It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maritime ‘black hole’: Russia launches new ‘stealth’ submarine!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by StellarX

My words are fierce and authentic as I know that the stakes are high for many individuals.

However, I'm usually quite calm even when writing fierce words. These are old issues for me. I just want to spare as many as I can as much suffering as I can.

Thanks for what I considered a kind and thoughtful response.

Happy to read what you write further.

BTW, it is not that they want to kill 500 million. They plan to kill off ALL BUT 200-500 million survivors left.

That would be about 6.8 BILLION PEOPLE they plan to try and kill off. Thankfully, God's Word indicates they'll "only" achieve roughly half that much genocide.

I think you made good points about the treasonous, genocidal, demonized jerks running things.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Ah yes..A Diesel electric sub..Very stealthy..

When is the last time anyone saw a quiet diesel engine?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Wow!!!

Orangetom

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

diesels run on diesel not batteries
they need batteries to start them maybe and the diesel in turn charges the batteries and run generators as well as power the sub.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I could speculate on a design that may work...

Diesel would be there for long distance cruising, that's nothing new. But once into an operating area, it might be possible to use an RTG for standby and also have it able to trickle-charge back to another battery bank used for peak power while submerged. (Sort of a hybrid diesel-nuclear sub, but an RTG is mostly passive compared to a typical reactor and has a much lower output. The RTG should also be self-contained and a lot smaller so you may not need nuclear training to operate with it.) Neither the RTG or batteries have moving parts nor involve high thermal loads as part of operation, so that would make for a really quiet sub. Add an extra casing external to the pressure hull with an acoustic deflective profile (basically a sub version of the kind of stealth used in aircraft), and you might have a rather neat sub that would be really hard to find unless somebody does something stupid.

Now whether or not that's how the sub is designed, who knows? But something like that may make sense since the technology to make it happen exists.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Certain Diesel engines are started by compressed air..not by batteries.

This can be very important on a diesel electric submarine as if one has traveled a long ways or for a long time on batteries...electric charge may be substantially down. Compressed air starting will change this starting dynamic and relieve stress on the battery electrical system.

And compressed air systems on any submarine needs to be constantly maintained and monitored as to its up to date status. Same with battery charge. Standard practice.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eathis

Simplistically, diesel subs are diesel-electric subs. When on the surface or near enough for 'snorkeling,' diesel subs run on diesel. When submerged, they run using electric motors run by a bank of batteries that are charged by the diesel engine. The system is more complicated but this is the general principal.
Electric motors are quiet relative to nuclear plants because of minimal machinery needed to run an electric motor from batteries.

ASW Officer, USNavy.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

The Gotland class subs have a Stirling engine that runs on diesel and LOX whilst submerged as an alternate power source. Diesel, batteries or Stirling.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Bedlam

The Gotland class subs have a Stirling engine that runs on diesel and LOX whilst submerged as an alternate power source. Diesel, batteries or Stirling.

The Swedish subs are among the most stealthy and will be replaced by the follow-on A26 using similar propulsion systems. These are excellent vessels and are unmatched for shallow water operations. Operation with the Sterling gives the boat a top speed [published data] of 5 knots. Usually 3 knots will provide enough headway to have rudder response and 3kts is a nice loiter speed. Batteries provide 20 kts [published data] for high speed maneuvers but, in a coastal defense mode, they would tend to loiter near approaches and choke points on the Stirling.

They do have the problem of exhaust from the Stirling giving away a position but they must have solved that problem.

AIP submarine designs resulted in the Typ XVIII Walter submarine of the Kriegsmarine which decomposed hydrogen peroxide to make steam [much like early torpedoes] and injected a little diesel into the steam oxygen mix for added energy. This didn't see any battle as a peroxide fueled vessel but the hull design greatly influenced early nuclear powered subs.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

They dissolve the Stirling's exhaust gas into the seawater with a fairly clever bit of engineering.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

SubTruth

In the past I have seen many stories about Russian tech and how great it is. The funny part is as time passes it always ends up being a lie.

Don't get me wrong maybe just maybe they finally got something right. But if I was a betting man my money would not be on them.

I know what you mean mate , same applies to our tech in the west at times too...One thing though the Sov's (ex sovs I suppose) have always been far ahead of us when it comes to the tech behind the construction of their subs. It's the initial trials and testing and also the maintenance that has generally let them down, and cost the lives of many brave submariners.

The rise of Russia seems to have coincided with the decline of the West...worrying times ahead ?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

projectvxn

Many navies kept (and keep) Diesel subs as part of their forces because they are quieter than the (older admittedly) Nuclear subs. The UK kept its Oberon class Diesel subs for this very reason.

It does give the mental image (like old Diesel cars) of submarines that sound like tractors lol

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

current93

projectvxn

Many navies kept (and keep) Diesel subs as part of their forces because they are quieter than the (older admittedly) Nuclear subs. The UK kept its Oberon class Diesel subs for this very reason.

It does give the mental image (like old Diesel cars) of submarines that sound like tractors lol

Quieter?? You guys are making a huge assumption here. Huge!!

You've been listening to to many "experts." Watching to many movies.

I know what you mean mate , same applies to our tech in the west at times too...One thing though the Sov's (ex sovs I suppose) have always been far ahead of us when it comes to the tech behind the construction of their subs. It's the initial trials and testing and also the maintenance that has generally let them down, and cost the lives of many brave submariners.

The rise of Russia seems to have coincided with the decline of the West...worrying times ahead ?

I saw the photos of the freeflood area underneath the missile tubes of a Russian
Typhoon class boomer. I could hardly hold my laughter. In and around the missile tubes
as well.
This was proabably an older Typhoon Boomer up for scrap...but nonetheless I was stunned by what I saw..then could hardly hold the laughter.

Same thing when I looked in their nuclear reactor under defueling here....

www.youtube.com...

Watch closely this video about 12:12 into the video. This is a shielded container with reactor fuel rod in it. Meaning high levels of radiation and contamination.
One of the first things you do before operating any controls on a container like this is to disconnect the crane. If the crane operator has a heart attack or passes out on the controls and has a runaway crane it will rip this container off the pedestal and everyone can be heavily dosed if not killed shortly after exposure.
They are hand cranking on the shielded machine at 12:12 with the crane still hooked up.
These fuel rods are smoking hot.
I was dumbfounded when seeing this video.

Now watch on frame 18:52 where the guy steps into the portal monitor to get '
frisked out. First he takes off his potentially crapped out/contaminated booties and puts them into the trash can. He cold have contamination on his hands from work or from the booties. Then he steps into the portal monitor and pulls the handles with his bare potentially contaminated hands. He pulls the machine to his chest ..then frisks his hands up on the side of the board after he has pulled his hands on the handles. Then he pushes the handles away from himself. Interesting arrangement.

When I have frisked out...our hands touch nothing until they have been frisked..either in a portal monitor or on a hand frisking wand. The first thing frisked on a manual frisker is your hands. Then after they have cleared...you can then touch the wand and continue frisking with the wand..but always hands first.

Now what was all that about Russian Engineering/quality control???
Russian Submarines??? Wow!! Have you ever seen a Russian Formula one racing team...how about a Nascar Set up?? A Russian Computer..reliable and at a competitive price??
Do some of you have any idea what our engineers found in the Aswan High Dam in Egypt built by Russian Engineers after they kicked the Russians out. It was a set up built with band aids...patch me up yard sale parts. Our engineers were dumbfounded.

All I have to know is to go down to my local shopping center and see how many Russian Goods are sold there. I dont mean Russian Rifles and stacking dolls. I mean real Russian High Tech goods. Anyone seen a Russian I phone...I pad?? Note book??
How many Russian Autos have you seen on the dealer lots in your home town??
Super Powers can do this can they not???

Grow up people...!!
Think it through and quit believing many of our own leaders and public education tries to feed you with useless nonsense. The liars and deceivers about all this are here in the west..not over in Russia. Our own leaders are deceiving us on this simplicity.

Thanks,
Orangetom
edit on 3-2-2014 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by Spookybelle

Sooooooooooo . . . how do you explain the literally hundreds of people all around the world who have been having very clear and repeated prophetic type dreams of just that happening . . . nukes from subs and other vehicles striking our cities on the Left and East coasts at the start of WW3.

And certainly there are also rumors from Russia as well as China of such goings on in the works.

Dimitru Duduman has the best track record on such dreams and visions. . . . now deceased . . .

DIMITRU DUDUMAN’S VISIONS
CHINA AND RUSSIA ATTACK:

www.handofhelp.com...

Dreams are ypur source ?

Well guess its better than youtube

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Posted earlier up the page by Orangetom

Certain Diesel engines are started by compressed air..not by batteries.

Here is some food for you more capable readers to consider.

A submarine which has been operating for some time on batteries or
DC power...and operating on significant load...if you decide to come to the surface and
"Snort" or stick up the snorkel mast....and start your diesel engine on electrical turning motor or starter...you many find yourself working or operating near or over your load limit and shut down many electrical systems.

Not a smart way to do business.

For this reason many diesel generators engines are designed to be air started from stored air banks. Not electrical starter motors which consume huge amperage. This is important when you have low battery charge and or are operating near your electrical load limits.

The assumption made in many of these posts is that diesel engines are started by an electrical starter motor..Not necessarily so.

Think it through .it makes sense.

Orangetom

edit on 15-2-2014 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

There's no doubt that Russia doesn't have the capability to make technological consumer items---that's a matter of business sense and commercial infrastructure in addition to engineering talent. (The USA is losing most of this as well.) You can't buy a German cell phone, much less a French or Italian one.

And their attitude towards safety is pretty well known---just go to youtube and look for all the "Russian Dash Cam" videos.

And when they built the Aswan dam remember it was an ideological charity project---did the engineers really give a crap about Egyptians? No.

But they do have stupendously good computer hackers.

On the other hand, they do make space launch systems and ICBMs. Physics is entirely unforgiving, and either you can do it or you can't. And they can. Most can't.

They have, at the elite level, exceptionally good mathematical and scientific education. From experience I've heard mathematically inclined Russians say that US college mathematics courses---and I mean by this upper division abstract algebra and real analysis---were done in high school. Calculus around 8th grade. Obviously this was the 'smart track' in Russia/USSR, but that's the people who make the difference.
edit on 17-2-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
mbkennel

There's no doubt that Russia doesn't have the capability to make technological consumer items---that's a matter of business sense and commercial infrastructure in addition to engineering talent. (The USA is losing most of this as well.) You can't buy a German cell phone, much less a French or Italian one.

The Russians cannot do this about making consumer items because even today it takes everything they have to support the infrastructure they have set up. There are few surpluses. The French and Italians do not make these items because they, like us, cannot compete at the best prices verses stuff made in Mexico or the Orient.

For those who know what they are looking at and can read between the lines on the Olympics and what is happening there...it is very telling. Only the news media is very complict in covering this up and adding window dressing.

And their attitude towards safety is pretty well known---just go to youtube and look for all the "Russian Dash Cam" videos.

Yes..I know about this ..particularly their surface fleet and submarine safety record.
They have some 9 nuclear submarines sitting on the bottom of the ocean somewhere out here. Permanently.

And when they built the Aswan dam remember it was an ideological charity project---did the engineers really give a crap about Egyptians? No.

It was no different with their space program...in the early days when our Apollo astronauts went across to the Russian space ship after docking...they were appalled at what they saw. They could not believe the Russians went up in that space craft.
NASA Langley Research Center is right up the road from me. Lots of NASA people live around here...active and retired. They can tell some interesting stories...at times.

But they do have stupendously good computer hackers.

Computer hackers are what you use or misuse for intelligence gathering or stealing other people's work. This in particular when you cannot do it yourself.

On the other hand, they do make space launch systems and ICBMs. Physics is entirely unforgiving, and either you can do it or you can't. And they can. Most can't.

They are and have been allowed to do it. It is the USA which has been the greatest supporter of Russia...both in the Soviet days and today as well. They would have gone under many times in the days of the Soviets were it not for outside help. Their greatest benefactors are here in the West..not in Russia. This is known informations in certain circles.

The Soviets built a space shuttle ..it looks very much like the one we built here. How many Flights did it make?? They have a TU 144 bomber which looks very much like the B1 lancer bomber. Why is that?? Because they know it works??

But they never could get their Space Shuttle to work. Think it through...carefully.
Launch a missile into orbit where all the stages get used up is very different from a Space Shuttle.

They can also do it much cheaper than the USA because of the lack of safety items...as well as checks and double checks.

They have, at the elite level, exceptionally good mathematical and scientific education. From experience I've heard mathematically inclined Russians say that US college mathematics courses---and I mean by this upper division abstract algebra and real analysis---were done in high school. Calculus around 8th grade. Obviously this was the 'smart track' in Russia/USSR, but that's the people who make the difference.

LOL LOL LOL...think about what you are saying here. Good mathematical education or any other education obviously does not fill the consumer shelves or stores. This much is clear.
I am not that impressed with science or other disciplines since I also know that the olde Soviets believed devoutly and religiously in Science and engineering as the Government murdered millions of their own people in the various purges which took place. Science and Mathematics were of no help here. Neither did these disciplinies put goods or food on the store shelves for the ordinary peon.

We here in American are in like manner being dumbed down in every category and particularly in History so that we will not be able to remember or follow the track of this type of logic and reason. We are being turned into Soviet Style Russians...by use and misuse of Education and the media. How about those Redskins, NASCAR, The Kardashians and the Orange Housewives.

The tell tale sign of what I am declaring here ...is when the shelves in your local store begin to rapidly empty out and not be refilled. Economic Collapse. Then none of our leadership or highly educated people will be of any use. For none of them know how to handle this..nor does obviously a Government Expert.

Da...Tovarich???

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Although I am no expert in submarines I know that there are some serious pitfalls to diesel submarining. There is a reason why a country like the USA does not go back to diesel subs. I argue that If a country can build a decent nuclear powered sub then they will and not choose to build a diesel sub instead.

Nuclear subs are faster, quieter ( sorry diesel fans. If you think a diesel is really quieter then good you haven't a clue just how quiet nuclear subs are. Nowadays the USA isn't trying to make their subs quieter. They are already so quiet that they have go work on making them blend in with the background because they are too quiet) and able to evade detection or persuit much much better than diesels.

Imagine how screwed a diesel sub is if it ever gets detected by a hostile force. See navies have this thing called active sonar. The USA has active sonar that's so powerful literally nothing in the ocean can hide from it. Whales miles away drop dead from its power. Ever think if we ever detected a diesel sub we would light it up with that same active sonar like a deer caught in a xenon beam search light. If a carrier task force even suspects a hostile sub or that the area is even mined or lurking with drone subs it would and easily could just blast the ocean with said active sonar and see literally everything for miles around it. That diesel sub will be busted like a burgler in a house when the cops flick on all the lights and actually have the guy completely surrounded.

Also arguing with orangetom over submarine matters is like a first person shooter video game fan arguing shooting techniques with a green beret. It's safe to say one knows a lot more about the subject than the other.

Also what if for fun the us navy once detecting said enemy diesel dcided to run that poor sub down like a exhausted hunted animal. Extremely easy to do to a diesel.

Finally don't be so sure these foreign subs are really traveling around or surfacing in the mist of USA navy without being detected. The reality is those subs were probably Watched tge whole time and allowed to play those stunts to give them a false perspective of reality. It's really the best way to lead your enemies down the wrong path technology wise and to ensure continuity in us dominance navy wise.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Speaking of amazing naval vessels. Just toured the USS Iowa this weekend. Damn that was/ is one solid ship. Was a proud day for me and every other american taking a tour of that fine ship that day. They didn't call her the big stick for nothing.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Speaking of amazing naval vessels. Just toured the USS Iowa this weekend. Damn that was/ is one solid ship. Was a proud day for me and every other american taking a tour of that fine ship that day. They didn't call her the big stick for nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join