It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What`s the ultimate goal ? ...then what ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

On this, we agree.

Life is one long lesson filled with achievements and goals.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

You weren't being very clear, were you?

You also claimed there wasn't any 'God' which is why I replied to you directly.

One cannot claim such a thing objectively (just like I cannot claim what you do or don't believe, I agree with that, but again you weren't very clear with your thoughts) because just like I said above, God can be many things, like the Universal Consciousness for example.

Direct quote: 'God can equal a lot of things: The Divine, The Ultimate Source, One, Ultimate Love, etc.'

edit on 2-12-2013 by St0rD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

St0rD
reply to post by Sovaka

You weren't being very clear, were you?

You also claimed there wasn't any 'God' which is why I replied to you directly.

One cannot claim such a thing objectively (just like I cannot claim what you do or don't believe, I agree with that, but again you weren't very clear with your thoughts) because just like I said above, God can be many things, like the Universal Source for example, just like you stated later in the thread.

Direct quote: 'God can equal a lot of things: The Divine, The Ultimate Source, One, Ultimate Love, etc.'

You mean I didn't explicitly voulanteer any information?
You are correct... I do not voulanteer information unless I want to (hence voulanteering).

And no... I never stated there wasn't any gods or any entity claiming to have the name of God.
I stated that there are no facts of said entity or entities.
Hence the terminology used: fictitious; without fact.

God cannot be many things because you are assigning a name to an entity or to a collection; a collection being that of entities, objects or thoughts.

If someone assigns God as a label or name to an object, thought or entity that is not factual, then you cannot claim that God exists.
Example, just because I name my dog God, doesn't mean God in the general religious or spiritual belief is my dog; and therefor God does exist because an entity exists with that name.
Therefor you cannot claim label or name to an entity or otherwise without it being factual based on its perceived religious or spiritual view.
Therefor my statement is correct.

Just because you (not saying that you do) or millions of other people believe that a god named God does exist, doesn't make it true.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

To perfect yourself, well good luck with this one.

Better the out comes around you and which present themselves to you. Well its easier not simple.....

Rely on whatever you call grace and go for it doing yer best.....

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Imagine you are playing a game. You get good enough at this game that you begin to attach value to it, use it to support your ego (which, no doubt, has increased because you are good at this game).

Imagine that you never have to retire from this game. And that score is kept with $$$ instead of points.

The wealthy and superwealthy are just like you and I. Except they play a game with their wealth. And their ability to play this game supports their egos, which are inflated due to their sense of superiority. This is how people act in general. There is a study relating this behavioral trait to Monopoly. I could look it up in a few when I am done with a task I am working on....but its easy to Google up if interested.

The point here is, once you have an advantage like wealth to leverage in your favor, you can find gaining more wealth easier, assuming you aren't a moron. Not long after, you start feeling superior to others, since you were able to do it and they weren't. And you ignore the huge advantage your wealth gives you (looser credit terms, more assets for leverage, investor interest, etc) while assessing your superiority.

but the game continues. Because your ego requires it. You must keep trying to get that new high score.

I know lots of wealthy people. They really are just folks like us, but with the above viewpoint. Its all about ego, and how one identifies oneself.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
CosmicDude,
very interesting question. A question which has been mulled over by millions and millions over thousands of years, yet it has never truly been answered.

If you have studied FRACTALS and know that rudimentary shapes are made up from smaller pieces of the same rudimentary shape, then I believe that our quest in life is similar.

We work all week to pay rent, then we buy a house. When we pay off the house, we then think about the kids and their future etc etc etc.

STILL CONFUSED.....So am I.....Anyway I'll try again.

Video games are all about getting to the next level, and when you finish the game your happy, but sad that there is no more challenge left. So you go out and buy another game to challenge your reflexes and I.Q, then power through each frame, thus appeasing your ego, endorphins flow through body, just like the athlete who wins their meetings each week, and finally your spent, once again.

Rich and Powerful people are the same.

They challenge each other to see who can manipulate the markets, gain a greater prophet and to hell with the people who loose their jobs as a result. The more skyscrapers you own, the more envious your enemies become, thus the more their ego is appeased, endorphins etc, blah blah blah, today Manhattan, tomorrow the world.

This is a total nonsense answer, because humans are not designed to live forever. We are designed to conquer our immediate environment in order for the next generation to enter safely, then we die. Simple. Then it is their turn to do the same for their offspring.

The problem arises when there are no more challenges left, yet there is still life pumping through your veins.

Yes one day Monsanto will completely OWN the earth and all of it's inhabitants, and I suppose the obvious question arises once again, and my answer is a simple variation of the previous one, "Today the Earth, tomorrow the Universe".

edit on 3-12-2013 by Trubeeleever because: Grammatical corrections

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Most of the time another beer ...

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Expat888
Most of the time another beer ...

Great answers everyone, but I particularly like this one

top topics

<< 1   >>

join