I would simply make it to where everytime you reached a conclusion, I'd complexify it to even deeper levels.

I had to read that last sentence twice to get the meaning.

Basically, as I understand your meaning, a person changes reality
whenever they observe reality. Is this not what quantum physics
has been saying for some time?

Stated another way, when we look up in to the heavens we see stars.
Then when look in our most advanced telescopes we see a thousand
gaxazies in a pin hole of darkness. We know there's a vast reservoir
of life in the ocean crust, but as we look deeper we find alien life below
that. It is alien because we never imagined life without photosynthesis
and yet we find microbial DNA extending miles below the ocean, a sort of
"parallel universe" linked to ours only by seawater.

What am I saying.

If I simulated a universe, I would simply make it to where every time
you reached a conclusion, new code would be written and the complexity
of the whole would extend outward to even deeper levels. If true, that
places man at the center of the Universe, does it not? Problematic no?
Hold that thought, I'll come back to it.

You might think of the Matrix as a game.

However, the Master Game is being Sailors on the Inward Sea. What life
game do you want to play? Making money? Getting laid? There are deeper
and more fulfilling options available than the default ones based on money,
power or hedonism that education and social conditioning can sometimes
provide us with. The master game is a life course involving a systematic
attempt to develop self knowledge. Its hazards are not wisely ignored but
its rewards are beyond the ordinary also.

There is only one reason the Lord allows His church to remain on earth: to seek and to save the lost, just as Christ’s only reason for coming to earth was to seek and to save the lost. “As the Father has sent Me,” He declared, “I also send you” (John 20:21). Therefore, believers who are not committed to winning the lost for Jesus Christ should reexamine their relationship to the Lord and certainly their divine reason for existence. www.gty.org...

Saving the lost doesn't meaning baptism, or get a person to believe
in a set of principles, or praying Jesus into your heart. Wait, maybe
it is BELIEF in a set of principles. In the video from the OP that last
words spoken are very telling.

"If you accept this description... then I can get you to believe..."

So it would seem that BELIEF is part of the code, or a trigger which
causes more code to be written. If that is true, then our imagination
is creation. It this exactly what New Age mystics have been saying?

Buddha played the Master Game in order to cease suffering.
Jesus played the Master Game to reform his religion and bring it to all people.
Red Shied played the Master Game to control international banking.

What game are you playing in this synthetic world?

If this code which describes this construct is effected by our reading
said code, then might the same be said for all living beings? It seems
the height of arrogance to suggest we are the center of all being.
Our having found alien life on this planet (below the sea) is proof
that we are not the center of this Matrix. Perhaps all living beings,
sentient or not, effect the code just as we do.

edit on 4-12-2013 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Humans; meet God:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This is incredibly out there but I'd like to say this.

A scientist says it and it's at least looked at, if I used it in a court of law I'd probably be institutionalised.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

OrionHunterX

Can I quote you on that.... er... I guess I just did.

So if we were in a video game, we'd expect see exactly what we see.
Maybe the deist were right, God set the Universe in motion and walk away.
If there were no God, we'd expect the world to funcition exactly as it does.
So either way, it is a game... the only question is what game are we playing?
That brings us to the question of what we want out of this life... but how
many people (semi-autonomous programs) go rouge?

"We can never see past the choices we don't understand." ―The Oracle

But what if we did understand the false authority influencing our choice?
See it all as a video game grants us this insight. It allow us to live our
lives intentionally instead of conditionally.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join