It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Morel Mushroom.....Mother Nature's Hidden Gem.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I bought one of those home growing kits for morels. It only grew 2!!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

catfishjoe

crzayfool
If these grow all over the states then maybe someone should give some to Obama...

At least then he'll have some sort of morels... mwahahahahaa!

*crickets*

Joking.

He forgot the "Budaa Bump!".

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I love mushrooms so much, could I find these beauties in europe?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr1Akula

I know they grow in France- they are called Morilles.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

Here in Iowa they are huge. People love to eat them. I do not care for them myself and it may be because I have yet to have a good recipe with them. I do hunt the heck out of them and sell them per pound though and make some decent cash

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

VoidWalker

Here in Iowa they are huge. People love to eat them. I do not care for them myself and it may be because I have yet to have a good recipe with them. I do hunt the heck out of them and sell them per pound though and make some decent cash

In was thinking of doing the same. I sell wild onions to churches during spring.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

catfishjoe
Fresh fried catfish, home fries, brown beans, wild onions and eggs and a dozen morel mushrooms. Put a fork in me. I'm done.

damn...sounds like a meal my long dead grandmother use to make back in Illinois....my mouth watered just hearing about it....Mississippi river catfish....butter, lard, and bacon, the 3 most unhealthy ambrosias for the taste buds....damn, can't eat any of it now...damn
edit on 4-12-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Those were definitely the good ole days!! My grannie once made a slaw of bacon, onion, corn, butter, tomatoes and cover it with bacon grease.mmmmm

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Here in Iowa if you sell in Des Moines they can go minimum 15 bucks a pound. I have seen upwards to 50 a pound from restaurant owners.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

VoidWalker

Here in Iowa if you sell in Des Moines they can go minimum 15 bucks a pound. I have seen upwards to 50 a pound from restaurant owners.

And depending on the size...... what? 15-20 mushrooms equal a pound?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

catfishjoe
reply to post by jimmyx

Those were definitely the good ole days!! My grannie once made a slaw of bacon, onion, corn, butter, tomatoes and cover it with bacon grease.mmmmm

ahhh, bacon grease, my own mother use to keep a jar of bacon drippings in the fridge just for flavoring...now, I get to have a slice of bacon only when we go out for breakfast...yup...the good ole days. now, it's those fake eggs, a scoop of fat free cottage cheese, and a cup of fruit, for breakfast....it's a b*tch trying to stay healthy

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

That definitely depends on the size of the mushroom every once in awhile I'll score big time and fine what I call God Giants lol they are very large.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidWalker

I have found a few big ones. I usually slice them in half long ways before cooking.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

They really are little beauties. I have a bunch that come up in a front garden out of the base of birches every year. I honestly don't even pick those they are so pretty in spring when little else is growing. It's working in my favor though, the little patch gets bigger every year.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

woodsmom

They really are little beauties. I have a bunch that come up in a front garden out of the base of birches every year. I honestly don't even pick those they are so pretty in spring when little else is growing. It's working in my favor though, the little patch gets bigger every year.

Really.....and where do you live?????

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Star and flag for a great post Catfishjoe! Come spring I'll be combing the ridges here in Pa. to find these free treats, maybe mix them in with my homemade spaghetti sauce.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
You can also freeze them. Just cut them long ways roll them in whatever dry ingredient you use(flour, panko...whichever), then put them on a cookie sheet and freeze overnight. Then pop them in a ziploc bag and your good to go!!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

If you guys are anywhere near Iowa I would be happy to airlock some bags full of them and send them to you. Usually I have more than I can sell and more than my family will eat.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

VoidWalker

If you guys are anywhere near Iowa I would be happy to airlock some bags full of them and send them to you. Usually I have more than I can sell and more than my family will eat.

Hey......question. Have you ever vacuum sealed any fish?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

BWAAAA HHAHAHA smashy smashy didn't think lmao.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join