It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on a certain "kind" of depression?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by linknumbernine

In relation to the "tree" I am also referring to valid evidence of how matter interacts at the quantum scale.

I feel that 10,000 years from now humans will look upon our time in history, in the same way we look at humans
from 10,000 years ago.

My personal impression is that feeling like one is the only real thing in the Universe. Places an enormous burden on the psyche of the individuals thinking that. For me being a part of reality means that to the extent I am capable, I can make a difference. However reality is really organized is relevant intellectually but even once, we develop the means to understand reality in its entirety (from our perspective of reality).

We as a culture will probably still be searching for answers.

Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

I agree. Whos to say that my reality is the same as yours? In this current moment, we cannot perceive the changes that we are going through because they are happening slowly, but one day we will be able to look back and see the changes that we have gone through.

I am seeing it more and more in the people around me that I am convinced that there is some sort of intellectual change going on in the big picture. Those that aren't, are just another step in evolution. Its the order of things, nothing wrong with it.

I think its interesting that ultimately, humans will need to join together and become this "one," (because in the cycle of the universe, I think that everything expands into pieces and then comes back to a singularity over and over and over again.") Yet, we are the very thing that is stopping us from reaching the goal. Is it cause its not time for us to reach it? Are we incapable? Are only some capable??

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

When it all comes down to it, we either produce naturally or by another means chemicals. These chemicals are best known to come from edible things, but many of them we produce psychologically based on our reflection of experience. As we grow we become acquired to these chemicals.

That is it. I mean to have thought make sense is also a combination of chemicals but couldn't be complete without serotonin. To have a positive feeling is dopamine. There are thousands of of different kinds.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Depression is what happens when one feels separate. Depression is a big, massive sign that is telling one, that one has misidentified oneself - it is a wake up call.

The system into which we are born is ridiculous and one has to learn to be mad - as young children we see the insanity but after spending time in this madhouse we try to fit into it. It is the trying to fit in that is the problem.
There is no need to fit in as you are really all that is - always have been, always will be.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

In evolutionary theory there is something called punctuated equilibrium. A good example is in relation to the development of dinosaurs or insects that could fly. Essentially the process of punctuated equilibrium presents that there are evolutionary "spurts" and this in relation to a favorable mutation. In context a Prophet could have been exactly that, a person who inherently is closer to the source of reality.

Understand that in relation to depression as the prior post explained, it is very relate to feelings of isolation. And as I have presented a state of depression can be reinforced by the development, of neural connections. We work in a certain way and when we focus upon any position? Neural connections reinforce that position.

So yes 500 million people die of starvation every year and one third of the population world wide suffers from malnutrition, that lowers IQ.

And we can go on and on and on beyond that.

That is the world we were born in and its basis in fact is related to what we have learned to date. Today conflict diamonds are collected by slaves as well as the fact that prostitution are also related to slave trade. At the same time humans have been exposed as well to experiences. That very well could lead one in a direction that brings one closer to the source.

Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Sorry! Late reply. Yes it makes sense. It sounds to be like the Oroborous of everything. Everything is linked so yes, all situations and subjects lead into every other possible subject in even the most tiniest of ways.

I see it as this. It is a cycle, but moreso perhaps a sphere, that appears to be never ending. Whenever we "think" we reach an end we realize that we're actually just at the start of something different, perhaps even something we've already seen before.

But my theory is, that to sustain such a system, there must be a means of putting information in at SOME POINT in "time." Meaning, there is a flux in the system somewhere in SOMETHING, somehow that could possibly lead into whatever is actually on the outside of this sphere.

BUT, there is also the possibility that there is no flux/hole in the sphere, which would mean that it is a self sustained system. But then again, that leads us to ask, WHAT IS IT SUSTAINED IN? If there is something physical, it has limitations, which means it has an "edge." If something has an edge, then it means that there is something working against it to create that "edge," much like the pressure inside of a contained water bottle. The ATM pressure acts like a barrier to the water. If there is no barrier, then everything would simply expand infinitely and forever.

On the subject of evolution.
Species evolve over long periods of time so yes, its hard to see the current steps in evolution from such a minuscule vantage point. However, I think youre right to believe that there are "jumps" in evolution where a species can almost overnight change. (more like a few years.) An example is the entire human race, and how in the past 300 years we have exponentially expanded our evolutionary process much faster than the last 10000 years. Why is this? Who knows... I sure dont, but I should like to think that we will find out one day.

Any thoughts?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join