It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of looking for a crappy job! So im starting my own unique podcast!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
So some of you may know from my earlier threads that i am a felon having a hard time securing something decent. It may be me, or my area or whatever. I am working but the jobs i am working dont pay well and the market is really crappy right now. Im a retired professional MMA fighter with ten years experience in the industry with many contacts. A good friend of mine owns an apparel company. So i threw the idea out there for him because i know hes been looking for new ways to advertise his company. Needless to say he was on board. So i spent 8 hours or so a day writing a business plan for him for 3 days straight. I'm waiting for him contact me back tonight after reading it for the final word.

This is my answer to the bad economy. I plan on making money off of this and surviving. I dont know what else to do and i dont have enough money to do anything else.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

In these times it is not the hardest worker who finds the highest success, but the worker who applies his intellect properly. The best way to do this is to stick with your guns, show WHAT YOU KNOW. The path that you are taking is definitely a step in the right direction. As long as you work hard and don't give up you will benefit from your efforts. Please share a link with the community you premier.

GOOD LUCK!

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Good luck with this venture. I faced the same problems as I'm also a felon and was an unmarketable commodity for many years. That's when I started my own service company fixing up and painting apartments when the tenants moved out.
Property mgt. for Realtors and owners of property. I sold that business and started another small mfg business.

I now have 3 LLCs in operation, with employees, partners, a secretary, an accountant, a lawyer and managers. It was much more fun when I was alone.

Stay positive and never give up!
edit on 2-12-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yeah since you got that criminal record, your not going to find anything descent. At least, it won't be very easy.

I guess a podcast could help, although you have to consider it will take A LOT of work. I mean A LOT. Knowing some of the right people may help, but it could take months, maybe even years to develop a steady viewership.

But I suppose you're on the right track. You may as well and try to make your own business, and become your own boss. It's either that, or be forced to take some crummy jobs.

I've kind of wanted to do the same myself. It would be nice having a little talk show, taking about everything and anything. People have told me that I have a good radio voice, although I never really thought I did myself.

So, good luck to you. But I will say, it's going to take a hell of a lot of work. But, as long as your focused and determined. You should be able to get by. Good luck to you.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

where does the podcast come into play here?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Look into aquaponics as an adjunct income stream or alternative. It's a combination of keeping fish (either for protein or koi that you don't harvest) and hydroponics, without the need to buy chemicals. A small yard would produce enough greens for a good income and it would be very inexpensive to set up, depending on your climate.

The produce sells to local restaurants and markets at premium prices because it's organic. One couple near me in Southern Oregon sells 1K a week in salad greens during 9 months of the year on about a 1/4 acre.

Good luck with the other venture; I've often thought of doing a radio interview program myself but I don't understand where the 'income' part comes in...
edit on 38381012pmMondayf38Mon, 02 Dec 2013 22:38:38 -0600America/Chicago by signalfire because: addendum

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I could be wrong, but it seems to me that with 10 years experience in MMA you could be charging for lessons. I know guys who pay for training. Just for fitness, no real matches or anything. I mean, use what you got. You could still do the POD cast. Just an idea, I mean who doesn't want to learn to beat the crap out of someone.

The one advantage of having a crappy job is it all that easier to walk away.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

onequestion
Im a retired professional MMA fighter with ten years experience in the industry with many contacts.

With that experience you could write books.
Training videos.
Books of humorous anecdotes about the sport.
Become the manager of an up-and-coming star.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Good luck. Hopefully your online endeavors work out better than mine have so far.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Thats the plan.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
A "job" is for helping someone else succeed. God gave each of us gifts and talents, for a reason. In those, you will find your treasure. Who needs a "job" when you can run your own business? Apple started from a seed.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

WonderBoi
A "job" is for helping someone else succeed. God gave each of us gifts and talents, for a reason. In those, you will find your treasure. Who needs a "job" when you can run your own business? Apple started from a seed.

So is a career. A career is a job you love doing which helps your employer succeed. If you don't own a business, you work for one, that includes the government (which is a business)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hey all apologies for delayed response and thanks for the support.

I plan on making money through subscriptions to the website and i have a user generated donation program thats similar to no agendas podcast

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

You might want to email the owners of a couple of podcasts like you're planning on and asking kindly if they would tell you how much they make that way; I'm told a few pennies here or there is rather the norm and making enough to live on would be a raging success.

I know I have to ignore all requests for money or subscriptions; I'd be broke myself if I did.

There's just so much content out there that it's easy to go elsewhere.

Have you considered getting a black belt and going into training or bodyguard work? Bouncer at a local bar? Security guard?

I don't know your age but it's possible the Armed Forces would take you provided you're up front about the prior issues and have 'reformed yourself', etc. Generally I wouldn't recommend the military to anyone for any reason, but sometimes it can work out okay for the individual. You'd want technical training preferably in a home base, and not grunt duty or overseas (the Coast Guard has the longest hitch, arguably the most training, and is the least dangerous).

It may seem a long ways away from your present situation, but male RNs are very much in demand. Anyone with a 2 year degree could write their own ticket as to location, and pay would start upwards of $40 an hour. Be prepared to be the guy on the floor who is called to do the muscle work; when I was in nursing, the few women who stayed in it for any length of time are now out on permanent disability with bad backs. There's programs out there for ex-cons and it's conceivable you could get subsidies to help pay your way through school.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Everything you just said is great and i appreciate your input trust me i do. But everything you said is exactly the problem with the world and im slowly realizing it.

Your telling me not to pursue something that i may perceiveably be passionate about because it may not work out to instead get a mindless job as a bouncer or security guard.

I cant handle this crap anymore.

People please wake up and stop being apart of the problem.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I am glad someone else said it, because I cringed when I read "paid subscriptions".

I absolutely do not mean discouragement. jobs are dumb. people want jobs, they want money......or that's what they think they want anyway. if you're doing the podcast for money, then youre duping yourself about "following your passion".

you should think about what it is that you would do for free. then do it for free. not much time will pass (if you're any good at it) until you will find the leverage you need to turn it into food and shelter and ultimately, satisfaction.

incorporate yourself (LLC) in order to protect your assets.

new topics

top topics

join