It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Moon fakery

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I was wondering about the Apollo 11 moon landing..... Imagine trying to shoot up some module from earth and dock it with an airplane.... it would be pretty hard nowadays.
Back when they supposedly landed on the moon, when it was time to return to the circulating command spacecraft, the module on the moon had one chance to dock...well my question is did it really manage this mission?
To my way of thinking, there possibly was some guys in the module (but not Aldrin and Armstrong) which walked around on the moon and planted a flag, but those poor patsys never managed to dock with the rocket and just zoomed out into space (leaving no evidence). Meanwhile the three guys (Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins) which were really in the rocket circulating all the time ,(while the module was on the moon) managed to get it back to earth and climb out after landing in the sea. Who really knows?
Maybe this is a bit of a confusing question/theory of mine, but it could have worked.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

darkorange
If China succeeds in putting men on the Moon by 2020 that would make 70 years since last men on the Moon. Duhhh1

70 years!!! Does is not make it clear to you that Moon missions were staged back in 60th? Simply because the tech did not arrive there at that time to do so.

Pure logic.

Not really. It's been 30 years since we sent a probe to Uranus, and no space-faring nation has a return trip to Uranus planned and funded, yet the technology exists to do so.

Furthermore, it could be that there is no good reason during the political climate of the last generation to spend the money (a lot of money) on a moon mission. You would think that subsequent Moon missions after Apollo would consist of more than two guys walking around for a couple of days (or else why even bother), which would cost even more than the Apollo flights did.

Try selling that to a tax-paying public who was already crying about how wasteful the moon landings were. In the 1970s, the Moon landings that came after the first few were seen a a huge waste of taxpayer money. Many people argued that money would be better spent solving societal ills back on Earth. I doubt the American public would have gone for even spending MORE money on extended missions and moon bases.

The public outcry against spending more money to continue with moon exploration was the reason they stopped, and once they stopped it was hard to get the money together to start again.

edit on 12/2/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Both onebigmonkey and Soylent give the right picture, the Russians were in LEO and there would be drag to some degree, while at a high velocity.
Soylent is saying pretty much what NASA said. They do know both the crossbars and pole are there, the picture I saw, either A12 or A16, you can see the flagpole, and in fact it is indicated as a flagpole NOT, as flag and flagpole. they don't know with any certainty if the flags themselves survive. And that's it, no more no less.

edit on 2-12-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by darkorange

Not a bad effort was it.

Good on the US.

Oh wait, you're motives... they were ulterior.

Oh well, go bang a rock since it's all humans are capable of. ugh ugh

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Sorry man, you talking of sending a piece of metal to outter orbit that would intersept with some planet.

We are talking of landing module on the Moon, then take off, randevouz with orbital module, returning to Earth.

and you talk about recent developments. What did we send back in 60th? Venus autonomus modules? Duhhh...Look, just forget your US pride and think for a moment that Russians sent 70 years ago men on the Moon, how would you look at it today with todays tech? You would be the first one to say its a scam.

No?

cheers

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Komodo
yeeah.. for those that can't watch the video, JW explains that NASA stated that the shadow on the moon where the flag pole is at is the shadow of the flag itself: how can this be since the soviet union put a flag on the space station and it was destroyed with less than a year and ...

our flag is still standing after 50 years & enduring cosmic radiation and being bombarded my micrometers ??

this and the cater has always been a few of the 100 questions that still remain ..

edit on 2-12-2013 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

More moon fakery?!? Surely we have had enough of it already!

It is all theatre. Stan-the-Man-style

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Bilk22

kurthall

darkorange

kurthall
reply to post by Komodo

We went to the Moon, and there are an awful lot of threads on the topic. As far as a Flag, I would say there is a difference between the moon and a space station. I am sure someone will fill you in.

Yeah, you did. The more time passes by the more ridiculous that statement is. Just think about it, 50 years ago USA went to the Moon? 50!!!! Up till now its a task no nation could undertake, not because no need to, there is always need to be there, but because tech challenges are enourmous. 50 years...Think about that.

Dude, you do realize we have had Rovers on mars for quite some time now, and have mapped allot of it too, and the moon is a hell of allot closer than mars. You are saying "Up till now its a task no nation could under take." The moon is 238,900 miles from the earth, Mars is 35 MILLION MILES AWAY, and you are seriously telling me we can just now get to the moon? LMAO, I am sorry dude your wrong.

Did you know that you can see pictures in color of Mars we have taken by our remote control rover? Or do we not have that tech yet? You my friend need to do some research. YES we were on the moon 50 years ago, and that is a hell of a lot closer than Mars.
Dude, you do realize putting a piece of machinery up there is one thing. Putting people up there is altogether different. But maybe you didn't know or understand that concept.

I DO understand, I do think that if we can send "machinery" 35 million miles away 10 years ago, that it is pretty much a given that we could travel 238,000 miles with a few people 50 years ago. Also there are already plans in the works to send maned space craft to Mars. It will take about 7 months to get there. I think that is amazing. But okay you can think whatever you want. We went to the Moon and soon We will go to Mars too, and 50 years from the time we do get there some people will be people saying we didn't, and the cycle will start all over again. Sigh
edit on 2-12-2013 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2013 by kurthall because: spell

edit on 2-12-2013 by kurthall because: added

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

cprnicus

Looking at the moons surface there is abundant evidence of crater erosion with time. It makes sense that most of this is from gravitational effects but also those effects stated from micro meteors and particles travelling at tens of thousands of mph? Makes me wonder why the flag is still there also. Either its made from the same stuff as Superman's cape or it's not there at all. Another DOH! for NASA?

Another DOH for NASA? You ask that seriously, after just saying that in less than 50 years you expect the same sort of landscape erosion that occurs over millions of years to happen to a flag?

Jumping Jehosaphat...

just wow..

fail humanity, u gene pool is clogged.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

atomsmasher
I was wondering about the Apollo 11 moon landing..... Imagine trying to shoot up some module from earth and dock it with an airplane.... it would be pretty hard nowadays.

Trying to dock an airplane with something in the earth's atmosphere is harder than trying to dock two spacecraft in space.

There are too many variable forces acting on the plane in the sky (wind resistance being a big one) that we don't have in space. For the most part, the only force acting on spacecraft in orbit is the gravitational pull of the object they are orbiting -- but that force would be basically the same on BOTH craft, so any variables associated with that would be negligible.

Put it this way: in space, if two craft are moving at the same speed and in the same direction -- even if that speed is 17000 mph, to the people in those two spacecraft, the two craft would seem to not be moving at all relative to each other. And that is why they can dock, even at 17000 mph.

edit on 12/2/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

darkorange
I

70 years!!! Does is not make it clear to you that Moon missions were staged back in 60th? Simply because the tech did not arrive there at that time to do so.

Another no men on the Mooner! Who took the 35mm picture of Earth then?
edit on 2-12-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

mysterioustranger
Well then...all this Mars Rover talk and exciting photos? We arent really ON Mars either. Its being faked on a movie soundstage too like everything else moon related was...right?

If we couldnt make the shorter distance to the moon in 1st trials at space flight and landings.....then we could never-now be on Mars.*

*(Im being sarcastic...but see my point?) Personally? Im pro-Moon and pro-Mars, believing we reached both....

*I reject your sarcasm plea and substitute proof of the mars rover con.
MARS & the Curiosity Rover - NASA's latest hoax.

They succeeded for years in the moon landings hoax. Why quit while you're a head?

link   

darkorange
Pure logic.

I am sorry but that is offensive to logic. You have not a clue.

Your OPINION here is not logic. Not based on logic, nor does it even require logic to arrive at.

"I dunno, so they cant have."

is NOT logic.

link   

atomsmasher
Back when they supposedly landed on the moon, when it was time to return to the circulating command spacecraft, the module on the moon had one chance to dock...well my question is did it really manage this mission?

read all about how they did it here
www.google.com.au... KG8qClQXlj4DYDw&usg=AFQjCNFVUeXxEsz2o1FYG3KiN_dlQP9fmA&sig2=qXQjzcwpdULEc-PbrnB6BA&bvm=bv.57155469,d.dGI
and
www.google.com.au... KG8qClQXlj4DYDw&usg=AFQjCNFVUeXxEsz2o1FYG3KiN_dlQP9fmA&sig2=qXQjzcwpdULEc-PbrnB6BA&bvm=bv.57155469,d.dGI‎
and
heroicrelics.org...
edit on 2-12-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I can see it now. In no time at all we will have people claiming that Aliens landed the flag on the moon.

Humans obv, didn't have the technology to do it. No prehistoric man could fly to the moon. That is absurd and stupid and you're an idiot if you even think it. Haha seriously. People think man went to the moon. What idiots.

Obviously it was aliens. And the moon - it is in SPACE - where the aliens live.

It's all just like the Pyramids.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by darkorange

Excellent.

I agree.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

if some one has a claim they had a working computer 2000 years ago...What do you say. They say we had space ships in India 2000 years ago.

How long it will take for you to realize its a scam? 100 years since, 200 years...you just tell me your astimate, then we will talk)))LOL I bet another 50 years before humanity able to put men on the Moon. What do you say?

cheers

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

kurthall

Bilk22

kurthall

darkorange

kurthall
reply to post by Komodo

We went to the Moon, and there are an awful lot of threads on the topic. As far as a Flag, I would say there is a difference between the moon and a space station. I am sure someone will fill you in.

Yeah, you did. The more time passes by the more ridiculous that statement is. Just think about it, 50 years ago USA went to the Moon? 50!!!! Up till now its a task no nation could undertake, not because no need to, there is always need to be there, but because tech challenges are enourmous. 50 years...Think about that.

Dude, you do realize we have had Rovers on mars for quite some time now, and have mapped allot of it too, and the moon is a hell of allot closer than mars. You are saying "Up till now its a task no nation could under take." The moon is 238,900 miles from the earth, Mars is 35 MILLION MILES AWAY, and you are seriously telling me we can just now get to the moon? LMAO, I am sorry dude your wrong.

Did you know that you can see pictures in color of Mars we have taken by our remote control rover? Or do we not have that tech yet? You my friend need to do some research. YES we were on the moon 50 years ago, and that is a hell of a lot closer than Mars.
Dude, you do realize putting a piece of machinery up there is one thing. Putting people up there is altogether different. But maybe you didn't know or understand that concept.

I DO understand, I do think that if we can send "machinery" 35 million miles away 10 years ago, that it is pretty much a given that we could travel 238,000 miles with a few people 50 years ago. Also there are already plans in the works to send maned space craft to Mars. It will take about 7 months to get there. I think that is amazing. But okay you can think whatever you want. We went to the Moon and soon We will go to Mars too, and 50 years from the time we do get there will be people saying we didn't, and the cycle will start all over again. Sigh
edit on 2-12-2013 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2013 by kurthall because: spell
Well I actually didn't say we didn't land men on the moon. I merely pointed out there is a very big difference between machinery and men when considering space travel. However one has to certainly consider the type of machinery we had 50 years ago. They used slide rules then. You cell phone has more processing power than the lunar module. Hindsight is 20/20 and looking at the stuff were claimed went to the moon, certainly begs some questions at the very least.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Ok, I have said it before and I'll say it again.......

If we went to the moon, why haven't we returned with bigger and better technology?

Cost? Pull the other one.

Been there, done that? Pull the other one.

Nothing there? F&*k sake, pull the other one.

Boring? ******************** no way.

I can fire back an answer to you silly "we went to the moon" counterarguments.

We just didn't ok.

Machines went to the moon, man didn't. End of.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
To all the NASA naysayers on here most of who rely on BS from JW and other idiots on youtube because they have NO expertise or skill or knowledge of their own to use.

Do you all know that when the Astronauts were on the Moon and pictures were taken the distance to objects and features were recorded.

These distance and features can be checked on the LRO QuickMap site also very small craters and rocks
seen in the pictures taken on the surface can be matched up as well and could only been taken if the Astronauts were on the surface because NOTHING we had then could have photographed them!!!

It's not rocket science to show they did go but for some on here it may as well be.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Ok mate, pick up your dummy.

Christ, why not tar us with all the same brush?

I can read government websites too. Gosh, it must all be true.

Sorry, I have checked now and a stand corrected. Thanks for the info. You have totally changed my belief.

It's like a revelation people. I have seen the light!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join